PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Sack the Vacc" Boston media should publish hotel and room number of Post "writer"

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I apologize to anyone here who, like me, can't stand it when a Red Sox item appears here in the forum, but I believe this issue transcends any particular sport or team and relates to the abuse of power in the media against the health and well-being of an innocent person trying to make a living.

This "tough guy" inciting the Yankee pitchers to hit Ortiz should be brought to the attention of the Major League Baseball Writers Association. He should be stripped of his credentials.

How would HE like it if, after what he wrote, the next time he's in Boston, the Herald published his hotel and room number so that someone can send HIM a message?

Brushing a player off the plate has been part of baseball forever. Schilling was advocating it during spring training. I don't see what the big deal is. If they hit Ortiz, he should suck it up and go to first base like players have been doing for 100 years.

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
Brushing a player off the plate has been part of baseball forever. Schilling was advocating it during spring training. I don't see what the big deal is. If they hit Ortiz, he should suck it up and go to first base like players have been doing for 100 years.

"Brushing a batter away" from the plate is one thing. "Dropping" him is another. This "man" supposedly works with words, he knows the difference between those two verbs. I notice today, a colleague at the same paper congratulates him for getting under Ortiz' skin. Would be interesting how this fat arsed "hero" reacted if someone were to incite others to intimidate him. He probably wouldn't think it so benign.

I actually think this Bozo did the Sox a favor...

though not intentionally. I think that Randy Johnson in particular, and the Yankess in general, are very proud players and they like to pretend that the Red Sox rivalry doesn't get to them (even though it obviously does - did you SEE that game last night?). Therefore, if they had any plans of going after Big Papi, or any one else on the Sox, there is no way they would do it now after this clown basically says it's the only way they can win. I didn't see any of Johnson's pitches go any where near Ortiz (of course, there weren't many going near the plate either :) ). Just my 2 cents. Go Sox; Go Pats!!

There's nothing wrong with hitting a batter in baseball. It's been a part of the game forever. Beaning him in the head is the only no-no.

PonyExpress said:
There's nothing wrong with hitting a batter in baseball. It's been a part of the game forever. Beaning him in the head is the only no-no.

Once again (since you obviously didn't understand my first response), let me remind you, the term Vaccaro used was "drop". In the NY/NJ area (especially to readers of the NY Post tabloid), "drop" has a meaning.

Last edited:
"I notice today, a colleague at the same paper congratulates him for getting under Ortiz' skin. "

HaHaHa! When did he get under Big Papi's skin? When he ran out Payfraud's error and reached first? When he easily looped a double off of Johnson on the first pitch (in his 3rd at-bat?) into left center to officially break his hitting slump? When he chugged home from second and somehow scored on a sure out on an off-the-mark throw by Matsui? Wow, New York sports writers are more delusional than Boston ones!

drop means give him some chin music. That doesn't mean bean him. Have you been listening to WEEI or something? There's no story here that merits outrage.

PonyExpress said:
drop means give him some chin music. That doesn't mean bean him. Have you been listening to WEEI or something? There's no story here that merits outrage.

God, do you need someone to draw you a diagram? "Brush back" is to give chin music. "Drop" is what Tony Soprano does to enemies.

Remember it is a NY tabloid. Are you posting from Davenport, Iowa?

shmessy said:
God, do you need someone to draw you a diagram? "Brush back" is to give chin music. "Drop" is what Tony Soprano does to enemies.

Remember it is a NY tabloid. Are you posting from Davenport, Iowa?
you need to take a chill pill.

PatsDeb said:
"I notice today, a colleague at the same paper congratulates him for getting under Ortiz' skin. "

HaHaHa! When did he get under Big Papi's skin? When he ran out Payfraud's error and reached first? When he easily looped a double off of Johnson on the first pitch (in his 3rd at-bat?) into left center to officially break his hitting slump? When he chugged home from second and somehow scored on a sure out on an off-the-mark throw by Matsui? Wow, New York sports writers are more delusional than Boston ones!

Delusional is true! Here's the link to this incredible article - - kind of like Mayorga taunting De La Hoya AFTER last week's destruction!

http://www.nypost.com/sports/65788.htm

PonyExpress said:
you need to take a chill pill.

I'll take that as "Gee, Shmess, my argument was bogus, so I'll just lob "take a chill pill" out there.

Last edited:
I found that article disgusting and typical NY trash. Glad to see Papi and Schilling tell off the NY media and this piece of chit.

I wonder if this was an attempt to fire up Beckett into plunking a Stinkee and getting thrown out rather than really hitting Papi.

Regardless, it despicable of a reporter to suggest "dropping" any player. It's also despicable for any reporter to insert himself into a story. Stinks of Shaugnessy.

shmessy said:
OK, I apologize to anyone here who, like me, can't stand it when a Red Sox item appears here in the forum, but I believe this issue transcends any particular sport or team and relates to the abuse of power in the media against the health and well-being of an innocent person trying to make a living.

This "tough guy" inciting the Yankee pitchers to hit Ortiz should be brought to the attention of the Major League Baseball Writers Association. He should be stripped of his credentials.

How would HE like it if, after what he wrote, the next time he's in Boston, the Herald published his hotel and room number so that someone can send HIM a message?

I saw this yesterday and was appalled at the thought that a REPORTER would suggest this. I also would have been just as upset if a Boston paper had suggested the same thing be done to a Yankee. The announcers said during the game last night that Ortiz has 21 homeruns against the Yankees in the time he has been with Boston. And this is how NY wants to react to a player that has had great sucess against them......If you can't beat him, BEAN him?

Bill's Girl said:
I saw this yesterday and was appalled at the thought that a REPORTER would suggest this. I also would have been just as upset if a Boston paper had suggested the same thing be done to a Yankee. The announcers said during the game last night that Ortiz has 21 homeruns against the Yankees in the time he has been with Boston. And this is how NY wants to react to a player that has had great sucess against them......If you can't beat him, BEAN him?

Right. It's easy to be a tough guy behind a keyboard inciting ballplayers to intimidate others ballplayers.

Poetic justice would be for someone to request his brethren to intimidate him.

shmessy said:
Right. It's easy to be a tough guy behind a keyboard inciting ballplayers to intimidate others ballplayers.

Poetic justice would be for someone to request his brethren to intimidate him.

I hear Ron Borges has a mean right hook! ;)

Bill's Girl said:
I hear Ron Borges has a mean right hook! ;)

Bogus is only capable of "stealing his lunch money."

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back