PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Safe to say Lynch and Flynn/Welbourne not coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffbiologist

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
OK, I admit to doing anything at this point to get a post up that isnt QB related.....there are now 9 PAGES in the last 2 days! So, no word on those 2, anyone surprised?

As you said, most discussions are about QB's.

No, it's not safe to say that. Neither are signed with another team, until then I expect Belichick will make the best decision for the team. Who knows, maybe we'll lose 3 safeties this next game!

I was a little disappointed in Lynch, although his main weakness is speed and on Sunday our main secondary weakness was speed, so it might be just as well.

I'm just curious if when Brady went down he stopped being so enthusiastic about playing for the Patriots. If it was true that him and BB had a verbal agreement to resign in week 2 because of money issues he could easily just take a walk now.

It depends in part on how many roster spots total are taken up by QBs. :D

Usually today roster moves are announced, so we will know by 11..

Lynch there is a chance, but Welbourn is done

I think they are firmly on the shadow roster. The team has just had a couple of other issues to deal with this week. If there's an injury in the secondary or on the O-line, I am sure these guys will get the first call(s).

Tuesday/Wednesday are usually the days of early week roster moves...so they can get players in for the Wed practice..(Tues day off)...and if there are any others because of late injuries, (Fri/Sat) usually PSquad activations.. There's a lot going on I am sure behind the scenes...so I would not be surprised if either will return this week or next...right now it's looking at the Jets and who best to take them on. Were there any other injuries? I did not hear of any, but with the Brady injury overshadowing all..there may have been some minor ones.

I was a little disappointed in Lynch, although his main weakness is speed and on Sunday our main secondary weakness was speed, so it might be just as well.

I'm just curious if when Brady went down he stopped being so enthusiastic about playing for the Patriots. If it was true that him and BB had a verbal agreement to resign in week 2 because of money issues he could easily just take a walk now.

It was never more than media speculation that BB had a verbal agreement with anyone because of money. The media take now has shifted to Lynch as well as Seau simply being at the top of the rolodex in the event of injuries or poor performance at their respective positions. In other words, shadow roster. That is likely how Simms and Rattay(along with a bevy of WR's) turned up here on Sunday - they had been invited in before Brady was injured. This team routinely keeps an eye on cuts and updates Pioli's file on available bodies regularly throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes