PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad About Branch? - Read This !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
brdmaverick said:
our losses this time around are by far the worst in the past five years

i've heard that before.

mgteich said:
What did Stallworth cost, a fourth? ....

A 4th ...
plus a linebacker (Simoneau).

Unless N'Awlins could have been snookered into taking Monty,
did we have a LB to burn?

The last time I had a legit favorite player, it was #59 Vincent Brown. After he got cut, I learned to love the laundry.

Infinsible said:
The Bills almost beat you. I repeat....the Bills almost beat you.

Translation...
.....................y'all suck.

The Steelers DID beat you. Repeat, the Steelers DID beat you.

Translation, the Patriots haven't lost yet. The Dolphins haven't won.

Wide Receiver this year is kinda similar to the Linebacker position last year.

We approached last years season knowing that Bruschi would be out but expecting Ted Johnson to step up as the vocal leader to keep the unit together. When TJ retired unexpectedly, we were left trying to fill the void with unknown's like Beisel and Brown, and it didn't work out so well until Tedy returned.

This year we knew Givens would be gone but expected to have Deion as the go to receiver, but with him unexpectedly gone we're left again scrambling to fill that void with unknowns like Gabriel and Jackson and Caldwell. As awesome as he is #80 can't do it all himself, at least one of those three has to step up and be consistent right away.

Two Eight said:
Wide Receiver this year is kinda similar to the Linebacker position last year.

We approached last years season knowing that Bruschi would be out but expecting Ted Johnson to step up as the vocal leader to keep the unit together. When TJ retired unexpectedly, we were left trying to fill the void with unknown's like Beisel and Brown, and it didn't work out so well until Tedy returned.

This year we knew Givens would be gone but expected to have Deion as the go to receiver, but with him unexpectedly gone we're left again scrambling to fill that void with unknowns like Gabriel and Jackson and Caldwell. As awesome as he is #80 can't do it all himself, at least one of those three has to step up and be consistent right away.

I think they will. Brady sort of hinted at it in his press conference today when he said 'the things those guys bring to the table' - I think he's already seeing good things out of them in practice - let's just see what happens.

I'm imagining what it would be like if we still had a lot of those guys around. It'd be like a freakin' all-star team.

Tunescribe said:
I'm imagining what it would be like if we still had a lot of those guys around. It'd be like a freakin' all-star team.

you wanna see an all-star team?

you should see the list of guys that replaced them.

it's unbelieveable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back