PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan/Sanchez duo looking like Fisher/Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
On his radio show today Cowherd was saying that in practice yesterday,Ryan benched Sanchez in favor of 245 year old Mark Brunell in the Jets first team offense.

Whether this is just a move for a wake up call or more likely some implosion going on between the HC and starting QB remains to be seen.

Sanchez reportably was not happy about sitting out practice

Could be the beginning of a relationship in NY resembling the bad relationship between Jeff Fisher and Vince Young

How it's awesome to see implosion going on

I remember when some were thinking after 2 consecutive AFCCGs that Ryan and Sanchez might be an upcoming Coach/QB combo to take them to new heights....right now it looks like a divorce is more likely somewhere down the line.

Good for Rexy, even a blind man could tell that Dirty Sanchez is holding that team back, he has single handily lost them games and they'll continue to be nothing more than blowhards with him at the helm.

Good for Rexy, even a blind man could tell that Dirty Sanchez is holding that team back, he has single handily lost them games and they'll continue to be nothing more than blowhards with him at the helm.

I think one of them might have to go in a few years if the Jets fail to get to a SB...whether that is Sanchez or Ryan remains to be seen.......Ryan has been an embarrassment as a coach IMO,he is a defensive coordinator and nothing more.

That's not we want to hear, I just want Ryan to keep standing by Sanchez for years to come, at least until it costs him his job.

I think one of them might have to go in a few years if the Jets fail to get to a SB...whether that is Sanchez or Ryan remains to be seen.......Ryan has been an embarrassment as a coach IMO,he is a defensive coordinator and nothing more.

Why don't you think Rexy is a good coach? Rodney Harrison thinks he's a great one. He might run his mouth too much for my taste but he's taken the Jets from being a pathetic joke to being a real dangerous team. With a decent QB at the helm they'd be VERY tough to deal with.

I mean as much as my fellow pats fan I wish to see the jets go 0-16 every year............however from a football fan perspective hes holding that team back SO much its scary.

Fisher / Young???

yeah...OK....Murk does resemble Carrie Fisher in a slavish sort of way...

jabbatheryanandsanchez.jpg

and Blabbagutz DOES resemble Burt Young in a fashion...

Burt%20Young-ASG-008457.jpg

On his radio show today Cowherd was saying that in practice yesterday,Ryan benched Sanchez in favor of 245 year old Mark Brunell in the Jets first team offense.

Whether this is just a move for a wake up call or more likely some implosion going on between the HC and starting QB remains to be seen.

Could be the beginning of a relationship in NY resembling the bad relationship between Jeff Fisher and Vince Young

I remember when some were thinking after 2 consecutive AFCCGs that Ryan and Sanchez might be an upcoming Coach/QB combo to take them to new heights....right now it looks like a divorce is more likely somewhere down the line.

he did this last year to light a fire under mark's a z z and it seemed to work. Brunell used be quite a competitor, can't believe he's still in the nfl at age 41.

I was just slum surfing the gutter at JI and ran across this..."who does Mark Sanchez remind you of???"...after a few seconds of deep, reflective thought , I came up with the answer....

he's definitely the spazzed out little brother of Ryan...yup....he's Trembling Leaf

I put Ryan right up there in the Head Coach pantheon with Pete Carroll. Both have about the same level of ability, and the same level of political theater and underhandedness. I don't see either ever winning a Championship unless it's as an Assistant or Front Office position.

Well the way that the Jets are going. They won't be headed back to either the Championship game for a third time in a row. Or better yet and worse for them, the playoffs the way they are playing.

I was just slum surfing the gutter at JI and ran across this..."who does Mark Sanchez remind you of???"...after a few seconds of deep, reflective thought , I came up with the answer....

he's definitely the spazzed out little brother of Ryan...yup....he's Trembling Leaf

I had to check it out, lmao. a few more realistic quotes from that thread

a scared rabbit who needs to roll out not drop 10 yards straight back...

Keanu Reeves

a high school qb

Bobby Hebert. Mere adequacy interspersed with so many W-T-F moments.

Stephen Hawking

Last edited:
rex "mmm, hairy feet"

Last edited:
I just don't understand how anyone can consider Ryan a good coach, after what we've seen in the last ten years with BB. When is the last time he threw any Patriot QB under the bus, and let it be known publicly? Ryan's won how many SB's compared to BB, and Ryan's the guy everyone loves? He's funny, he's keeping the guys loose, he puts the attention on him, yada, yada, yada. HE'S WON NOTHING, WHEN COMPARED TO BILL. NOTHING.

And yet, because the media loves him, and the fact that Woody can't solve the PSL crisis, he will continue to ride/use Sanchez as an excuse for his failings.

Christmas came a few weeks earlier this year Pats fans.

I just don't understand how anyone can consider Ryan a good coach, after what we've seen in the last ten years with BB. When is the last time he threw any Patriot QB under the bus, and let it be known publicly? Ryan's won how many SB's compared to BB, and Ryan's the guy everyone loves? He's funny, he's keeping the guys loose, he puts the attention on him, yada, yada, yada. HE'S WON NOTHING, WHEN COMPARED TO BILL. NOTHING.

And yet, because the media loves him, and the fact that Woody can't solve the PSL crisis, he will continue to ride/use Sanchez as an excuse for his failings.

Christmas came a few weeks earlier this year Pats fans.
Different style of coaching doesn't necessarily mean poor or poorer coaching. Rex motivates and proclaims greatness through the media, BB doesn't.

BB is great because he's great. Not much else to be said.

Hmmm

topics_bobbyfischer_395.jpg

Mighty-Joe-Young-315x450.jpg

or (sp)

carl-jung-1-sized.jpg

Last edited:

... what? You can't have it both ways, here. Either Sanchez sucks or Ryan sucks, or even neither sucks, but it should be pretty obvious that they don't both suck. I'm not a fan of Rex's style, and I think he'll wear out his welcome in NYC very quickly if the losses keep piling up, but his track record over the past couple of years speaks for itself. He's a good coach.

... what? You can't have it both ways, here. Either Sanchez sucks or Ryan sucks, or even neither sucks, but it should be pretty obvious that they don't both suck. I'm not a fan of Rex's style, and I think he'll wear out his welcome in NYC very quickly if the losses keep piling up, but his track record over the past couple of years speaks for itself. He's a good coach.

Ryan is a brilliant defensive mind...he's only a mediocre head coach at best

The guy can get a defense to play and he can motivate to an extent,but when it comes to running the team as a whole unit and keeping the team focused on one goal? he's mid pack at best.

If the Jets don't win it all within the next 3 years,I don't see him being around in week 1 of 2014

It doesn't help his case with guaranteeing a SB win every year,it has to irritate Woody at least a little.

Last edited:
This is just another meaningless gesture by a HC who is running out of answers to the the festering sore that is the NJ Jets. I saw a report that said he already used this motivational technique on Sanchez before. Does he really think Sanchez takes this seriously the second time around? :rolleyes:

Ryan is the ultimate player's coach. They all love him....for a while. Then the players realize there isn't any substance behind the message anymore. They realize the "emperor has no clothes".

I knew he was in trouble when tried to motivate that serial malcontent, Santonio Holmes by making him a Captain. If that is what's leading the Jets, is it any wonder that they are at each other's throats, and throwing each other under the bus on a regular basis.

The window is closing on them. For 2 years now they've had more than their share of good fortune with injuries and things breaking right for them. There would be no way that the Jets could overcome what the Pats have gone through the last few weeks

I read a story in another thread where a player eloquently explained why BB is such a great motivator.....for the long run. Briefly he said that BB gives the guys confidence that their HC KNOWS what he's doing. Its a trust built over time when players have seen over and over the things BB has told them will happen, play out on the field.

Its not the fiery speeches. Its not cute techniques. It IS the confidence of knowing that your coach is going to give you what you need to win any game....if you DO YOUR JOB. That's the reason why BB has had such a long shelf life

I have a couple of thoughts. As others have pointed out, Rex has done this before. I wouldn't read too much into it. Also, Cowherd (when I'm bored enough to listen to him) seems to always try and stir up controversy by over simplifying/analyzing some topic. I guess that's the nature of sports talk radio, but Cowherd can really take it to another level.

As you mentioned, they've already gone to 2 AFCCG's so the two have already had success. Could this be a fork in the road for the two? It could, but I doubt it. Every QB struggles at some point, and clearly Sanchez isn't playing his best football. I wouldn't count them out this year just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes