PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Safeties Darren Sharper and Renaldo Hill Coming In For Workouts Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see Sharper in our defensive backfield. Could use a veteran playmaker like him.

What, Joey Browner and Chuck Cecil weren't available? :D

Reiss notes that Brown got some 1st team reps over Meriweather today. Read as much or little into that as you will. It probably means very little.

Re: Sharper and Hill Coming in Too

I don't see either of these as potential replacements for Meriweather.

Maybe a depth signing, but still not all that keen on either.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I don't think either of these players would be signed as a replacement for Meriweather. On the contrary, I could see James Sanders being gone if we sign another safety. His price tag is a little high compared to his role.

Sharper was an absolute beast in 09 and one of the main reasons the Saints ultimately won the superbowl. If he can give even 75% of what he gave that year he's worth bringing in. At the very least we won't see him whiff on as many tackles as meriweather.

I agree hope we don't lose him. Sharper has lost a step, but has the same step from 2009. He's not that old from that 2009 season. We think he has 2-3 years left in him, he reminds me of the Ray lewis of safeties. He's in amazing condition, and gentlemen watch you ladies if you get him. He loves the ladies.
I think he runs a 4.46 now.
His pluses are:
1. Hes a QB in the secondary. If he can't stop the pass he has the other CB where they are suppose to be. He single handed created porter and harper, and elevated greers game. he's intelligent enough to change coverage and man to man on the fly.

2. If he's not 1st string, he's a hell of a backup if someone goes down, he can play S,SS, and CB.

3. Sharper will get penalized. He is a hitter. IF you catch the ball, shaper will knock you out, he doesn't care. I saw this as a plus because R.wayne, missed the the last pass because sharper was clocking him in the SB either, Wayne I think was was looking for the hit, and dropped a perfectly thrown ball by PM.

4. He a great team mate and will teach your secondary to be better in a short period of time.

5. he's cheap :)

Sharpers minus:

1. He can't open field tackle well, he hits like he hits receivers , to knock them out, but that doesn't work on RB's. He usually bounces off.

2. Hes a little older so can't play 16 games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back