PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Safe picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Who in the 2008 NFL draft do you consider to be the most likely to fufill their potential and become solid proffessionals?
My picks are Rashard Mendenhall and Red Bryant and I be happy if the Pats ended up with either of them.

Who in the 2008 NFL draft do you consider to be the most likely to fufill their potential and become solid proffessionals?
My picks are Rashard Mendenhall and Red Bryant and I be happy if the Pats ended up with either of them.

Jake Long. Glenn Dorsey. Chris Long.

Or did you mean people we have the chance to draft?

Felix Jones. Vernon Gholston. Andre Caldwell. Brandon Albert. Cliff Avril. Erin Henderson. Aqib Talib. Antoine Cason. Keith Rivers.

I think all these guys are all safe bets to have very good NFL careers. I don't know if they'll all live up to their lofty draft status, but they'll all be good players for many years.

Brandon Flowers. I follow VT almost religiously and he was more effective than D. Hall. He would give up a few catches a game, but they were always in front of him and he would make them pay. It is incredible how much impact he makes with some of his tackles given his size. He is safe in that no team will be disappointed with his play on the field. I never thought he had a bad game. I would be surprised if he is not as good as Asante Samuel, with better run support.

Jake Long. Glenn Dorsey. Chris Long.

Or did you mean people we have the chance to draft?

Felix Jones. Vernon Gholston. Andre Caldwell. Brandon Albert. Cliff Avril. Erin Henderson. Aqib Talib. Antoine Cason. Keith Rivers.

I think all these guys are all safe bets to have very good NFL careers. I don't know if they'll all live up to their lofty draft status, but they'll all be good players for many years.
Big red flag on Rivers. They say he is not the brightest and will have a hard time learning a play book. Now think BB play book!
DW Toys

i dont consider Chris Long a safe pick if we put him @ 3-4 OLB. Those picks are never "safe picks" because the transition but he played DE in a 3-4 in college..

Talib is not getting love from either Pro Football Weekly or The Sporting News draft guides. Both call him a player who hasn't played up to his measurables and not very coachable.

Talib is not getting love from either Pro Football Weekly or The Sporting News draft guides. Both call him a player who hasn't played up to his measurables and not very coachable.

NFLDraftScout says much the same.
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Bit of a high-maintenance type and will need a firm hand from hard coaching to get the best out of his impressive ability (will respond when challenged)[/SIZE][/FONT]

chris long i think he will give any team 60 plus TK 8 plus SACKS a yer for the next 10 plus yers

NFLDraftScout says much the same.
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Bit of a high-maintenance type and will need a firm hand from hard coaching to get the best out of his impressive ability (will respond when challenged)[/SIZE][/FONT]

I don't at all see Talib as a safe pick.

On a side note regarding CB's, Brandon Flowers was saying he actually tries to pattern his physicality after Rodney Harrison. The only problem is that Flowers isn't Rodney's size, and he plays CB, but I still loved hearing that from him.

DE/OLB Avril, and CBs Cason and Flowers are in my top third of Pats prospects. They're solid football players.

Big red flag on Rivers. They say he is not the brightest and will have a hard time learning a play book. Now think BB play book!
DW Toys

I wasn't suggesting all these guys were going to excel in Foxborough, but they are all going to have fine NFL careers. Rivers will be a Pro Bowl linebacker somewhere.

Cromartie is also getting potential bust comments from some draft magazines and sites.

Cromartie is also getting potential bust comments from some sraft magazines and sites.

As he should. DRC seems like he could be a stud in the making, but at the same time you can see the potential bust factor. The simple fact that he's light weight could be a problem in the NFL, as some of the thinner CB's and WR's often have injury problems. Then you throw in his lack of experience against top level competition, and it becomes very understandable for someone to say he's not a safe pick.

I personally think he could be a good CB, but I'm not sure if he'll be on Antonio's level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back