PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints benching Kenny Vaccaro

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@RapSheet: More severe changes: The #Saints are benching talented 2013 1st rounder Kenny Vaccaro, who has earned several game balls. Incredible.

Wasn't this kid a stud as a rookie? One of the biggest sophomore slumps in awhile.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NFL_Draft

The 2013 draft class is not looking good. Look at the top 10 in particular. Collins is one of the few brightspots.

@RapSheet: More severe changes: The #Saints are benching talented 2013 1st rounder Kenny Vaccaro, who has earned several game balls. Incredible.

Wasn't this kid a stud as a rookie? One of the biggest sophomore slumps in awhile.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NFL_Draft

The 2013 draft class is not looking good. Look at the top 10 in particular. Collins is one of the few brightspots.
Can we trade a late round pick for him in the offseason?

Maybe they need to move him to cornerback? :p

10-3-saints-fans-3_4.jpg

Looks like the Aints are marchin' in.

Sometimes I wonder if any DB can excel in the NFL today... beyond perhaps the very rare elite players like Revis and Sherman. There was a time when a QB throwing for 4000 yds was an epic occurrence worthy of MVP consideration. This year there are a least a DOZEN QB's from elite to average will b reak that barrier.

When the Pats were first founded in 1960 a QB who had a completion percentage of 50 was doing OK. In this NFL a QB who doesn't have a completion rate of over 60% isn't going to have a job. Its in this environment we ask, or rather demand our defensive backs to stop pass plays to exceptional athletes on a regular baisis

Are you sure you've been watching the same guy?

Positive. Are you? He's the Saints version of Brandon Meriweather. How many non-Pats fans told you we were nuts for letting Meriweather go? He looks great on the highlight reel but sucks snap to snap. He's being benched for a reason. Payton has never benched anyone for character reasons.

Why are they announcing this on a tuesday ? How does it help their team. ? Weird.

Why are they announcing this on a tuesday ? How does it help their team. ? Weird.
What do they care at this point?

I hope that Pherein posts soon, so that he can help explain exactly what the hell is going on down there.
Just when you think that NO is turning a corner, they fall on their face...and it looks almost guaranteed
that there will be 2 Ryans looking for work in January.

Positive. Are you? He's the Saints version of Brandon Meriweather. How many non-Pats fans told you we were nuts for letting Meriweather go? He looks great on the highlight reel but sucks snap to snap. He's being benched for a reason. Payton has never benched anyone for character reasons.

I'm just wondering because Vaccaro isn't really a big hitter and is much better in coverage than he's generally been given credit for. It's almost as if you're describing the exact opposite player.

Last edited:
The Saints are having a lousy year. I don't think anyone on that team is doing well. They should probably bench the entire D

I'm just wondering because Vaccaro isn't really a big hitter and is much better in coverage than he's generally been given credit for. It's almost as if you're describing the exact opposite player.

Regardless of which stats site you prefer, he's ranked in the bottom 5 starting safeties on just about all of them.

Regardless of which stats site you prefer, he's ranked in the bottom 5 starting safeties on just about all of them.

Outside of Jordan, nobody on that defense is having anything remotely approaching a good year. That's why they've tanked so badly from last year to this year. It will more than likely cost Rob Ryan his job and Payton, from some of the reports I've read, shouldn't be too cozy either.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back