PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Mallett Interview Transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Kevin O'Connell comparisons make any sense. K'OC was more like Matt Cassel- an athletic big guy who can run, move and wan't widely regarded.

Mallett has had huge production in a big time conference. He has single handedly devastated good teams. Unfortunately, he has past issues and looks and sounds a bit like a cracked times. However, if you read the transcript without seeing the interview, you see that what is said is thoughtful and reflective.

He's saying all the right things, but what's more important to me is what BB said about him:

He’s definitely a football guy. He’s a great kid to talk to,” Belichick said. “He’s very into football. You can’t wear him out — as long as you want to talk about it, he’ll be there. However many hours it is, he’s ready to go watch the next film or go talk about a new technique or read or whatever.

patriots - Belichick connection with Mallett leads to selection of QB - WEEI | Christopher Price

As long as he has that love for football in the sense that BB spoke of it, he has a tremendous upside.

Who was the ******* who asked this?

Q: I want to go back to the difficult questions so that I'm perfectly clear on this - the issue about drug use. Are you saying you've never used before? Or maybe you have and that's in the past and you're not going down that road again?

The question was already asked and the topic was done with... yet he just had to bring it up again, and in such a dumbass pretentious way.

Honestly, is there one person here who gives a sh*t if Mallett has smoked weed? Seriously, like the stuff is no worse than alcohol, and if anybody knows college campuses, or about ppl of that age in general, they'd know how menial this is.

I do understand the whole "he was a team captain, it's an illegal substance, he should know better, it reflects his priorities and responsibility, blah blah, etc.". But still people... c'mon, are any of you that ridiculous that you really care?

jamarcus russell could throw a ball 80 yds on his knees

The question was already asked and the topic was done with... yet he just had to bring it up again, and in such a dumbass pretentious way.

Honestly, is there one person here who gives a sh*t if Mallett has smoked weed? Seriously, like the stuff is no worse than alcohol, and if anybody knows college campuses, or about ppl of that age in general, they'd know how menial this is.

I do understand the whole "he was a team captain, it's an illegal substance, he should know better, it reflects his priorities and responsibility, blah blah, etc.". But still people... c'mon, are any of you that ridiculous that you really care?

Given that weed is a drug that can get you suspended from football, everyone should care.

Get used to it. His past invites those kinds of questions. Also, many of the rumors, smoke, etc. coming out of his college campus did not center on weed, they centered on a powdery white substance that one ingests through their nose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back