PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

S Brandon Meriweather, U Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With the ruckus over the brawl between FIU and Miami, Meriweather (who was implicated in the stomping incident) may slip in the draft due to "character" reasons. It's not the worst thing in the world to have a chippy/dirty safety. He could have been a 1st rd pick, but may slip to the end of the second. If the Pats have a shot at him in Rd 2., Meriweather is an option. Very good at covering the slot receiver, good instincts, good ball skills. Eugene Wilson has gotten torched this year by the likes of JP Losman trying to cover the slot. A playmaking safety would revive this secondary long term...

Last edited:
Apologies to "Urgent". Stupidly I didn't look at his earlier thread about the brawl, where the subject of Meriweather is covered. Wasn't aware of his previous "gun" involvement. If Ochmed says Meriweather can't cover than we'll have to look at him again. Ochmed studies this first hand... When Miami plays BC, that we'll be a good time to look at him...

Last edited:
I still stand by that evaluation. He is terrible in coverage. I think he lacks the instincts.
Doesn't mean he can't play in the NFL, it just means he has a flaw that needs smoothing out.
He is still a whale of safety and a tough nasty enforcer of the middle of the field.
In a lot of ways he is like Rodney was coming out of college, only with more speed.

Ochmed Jones said:
In a lot of ways he is like Rodney was coming out of college, only with more speed.

Maybe he'll take over Rodney's reign as the NFL's "Dirtiest Player"

Isn't Meriweather the player that was stomping on players that were down on the field during the brawl????

Off my board. That was positively Hainesworthian. No place for a thug here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes