PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Mallett trade rumors resurface, hours before draft begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't. That presupposes that other teams are going to make evaluations of a player based entirely upon Bill Belichick's evaluation of a player and the shaky assumption that Mallett has improved since he was drafted, when teams passed on him until the end of the 3rd round.
I didn't say that. Jesus. I just said that obviously something good has happened on the practice field and in the meeting room that gives Belichick confidence. Whether that gives other teams confidence is anyone's guess.

BTW the INT you refer to was a perfect pass that was dropped and bounced in the air so you made a strong point there.

:bricks:

I didn't say that. Jesus. I just said that obviously something good has happened on the practice field and in the meeting room that gives Belichick confidence. Whether that gives other teams confidence is anyone's guess.

BTW the INT you refer to was a perfect pass that was dropped and bounced in the air so you made a strong point there.

:bricks:

I don't know why on Earth I'd make the assumption you were talking about trading Ryan Mallett in a thread about trading Ryan Mallett.

Yeah, I admitted I was wrong on that. Regardless, that's literally Mallett's entire regular season tape besides taking a knee.

For one, the Cards were in a very bad slump at that point. For another, that team never got off the bus. It had been literally years since they had played a snow game. The Pats are nearly invinceable in them.

nice spin, they went down to miami and beat the eventual division winners by 20 would lead ... did the dolphins not get off the bus that day too?

your notion has no merit

nice spin, they went down to miami and beat the eventual division winners by 20 would lead ... did the dolphins not get off the bus that day too?

your notion has no merit

While I think the Patriots were hot at the right time that year and may have had a shot in the playoffs, a lot of that 11-5 record was playing one of the easiest schedules in history. The NFC and AFC West were really awful that year, and they struggled even against the mediocre teams in their own division.

That was also before the defense turned into the complete dumpster fire that it is now only beginning to recover from/

While I think the Patriots were hot at the right time that year and may have had a shot in the playoffs, a lot of that 11-5 record was playing one of the easiest schedules in history. The NFC and AFC West were really awful that year, and they struggled even against the mediocre teams in their own division.

That was also before the defense turned into the complete dumpster fire that it is now only beginning to recover from/

there's an echo in the room.......sounds like someone is spinning

This Trading Ryan Mallet talk has alot to do with Both with BB's and TB's influence and Coaching. Just think they made that POS QB Matt Cassel look like a NFL caliber QB. Matt Cassel has no where near the talent of Mallett have coming out. Mallet is a guy with upside potential who was basically carrying clipboard for Two years. I could see why a Team or Teams would be interested if he's available. If it was me I would keep him but if he can net a Second Rounder I wouldn't be against it either.

your notion has no merit

So, let me get this straight... you're denying that they were in a skid at the time and barely even showed up in the game when their own players admitted as much afterward? Naturally, you would know better right?

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2008/12/21/20081221cards-CR.html

That team hasn't been seen in awhile. The Cardinals have lost their past three games by an average of almost 30 points.

Mankins said:
"I don't know if they're built for these conditions," Patriots guard Logan Mankins said. "They're a deep-passing team, and they don't run the ball. We're a short-passing team, and we can run the ball, so I think that was in our favor.

"Arizona, they ain't getting any snow," he said. "Maybe a sandstorm or something, but no snowstorms."

When the Patriots went ahead 21-0 the game was over, Mankins said.

"You see the other team start to quit, and that's when you want a running clock in the second half," he said.

Adios.

I didn't read all nine pages of posts (I have a pretty good idea of what people said since there are ten other threads about this).

Let's be realistic, the Pats just aren't trading Mallet unless it's for a 3rd rounder or later. All of this buzz today must be coming from the Pats.

Curran's "source" says there has been no Mallett trade talks.

Source: No trade talks yet for Mallett | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

This is a classic swerve though. Odds are trade talks won't heat up until after the draft tonight and teams see what is left at the QB position. Unless Belichick packages a first (and possibly more picks) along with Mallett to trade up, I don't expect Mallett to get traded until at least tomorrow (assuming he gets traded).

There may never be trade talks for Mallett, but the fact that there haven't been any up to this point (assuming the source is telling the truth), really doesn't mean much.

i absolutely believe that Browns would be willing to give up there 2nd rounder for him

Well, I agree. The problem is that they don't have a 2nd round pick in this year's draft. So the asking price for Mallet might be the brown's 2014 1st. Which suits me fine as I think they will still be a bad team and we might get a top 10 pick out of it.

But what makes more sense is for the Browns to trade back in the 1st and get extra picks, then deal that 2nd rounder to the Pats. It's gonna be a during the draft move. Luckily the draft is today so we'll find out soon enough how badly the Browns want him.

I'm also curious who are the other bidders in this picture as it sounds like more than one team is sniffing around about Mallet. The appearance of other suitors might convince the Browns to pay the piper so to speak. Good news for the Pats since they need more draft picks!!

Well, I agree. The problem is that they don't have a 2nd round pick in this year's draft. So the asking price for Mallet might be the brown's 2014 1st. Which suits me fine as I think they will still be a bad team and we might get a top 10 pick out of it.

But what makes more sense is for the Browns to trade back in the 1st and get extra picks, then deal that 2nd rounder to the Pats. It's gonna be a during the draft move. Luckily the draft is today so we'll find out soon enough how badly the Browns want him.

I'm also curious who are the other bidders in this picture as it sounds like more than one team is sniffing around about Mallet. The appearance of other suitors might convince the Browns to pay the piper so to speak. Good news for the Pats since they need more draft picks!!

Tampa Bay was reported as enquiring when FA started.

Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, the Jets and Cleveland are the teams I saw being reported as showing interest.

rams looking to move up for tavon austin... hopefully they trade with the browns... giving them more ammo and more chance of trading for mallett

So, let me get this straight... you're denying that they were in a skid at the time and barely even showed up in the game when their own players admitted as much afterward? Naturally, you would know better right?

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2008/12/21/20081221cards-CR.html

Adios.

Quoting a portion of the article that makes it sound like the Cards were in a three game skid entering the Pats game, despite only having one consecutive loss, surely wasn't your plan to prove you aren't spinning facts?

With all due respect to Mr. Curran, given the range of news we heard during l'affaire Welker, I will take that with an 18-wheeler full of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes