PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

S.I. article on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: S.I article on Brady

Interesting that when asked about WR the first thing he mentioned was that he liked Tate a lot.

There are things there we haven't seen.

It seems he mentioned "commitment" and "accepting coaching", in various phrasings, multiple times.

Of course, that's consistent with all the other comments we've heard about chemistry/locker room.

Good article, how long until training camp???

Last edited:
Its still a shame that after all these years, he seems he does not get enough credit, the mannings, rivers, brees, seem to gather all the headlines last year, while he only put up his second best carrer year, playing on a inj leg, broken finger, and a bum shoulder...

And Ben Raplistburgher, can only dream about being as classy and dedicated as Tom Brady

Interesting that when asked about WR the first thing he mentioned was that he liked Tate a lot.

There are things there we haven't seen.

Tate is somewhat a key player. If he can stay healthy, he can stretch the field like Stallworth did with his speed.

He also mentions Patten helping. Yeah, hes old, but Patten always had sure hands when he played with Brady.

Moss
Edleman
Holt
Patten
Tate
Price

Welker on PUP and when he returns, Price to practice squad unless something unforseen happens.

Adios, Aiken and Stanback.

That jumped out to me, too. With all due respect to Mr Kraft, it means a lot more coming from Brady. The importance of a receiver being "liked" by Brady has been talked about a lot here; and we all know t's not a personal thing, but a matter of running the right routes the right way and making the right adjustments.

Tate is somewhat a key player. If he can stay healthy, he can stretch the field like Stallworth did with his speed.

He also mentions Patten helping. Yeah, hes old, but Patten always had sure hands when he played with Brady.

Moss
Edleman
Holt
Patten
Tate
Price

Welker on PUP and when he returns, Price to practice squad unless something unforseen happens.

Aiken is too valuable on special teams, and has a 3 year deal... Stanback, yeah he could get cut.. Price I dont think can go to the practice squad, if once he is active...

Its still a shame that after all these years, he seems he does not get enough credit, the mannings, rivers, brees, seem to gather all the headlines last year, while he only put up his second best carrer year, playing on a inj leg, broken finger, and a bum shoulder...

And Ben Raplistburgher, can only dream about being as classy and dedicated as Tom Brady

No offense, but I think Brady gets plenty of credit. You can argue against any QB other than Manning, he gets God status above anyone. Last year, at least Brees and Manning deserved more of the headlines since both had spectacular years and we leading undefeated teams in late November and both went to the Super Bowl with Brees winning it. You have a hard time arguing that Brady deserved more pub last year than either Manning or Brees.

As for Brady's year last year, it was statistically his second best year, but I think Brady himself would agree that it wasn't really his second best year. I think some of his best years are his lower statical games.

I love Brady and I think he will go down in history as one of the all time bests, but I didn't think he played like one of the elite QBs last year.He was up there, but guys like Brees and Manning were a step above him last year.

Last edited:

Aiken is too valuable on special teams, and has a 3 year deal... Stanback, yeah he could get cut.. Price I dont think can go to the practice squad, if once he is active...

Aiken brings virtually nothing to the passing game.

He got no signing bonus in his paltry deal and NE saves $365,000 with him gone.

Moss
Edleman
Holt
Patten
Tate
Price

Price would need to go on the PS at the end of camp but as a relatively high 90th pick, he'd not make it past waivers as some team will be looking to fill a WR slot after training camp injuries.

I disagree. Brady is consistently treated like a future HOFer by the media; I assure you that there will be resentment all over the league that King gave two pages of MMQB to him. As for last year, P. Manning was leading his team to a possible 16--0 season until week 16; Brees won the SB and had a sweet NOLA story behind him. Brady got a lot of attention last year at the time of his return. During the season, he was playing very well statwise, but his team was, to any objective observer, inconsistent, so most of the headlines went elsewhere, as they should have.

And, Roethlisberger, unlike P. Manning, doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Brady.

Last edited:
I assure you that there will be resentment all over the league that King gave two pages of MMQB to him.

Yup. I can see that being the response across the league. We'll probably see two themes from opposing fans:
-- How can you uphold Brady as some kind of paragon of virtue (spygate, child out of wedlock)
-- Lots of silliness round the use of the word "bi-coastal." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yup. I can see that being the response across the league. We'll probably see two themes from opposing fans:
-- How can you uphold Brady as some kind of paragon of virtue (spygate, child out of wedlock)
-- Lots of silliness round the use of the word "bi-coastal." :rolleyes:

I think we can agree that saying he had a "child out of wedlock" implies something that doesn't fit here. He's been in 2 relationships in the past decade + and had a child with both of them, and takes care of both of them.

If having a child out of wedlock is such a problem Cromartie should receive a lifetime ban from the NFL.

I think we can agree that saying he had a "child out of wedlock" implies something that doesn't fit here. He's been in 2 relationships in the past decade + and had a child with both of them, and takes care of both of them.

Totally agree. But that won't stop some opposing fans from begrudging him and seeking out the cheap hit. If Brady played for another team some fans here just might do the same.

Price would need to go on the PS at the end of camp but as a relatively high 90th pick, he'd not make it past waivers as some team will be looking to fill a WR slot after training camp injuries.

Some team would pick Price up before he clears waiver. And I don't think the Pats would use a high draft pick on a player they have no intention on keeping at the very least to be a developmental player.

I don't see Patten making this team.

Where's the "Brady Isn't Committed Anymore" thread?

...Great piece. What a class act! The contrast with Roethlisberger and Jamarcus just makes me appreciate him all the more.

Absolutely. He's now past the halfway mark in his Patriot career. Tom Brady is a treasure we should cherish while we have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down