PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sabol's Shot: The Patriot way

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL Videos: Sabol's Shot: The Patriot way

of course this was followed yesterday by michael irvin bluntly claiming that Bb will never ever win a SB again ...

NFL films blows my mindhole! They make EVERYTHING exciting. Imagine if they produced and edited THEN broadcast the games all year? We'd all be on meds!

Steve Sabol has done such a great job with NFL Films. Just a great sense of what needs to be included to make a production work.

As for Irvin, I don't see myself looking to his insight in assessing a head coach's potential for success. He is not one of the world's great thinkers.

Last edited:
NFL films usually does a very good job. Although I thought they downplayed Moss' recent production a bit, the final scene, with Moss walking off the feild followed by cameramen at twightlight was a very nice touch.

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

I love NFL Films, I think they should be in the Hall of Fame! Done alot for the sport!

Sabol is fantastic :)

of course this was followed yesterday by michael irvin bluntly claiming that Bb will never ever win a SB again ...

Michael Irvins burnt off a lot of brain cells over the years, hes not playing with a head full of gray matter.

I wish I watched that before the game :D

Steve Sabol has done such a great job with NFL Films. Just a great sense of what needs to be included to make a production work.

As for Irvin, I don't see myself looking to his insight in assessing a head coach's potential for success. He is not one of the world's great thinkers.

irvin is a bit embarrassed because he stated that randy moss meant so much to the pats and that the pats wouldn't be the same. Randy moss is a HOFer like he is so when the pats keep winning without a star WR it upsets him.

Did you notice that on the last played shown Moss was clotheslined--he was held up so that the other DBs and LBs could hit hit. Dirty play just like the Dolphins used to do.

Merriweather gave the Ravens a bit of their own medicine. To hell with the Ravens; I hope that BB has shown the league how to stop the Ravens; clobber the in-cuts.

Steve Sabol has filmed and covered the NFL for 50 years. He knows what it takes to be a championship team. And, he knows BB can deliver the goods. May not win it this year. But, R.Moss wasn't going to help us win it this year anyway.

The loudmouths on the pre-game shows make me not watch their programs. That would be Irvin, D. Sanders, C. Carter and the Sharpe Brothers. All loudmouth wr's who don't follow the rest of the game. As everyone knows, the further you lineup from the football. The less it is football. And, each one of those clowns keep proving that point.

one exchange hilarious yesterday when irvin kept saying they won the SB's by 3 pts and faulk said "they won didnt they ?" or something like that

irvin isnt consistent too...i remember him criticizing moss when he said he doesnt run routes,TO runs routes and now he says who needs randy to run routes etc..:)

Michael Irvin's mashed potatoes...

00009hgb

I'll always remember as a kid watching NFL films with Steve Sabol and his dad Ed, with the great John Facenda as the narrator...one of the best TV shows of all time...one of the big reasons I fell in love with football at such an early age.

I'll always remember as a kid watching NFL films with Steve Sabol and his dad Ed, with the great John Facenda as the narrator...one of the best TV shows of all time...one of the big reasons I fell in love with football at such an early age.

here's one great example...still gives me chills...
YouTube - Vince Lombardi

I feel bad for Moss.

NFL films has been and always will be the caretaker of the history of the NFL and it's greatness.

Thanks for posting !!

Thanks for posting that.

Is anyone else struck by the contrast between Moss and Branch after seeing this, as well as Branch's presser? I realize a lot of people are still pissed at Branch for his holdout, but one thing he is NOT is a diva.

I am a huge fan of Moss and I know Brady and BB loved him (for most of the time he was here) but team chemistry is everything and at this point I don't think you can put Moss and "the Patriot Way" in the same sentence.

Thanks for posting that segment.

I'm sure you all noticed included in the clips of Moss as a Patriot was a replay of Brady's last pass to Moss in SB 42. I have always avoided rewatching that game and have no plans to ever watch it, but I couldn't help noticing what I didn't see at the time (that fateful night, I was on the other side of the room, having lost my spot on the couch at a SB party): that had Moss elevated for the ball, he probably would have caught it. Brady actually put it right to him. So I didn't realize how close that pass was.

Wow.

Moss makes that catch, Pats either score a TD or kick a field goal and game goes to OT. Unlikely the G-men get another "luckiest catch ever" in OT. Some may say that Moss was doing his standard ploy of not raising his hands because it would tip off the DBs covering him. I say, he raises his hands and goes for the ball, he catches it.

This isn't exactly news, I realize. I've just never had the stomach to watch that game again. I love what Moss did with the Pats and I'm not trying to make him the scapegoat for SB 42, but it sure looks like he gave up on that pivotal play.

Can't wait to get out of class and watch this. NFL films amazes me every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down