PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saban losing respect of team

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddylove75

Rookie
Reaction score
On top of the Zach Thomas/Jason Taylor issue this is going on, maybe it's the same old dolphins after all.

SABAN'S TIPTOEING WITH WRIGHT RAISING EYEBROWS

Just as Bill Parcells' ****yfooting with receiver Terrell Owens has caused some league insiders to conclude the the Tuna has gone soft, we're hearing that some of the guys in the Miami locker room are starting to question whether the Nicktator has turned Milquetoaster as to defensive tackle Manny Wright.

Coach Saban, we're told, is losing respect among the troops for his perceived coddling of Wright, who is absent from the team due to clinical depression.

Perhaps sensitive to the perception that he's being too lenient, Saban lashed out at the media on Wednesday for suggesting that a Tuesday night meeting between Saban and Wright might have set the stage for a return.

"When we have medical issues of players, they are confidential," Saban said on Wednesday. "You get this information from other sources. I don't really think that's good for our club, but it's mostly inaccurate. The judgments that you make from the information that you get is totally inaccurate. It's wrong. It is what it is. Because I had a meeting with the guy doesn’t mean anything. Does it? It's headlines in the paper today because you are drawing a conclusion to something that you know nothing about – nothing. It's bad for our team. It's bad for our fans because they get misinformation. I don't think it says a lot about professionalism either."

The problem is one of the reports, from Alex Marvez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, was based on comments from Wright's agent, Peter Schaffer, which strongly suggest that progress toward a return was being made: "We're trying to find a way to get all the parties on the same page," Schaffer told Marvez. "The Dolphins are bending over backward in trying to help Manny out. I think Manny has turned the corner in terms of getting back on his feet and getting ready to play football and moving on with his life."

Our guess? Saban is trying hard to work this out without having to cut Wright free, but Saban is conscious of the possibility that the locker room will eventually wonder why he's going to such lengths to salvage a supplemental fifth-round draft pick.

With Owens and Parcells, we can understand why the Tuna would be inclined to be tolerant. If healthy, happy, and motivated, T.O. is one of the most effective players in the NFL.

Wright isn't, hasn't been, won't be.

First of all, it's PFT which is by far the worst place to find info on the NFL. It's all rumors and lies.

Secondly, Saban has handeled the Wright situation perfectly. The Fins would not get any value for Wright and would essecentially just be wasting a 5th round pick.

Kudos to Saban for being understanding but also hard nosed on this situation.

what are you talking about? PFT is the most reliable news site on the internet. :)

They are never wrong, they are always 100% right.

Saban is going soft. :D

YouNoob said:
what are you talking about? PFT is the most reliable news site on the internet. :)

They are never wrong, they are always 100% right.

Saban is going soft. :D

Never heard of the guy and don't care who he is...but if his "problem" is clinical depression and he isn't just a jerk using it as an excuse I don't see whats wrong with how Saban is handling it. Now if there is more to the story then its a bunch of crap...but if the guy has legit issues and they are an excuse or self induced then give the guy a break.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
First of all, it's PFT which is by far the best place to find info on the NFL. It's all true

Secondly, Saban is my hero and your making me very mad.i want you to take back everything bad you said about him now or ill tell the moderator.i know what its like to be depressed because i am .i wake up everyday and ask myself why not jump of a bridge today.i look in the mirror and i make myself sick .why why why do i feel the need to dress up like a women ?why cant i stop.somebody please help me .go patriots.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Aqua4Ever04 said:
First of all, it's PFT which is by far the worst place to find info on the NFL. It's all rumors and lies.

PFT has tons of inside league sources, and gets info and stories long before other media outlets - who often "steal" the story.

Last year Saban had nothing to lose during that first season playing in the same division as the SB champs since most had low expectations. Now it seems the popular pick is to say Miami is going to win the division and everybody has high expectations for the team. Maybe a little crack from the pressure here ?:rolleyes:

I could care less what PFT writes in their "Rumor Mill" when it comes to Saban.....

You guys buying this garbage, are highly underestimating Nick Saban in my opinion. Using the words "soft" and "Saban" in the same sentence, is laughable in it's conception....

pats1 said:
PFT has tons of inside league sources, and gets info and stories long before other media outlets - who often "steal" the story.

I can't count how many flase stories I have read from PFT. Whenever someone posts a link from PFT over at Finheaven, they get flammed because no one wants to read a "RUMOR."

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I can't count how many flase stories I have read from PFT. Whenever someone posts a link from PFT over at Finheaven, they get flammed because no one wants to read a "RUMOR."
There have been false stories but they do get true stories and reports and are the first to post them. Recently PFT I swear posted Leinart would sign with the Cards first of anybody. I looked at a ton of different links and they didnt post anything till 2 hours later. So...;)

didnt jethro tull do a song called aquagay?sitting on the park bench. eyeing little boys with bad intent .hey aquagay .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes