PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad News: Mosi Tatupu, dead at 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Mosi.. You'll be missed.

My sincerest condolences to Lofa and the rest of Mosi's family. :(

RIP Mosi you died far too young, you were the best.

Mosi brought a lot of happiness to New Englanders. That alone is a fitting epitath of a life well lived.

... and of course, who can forget his additional moment of fame in the Simpsons:

"The blue-haired woman will make a good sacrifice."

Last edited:
You could say that "Mosi's Mooses" was to the 1970s and 1980s what "Full Tilt Full Time" is to today. Tatupu achieved cult status in Foxborough and enjoyed an atypical long career for someone who played occasional fullback and special teams. While guys like Cunningham, Collins and James got all the props, Tatupu hung on for many years and gave the Patriots solid role player service. When someone is with a team for 13 years, that says a lot.

Lord bless his family, he was a beloved Patriot and will be sorely missed by all who saw him play.

Bob G

The Patriot family has lost a great one. RIP, Mosi.

Respect to his memory and his family.
RIP

Really sorry to hear about Mosi. He was a football player in ever sense of the word.
Always thought it was really cool how he stayed in the area and taught kids.
RIP Mosi

Sad news indeed...Mosi R.I.P. He is one of my all time favorites.

I would love to see the ol' "Mosi's Mooses" banner hanging in the end zone
this season as a way to honor him.

RIP Mosi U'll be missed as a All Time Patriot.

Okay, wait a minute, I've calmed down. If you thought I was saying God should have mercy on him because he was a bad guy or something, that was not my intent at all. I just wrote the first "Rest in Peace"-type phrase that came into my head. This was a misunderstanding on my part, I did not mean to cause any offense, nor do I want to start anything to distract from the true purpose of this thread, which is to pay tribute to this great player and great person who has left us way too young. So let's just forget my post above.

I didn't take it that way. May God have mercy on Mosi's soul, a man a great character

Last night I finally got around to reading the March issue of Patriots Football Weekly, which featured a nice article about the memorial service the team held for Mosi. It really touched me and I wanted to make sure you all could see it as well:

Consider this story, which was one of dozens on display at his memorial service Feb. 28. A fellow by the name of Emmanuel McNeil, who played a single game as a Patriot back in 1989, felt it necessary to make the trip to Massachusetts from his home in Richmond, Va.

Having had such a modest past with the team and realizing that most in the room - even ones he knew from his brief time with the Patriots - likely didn't know who he was, he waited patiently for his turn to speak. Then McNeil began and it was soon evident the kind of person Tatupu was. McNeil's 9-year-old daughter passed away well after their playing days were over and he began a charity golf tournament in her honor. Tatupu made the trip to play in it every year, and he recruited several of his teammates to come along. All for a guy that he shared a locker room with for exactly one game many years ago.

Is that freakin' awesome or what? We could use more people like Mosi.

Last night I finally got around to reading the March issue of Patriots Football Weekly, which featured a nice article about the memorial service the team held for Mosi. It really touched me and I wanted to make sure you all could see it as well:

Is that freakin' awesome or what? We could use more people like Mosi.

Damned straight. There's a reason that so many fans were Mosi's Mooses. He was a gentleman, and a gentle man, and a GREAT football player.

It's somehow off-putting that this thread is rated 5 stars, given the title.

I wish I'd been a fan when he was around. Sounds like a cool cat. RIP.

It's somehow off-putting that this thread is rated 5 stars, given the title.

I wish I'd been a fan when he was around. Sounds like a cool cat. RIP.

He was a Tedy Bruschi style of player. Not the biggest talent but gave maximum effort and enthusiasm and was a fine guy. A definite fan favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back