Welcome to PatsFans.com

Saddam collected information on dozens of potential targets in Israel

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Mar 23, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +558 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/967043.html

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How do you suppose that would've played out in the region?
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +558 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Would have been ugly ... even the more moderate Islamic countries would have been drawn into the fray. No winner either way regardless of who attacked who. World War III ... not quite but really darn close depending on interruption of oil of course.
  5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Indeed. And then there's China--as you just posted, they'd protect their oil interests.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Who cares? I'm more concerned about North America, the economy, and what the Pats will do with the 7th pick.

Israel will eventually have to do something about their own security. If they want to continue as a cat in a dogpound, they need to become a big, bad cat.
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

They are a pretty big bad cat. They just try to restrain themselves because we keep telling them to.

And the economy would surely take a major hit if WWIII broke out in the mid east because every Arab nation attacked Israel.
  8. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Probably a major reason why we invaded Iraq. Next up: Iran.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -23

Not so much a criticism of you, but find it funny when we talk of things like WWIII in terms of economy, not in terms of human lives..
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well, I had one of those brain freeze moments, and my fingers and head weren't communicating well. I was trying to make two separate points and sort of 'combinationed' them (to coin or borrow a phrase, lol).

Even if WWIII didn't break out and it stayed a regional conflict, it would be a disaster for the global economy, which in some ways might be worse than the lives lost, at least for those left.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

WAR And What It Does:
    Young boys all over America were doing this, in the month of November 1941 my friends and myself had just hopped a "Coal Car" on a freight train that had crossed over Mass Ave at MIT headed for the Train Yards in Brighton, we would all sit on the Coal Load and push the Coal off the train to fall on the tracks below then as we approached the Trestle that crosses the Charles River at the BU Bridge,
    (cottage farm bridge then) we would jump off the train and take our push carts and burlap bags that we had left at the Trestle and we would walk all the way back to Mass Ave picking up the coal as went to bring home to our parents who were freezing to death in the tenements.

We only had electricity from dark until we went to bed (we had to steal it), my Father would go out into the hallway of the three decker and plug an extention cord into the "hall light", we would have electricity until we went to bed, in the winter we had an orange crate nailed to the outside of the kitchen window to keep our frozen bologna in, the crate was usually empty.

On the evening of December 7th we were all standing on a street corner talking about the "big news" the Japs had bombed someplace called "Pearl Harbor" Japan had "sneak attacked" America.
    The next day the busses & subways were full of young men heading for the recruitment centers to
    "join up"

In the month of January 1942 my parents started to have food in the house, my Father went to work in the Watertown Arsenal, I was 14, I went to work on a Horse & Wagon delivering Ice & Oil, I was actually "making money" I didn't have to Steal Coal or Break Into Warehouses anymore and 1941 was the last time in my life I stole a Xmas Tree and had to lie to my Mother when she asked me where I got it.

When the Japs Bombed Pearl Harbor we finally started to eat normal and we went to bed warm.

I still believe in a Supreme Being but sometimes I think Patters is right, if there is an ever loving God he sure does some strange sh!t, thousands and thousands of young men died in that war but I didn't have to go out anymore at 11 PM, break into a meat packing plant and steal a ham so my Mother would have something to eat.

I think at times that Governments welcome WAR, it "Culls The herd" "Puts People To Work" and it builds the Economy that the Scummy politicians have destroyed.

Politicians Are The World Vilest Filthiest Creatures, May Their Bowels Rot Within Their Maggot Infested
    F-cking Frames.

:bricks:
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -23

Absolutely great post, that is why war is not the answer..
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

The very scary thing about war today is "the weapons" thousands and thousands maybe millions can die in a matter of minutes, we humans are going insane and we are hell bent on killing everything that moves.

Your right 15, war is not the answer, a couple of years after we rode those freight cars 10 of those kids I stole coal with were dead killed in that war.

Iraq
    I was all for this war when it started, I wanted "revenge" for 9/11, what happened, it all turned to sh!t, 5 years and they are still dying, what happens if we leave, what happens if we stay, who's right, who's wrong, we can figure out how many inches it is to the planet Jupiter, we invented the Internet and Space Stations but we can't learn how to stop killing each other.

I do have a solution but I don't think "the big shots" would go along with it, the Leaders of country's that are close to waging war should dress their leaders all up in Brooks Brothers Suits, give them each a brand hew "Buck Knife" then put them in Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park and let them Kill each other, then we could all go home and watch TV.

:bricks:
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I don't think Israel should give a rats azz about our economy.
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

We care about our economy though. That's why every single administration does it's best to keep Israel on a fairly tight leash.

Are you doing this on purpose?

;)