Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ryan's scary economic proposals

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Tunescribe, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +460 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

2. woolster22

woolster22 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Something has to change. More importantly, is this a budget that cuts 4T out of the national dept, or a budget that merely adds 4T less over ten years? If the former, he should be lauded for at least getting the ball rolling. The latter (as I suspect) simply proves how broken and disconnected Washington really is. And to think this is one of the "best" plans to date (purely by the numbers...), it is frankly a joke and should be taken as a slap in the face.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

It adds 4T less that Obama is proposing and takes 10 years + to get to a balance. A modest proposal that freaks out the establishment.

We have unfunded liabilities of over 210 Trillion dollars this is almost 4 times the net worth of the country it is more than the net worth of the planet.

That is scary, the status quo is terrifying.

Of course the article linked in the OP ignores this.Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic as it head towards the iceberg.

Fiscal Gap Jumps to $211 TRILLION | Western Free Press

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

Always find it interesting that there was little concern about the 6 Trillion in unfunded liabilities for the crusade in Iraq... and the continued unfunded liabilities for the ongoing crusade into Afghanistan, and ironically 45% of returning vets are applying for permanent disability. Bush's gift to the american people, based on his neo con lies, is the gift that will keep on giving for the next 70years... Ryan voted for these wars.

Or the 21.4 Trillion in unfunded liablity for the Prescription Health Benefit, which Ryan voted for.

Then there is the TARP program, neever mind, Ryan voted for this also.

INOW there was very little concern for these unfunded liabilities, prior to Obama being elected..

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

The unfunded liability is TWO HUNDRED TRILLING PLUS, not 21 Trillion, you are only off by a factor of 10... :rolleyes:

Yup Ryan has made some bad votes of course dems voted for the prescription Drug benefit also. Obama voted for TARP then doubled down and stole GM from the bondholders and scre*ed 20,000 no union Delco employees out of their pensions.
  6. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

What it really means is that spending on everything still increases just at a lower rate. I.E: If dems want 10% increase in spending on education and repubs want an 8% increase, dems accuse repubs of "cutting" education.
    Another bullsh!t scare tactic they've used for ever.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

I take it adding as well as spelling were educational deficits for you...

BTW your beloved Paul Ryan also requested stimulus funds for his district..
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  8. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +106 / 22 / -12

#32 Jersey

Well, that does it.

I say we stick with Obamas plan.
  9. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 2 / -1

Does anybody know if Ryan has a good answer for why he doesn't propose cuts to military spending?

I'm curious to see how the ticket approaches this campaign. Will Ryan move towards Romney and the middle, as a lot of people are saying, so that they don't scare off would-be voters because of cuts to services? seems to me that's the wrong approach, but my own take -- that Ryan's value would be as a true fiscal conservative -- may be coloring my view.
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Not only does he not propose cuts - he and Romney propose adding to defense spending by $100 billion, or nearly 20%, in 2013.

As to why - I can only tell you what he's said himself:

“This budget funds defense at levels that keep America safe by providing $554 billion for the next fiscal year — $6.2 trillion over the next decade – for national defense spending, an amount that is consistent with America’s military goals and strategies.”

”Over the ten-year period covered by the budget resolution, this budget restores about half of the funding cut by the President and ensures that the defense budget grows in real terms in each year –providing adequate funding to maintain a robust end-strength and to address the years of forgone equipment modernization.”

and what his campaign has said:

“Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan both respect members of our military who sacrifice so much to defend our freedoms. They share the view that America’s leadership position in the world is based on a robust national defense, strengthened relationships with our allies and a philosophy of peace through strength.”

Read more: Ryan’s Hope: Don’t Cut Military Spending So Deeply | U.S. | TIME.com
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

How is it that with such an enormous budget that we cannot take care of the Veterans? The floor of the Veteran's building is buckling under the backlog of paperwork. Which brings up the question of why we are even using paper? My dad (WWII Vet) passed away last year and they say my mom will not get what is owed to her for at least 2 years. Apologies to Chico if I hijacked the link, but this is part of the problem.