PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad News: Mosi Tatupu, dead at 54

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotscpfc

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Former NFL player Mosi Tatupu, the father of Seahawks linebacker Lofa Tatupu, has died.

Mosi Tatupu was only 54.

Per the Honolulu Star Bulletin, the cause of death is currently not known. Tatupu reportedly had been suffering from high blood pressure and other health issues.

A native of Hawaii, Mosi Tatupu's 3,367 career rushing yards stood as a high-school record in the island state for 17 years. Tatupu played for the Patriots from 1978 through 1990, and he retired in 1991 after spending five games with the Rams.

Primarily a special-teams player at the NFL level, Tatupu rushed for 2,415 yards and 18 touchdowns. In 1983, he reached a career high of 578 yards.

Tatupu coached football after his retirement. At the time of his passing, he was the running backs coach at Curry College in Waltham, Massachusetts.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Tatupu's family, friends, colleagues, and former teammates..

RIP Mosi. Thoughts to Lofa.

Re: Sad News: Mosi Tatupu, dead at 54.

Fond memories of Mosi. Sorry to hear the news.

I wasn't one of Mosi's Mosses but I cheered him just as loud. A pure football player as ever played for the Pats. Rest in Peace. Mahalo.

Oh no! My first favorite player. RIP, Mosi

Very sad news, a memember of the 50 th anniversery team... Was not a mosi moose's member, but a fan none the less, prayers go out to his family...

Sad. May God know him as His own.

So shocking and so sad! Loved him when he played for the Pats and enjoyed watching him play outfield on fundrasing softball teams! Our condolences to the family.

Very sad news, really liked him as a player..

Last edited:

Mosi was one fun guy to root for....RIP.

Memories of the old Foxboro stadium and "Mosi's Mooses" sign in the end zone come flooding back....

Nicest athlete I've ever met. Amazing man. RIP. Best to his family. 54 is way to young to die.

Sad day. RIP Mosi.

very sad news..thoughts go out to Lofa and his family.

My memory of Mosi is not being able to pronounce his name right when I was really little. Used to call him Tapupu

condolences to his family a favorite of the fans here for his heart and effort. very Sad for him to pass so young.

Very sad to hear RIP Mosi.......

That's awful. He was one of my favorite Patriots players growing up. My dad got his autograph for me when I was a kid.

R.I.P

my thoughts and prayers to his family. god bless mosi rip.

Remember him playing in the Patriots All-Star charity basketball games a few years back.

Last edited:
RIP Mosi. You were one of the Patriots' finests.

He was one of the bright spots in some of the darker times for the Pats. Mosi!

RIP

One of my all time favorite Patriots! I still have his football card from the 1986 season. Shocked that a man so young would be gone. My sympathies to his family. RIP A Sad day indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes