PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Safety Troy Vincent released. Are we interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainefan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Evidently, in a cost-cutting move, Washington released Troy Vincent. The Redskins will save about $1.3 million--no all that much. Could he be usful to us?

Why is it that ever vet that is realesed we should be interested in.. Would he be useful, maybee, but of the Vet's out there.. I will take Donnie Edwards at LB, than a washed up Troy Vincent..

I thought that we were trying to get younger on defense. :confused:

At the right price, yes. But does he have more in the tank than T-Buck?? I could see either being signed or re-signed at the minimum.

Why is it that ever vet that is realesed we should be interested in.. Would he be useful, maybee, but of the Vet's out there.. I will take Donnie Edwards at LB, than a washed up Troy Vincent..

No one said they were interested in him. He was asking.

When Buffalo released him last year and Rodney was out and the FS spot wasn't looking that good they didn't pick him up. I thought they might then but because they didn't I cannot see him getting picked up here now.

Which of course means he will be........... :bricks:

When Buffalo released him last year and Rodney was out and the FS spot wasn't looking that good they didn't pick him up. I thought they might then but because they didn't I cannot see him getting picked up here now.

Which of course means he will be........... :bricks:

When Vincent was released last season, Rodney's prognosis for return from his shoulder injury was very good. And it's quite one thing to add a safety to your defensive system in the middle of the season, and another in the off season.

I think, considering the injury history the Pats have at safety, a veteran backup is more necessity than luxury. Someone Younger than Vincent would be nice, but you would have to trade accomplishment for youth. If BB doesn't see any hidden gems in this year's mid-level FA safety market, then Vincent may be the best option -- if he's not looking for $$$.

Evidently, in a cost-cutting move, Washington released Troy Vincent. The Redskins will save about $1.3 million--no all that much. Could he be usful to us?

i dont think we nee another over 30 year old injury prone safety

When Vincent was released last season, Rodney's prognosis for return from his shoulder injury was very good. And it's quite one thing to add a safety to your defensive system in the middle of the season, and another in the off season.

You have a point about the in/out season I still thought with Wilson out they would make a move like that and Vincent has by all accounts is a very bright guy and he's been around for a long time so I think he could pick it up quicker than most.

A fair question, Vincent has reached the stage of his career where he's more of a stop-gap measure for teams looking for short term experience and depth. This is not the time of year to invest in a Vincent with the Draft and the start Free Agency available to shop for younger, long term talent. We should be hoping that Vincent is never signed here, it would mean the Pats have just suffered another string of disappointing injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes