PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SAD : Man missing after Bills game found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Man missing after Bills game located - City & Region - The Buffalo News

A 26-year-old Rochester-area man who went missing from Thursday night’s Buffalo Bills game was found dead near the stadium early this morning, authorities said.

The man was found face down in Smoke’s Creek near Shadow Lane.

Authorities said the man’s brother reported to law enforcement that the brother had been ejected from the game, apparently for being intoxicated, and that he couldn’t find him after the game.

Law enforcement were able to get a “ping” off the missing man’s cell phone to help locate him.

My condolences to his family. :(

Ironically the town of Foxboro has a class acition lawsuit pending against it and the police department due to placing folks in protective custody unlawfully because they were intoxicated but not incapacitated, a step that may have saved this young persons life if he was in fact "intoxicated but not incapacitated".

A controversy is brewing in Foxboro. A class action suit is growing. Concert goers claim officers violated their civil rights by placing them in protective custody just because it appeared they were drunk. The complaints date back to 2009 and could include as many as one thousand people. It includes several events such as Patriots’ games and concerts at Gillette stadium.

Last edited:
Very, very sad. My condolences to his family and friends. 26 is so young! 26 is too young.

Guys, if you are out with a friend who is so drunk they get themselves kicked out of a stadium, you better damn well make sure that someone is keeping an eye on them. This is why you don't go out drinking alone if there is any chance you may binge drink. If you are the least drunk person in your group of friends, it is your job to watch out for the most drunk.

Lessons to be learned here for all of us who like to imbibe to excess.

This one really hits home for me. I was at this game and somehow got separated from my brother leaving the stadium. Spent about two hours looking for him around RWS b/c his phone had died. Between all the drunk jugheads, aggressive cops, and late hour you never know what can happen.

For those of you that have been to Buffalo for a game you know how rural it is there, not unlike Gillette. Easy to stumble into the woods to take a leak, trip on a rock or root, and knock yourself in the head if intoxicated, especially after dark. It's easy to say better judgement should have been used, but it's just as easy to see how something like this can happen.

Last edited:
Stadiums need to have drinktanks for this kind of ****.

Ironically the town of Foxboro has a class acition lawsuit pending against it and the police department due to placing folks in protective custody unlawfully because they were intoxicated but not incapacitated, a step that may have saved this young persons life if he was in fact "intoxicated but not incapacitated".

A controversy is brewing in Foxboro. A class action suit is growing. Concert goers claim officers violated their civil rights by placing them in protective custody just because it appeared they were drunk. The complaints date back to 2009 and could include as many as one thousand people. It includes several events such as Patriots’ games and concerts at Gillette stadium.

How would you feel if the police told you they were going to lock you up for a few hours because you had a few drinks, even though you committed no crime nor were suspected of one?

That is terrible. My thoughts are with him and his family. So young too.:nooo::nooo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back