PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Clark...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it sure looked like he lead helmet to helmet.

And Jim Nantz is a butt plug as far as I'm concerned.

Didn't Rodney Harrison make a heck of career for himself making Hits like that? Hypocrites.:rolleyes: I said before before when Ryan Clark cleaned up on Wes Welker only if we had a Safety that Hits like that.:cool:

nice try PatsFan2, the only difference is that Rodney did not lead with his helmit like Clark did . . . :rolleyes:

Dude, everytime you post, you just sound more and more pathetic. You can't justify your comments. No use even trying. Bottom line...there is NO circumstance in which it's ok to wish physical injury to a player. But, I suppose you just don't get that concept, so whatever. I'm sure you were super-pissed about the Pollard shirt, right? The guy who made that shirt is scum, but your comments don't make you any better.

Dude, was not Mcgahee stretchered off the field? YES

Was it a dirty hit? YES

Does Thuglin teach them this? OBVIOUSLY

Golden Rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Clark and his coach have it coming.

For those of you think that "its just football" i got a few images for you to look at . . . is there any further dicussion needed at this point?

You can talk all you want about "tough football" but sooner or later, something like in the images is gonna happen and then it will be too late . . .

For those of you who do not know what is contained in the images - its Jack "the assissan" Tatum hitting Darryl Stingley in the head in a preseason game in 1978. Stingley came accross the middle and Tatum lined up Darryl's head and lead with his helmit and broke Darryl's neck . . .

Attachments

• Darryl Stingley.jpg
    Darryl Stingley.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Stingley 2.jpg
    Stingley 2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 97
Dude, was not Mcgahee stretchered off the field? YES

Was it a dirty hit? YES

Does Thuglin teach them this? OBVIOUSLY

Golden Rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Clark and his coach have it coming.

Was McGahee stretchered off the field? YES

Was it a dirty hit? NO

Does Tomlin teach them this? Does he teach them to hit HARD and STOP the ballcarrier? I certainly hope so.

Let me add one more.....

Is it ok or cool to WISH physical injury to a player? NO

So.....was all that an attempt to justify your comment? If so it didn't work.

Was McGahee stretchered off the field? YES

Was it a dirty hit? NO

Does Tomlin teach them this? Does he teach them to hit HARD and STOP the ballcarrier? I certainly hope so.

Let me add one more.....

Is it ok or cool to WISH physical injury to a player? NO

So.....was all that an attempt to justify your comment? If so it didn't work.

I stand by my earlier comment about Clark.

smileyvault-stretcher.gif

Tomlin is a dirty coach with dirty players.

"Now, I KNOW you Pat's fans hate Pittsburgh, and ya know...the feelings are mutual from most Steeler fans." Understood; I'd expect Stooler fans to hate the Patriots, blowing two AFCCG's at home to us will do that.

"With all that being said PatsFanInEagleLand....you are a DISGRACE to football fans everywhere, and really just a sad, pathetic human being. WISHING players to be carted off the field?! Really? It takes a certain level of ignorance just to THINK something like that, but a whole other level to POST it publicly. Unbelievable." This rambling line of horsesh!t from a fanbase that publicly applauded the cheat shot to Brady to the point were tee shirts to that effect were being peddled by said fan base.

Sorry ***hat, it's arrogant Stooler fans like YOU that are a disgrace..

I hope Ryan Clark leaves the Superbowl on a stretcher. It would only be justice.

Tomlin clearly teaches this, Limas Sweed did this earlier in the game. The Hines Ward "headbutt" earlier in the year.

Sorry, but this is over the line. Even though Clark's hit was dirty, contrary to many people on here, wishing him injury is despicable and only puts you in a poor light.

Sorry, but this is over the line. Even though Clark's hit was dirty, contrary to many people on here, wishing him injury is despicable and only puts you in a poor light.

I don't care. He is a thug coached by a thug who put a guy on a stretcher with a dirty hit. Karma sucks. What comes around goes around. And whatever other saying there are.

Ryan Clark is despicable. I would rather see him carried out than the next guy he spears end up in a wheelchair. Sorry.

Acting as if all of your whining about the Steeler's defense ISN'T about jealousy is just stupid. You know damn well if Clark were a Patriot, you'd be the first one saying the hit was clean (which it was).

Hey, jackarse. No, I wouldn't be claiming it was a clean hit when it wasn't. Most people wouldn't. But, god forbid you know what you are talking about.

That was a dirty hit reminiscent of Tatum on Stingley as someone else pointed out. Had Clark aimed lower and hit McGahee's shoulder or chest, we wouldn't be having this discussion. But he didn't. He went HIGH. At McGahee's head.

I'm not ball-washing by any means. In fact, I agree that the hit on Welker was ridiculous, and he deserved punishment. It was stupis and unnecessary. But, THIS hit wasn't the same. I mean, I get it. Pats fans are still sore about that Welker hit, so they wanna criminalize every hard hit he makes now. I can see that, from a fan's prospetive. But honestly, I initially thought the thread was kinda "funny", certainly NOT because McGahee got hurt, but because Pats fans are already crying about it. To me, it crossed the line when someone starts calling for Clark to be "carted off the field" in the Super Bowl. I would have gladly just lurked on this thread and took it for what it's worth, but when people say stupid stuff like PatsFanInEagleLand did, I think they need to be called out. So I did. I know I'll take some crap for it, and whatever....have at it. BUT, do you think remarks like his are a good representation of all of you, as Pats fans? I hope not.

You thought it was funny because Pats fans were outraged over loud mouth Ryan Clark leading with his helmet on a dirty hit that could have paralyzed or even killed McGahee? Your an ignorant fool. And I agree that PatsfaninEagleland stepped over the line. And I said so.

I don't care. He is a thug coached by a thug who put a guy on a stretcher with a dirty hit. Karma sucks. What comes around goes around. And whatever other saying there are.

Ryan Clark is despicable. I would rather see him carried out than the next guy he spears end up in a wheelchair. Sorry.

The problem with wishing harm to someone else is that, according to Karma, if it happens, it will come back 10 fold on you.

I agree what he is despicable. But wishing him harm makes you just like him.

No jealously involved here, in fact I have respect for what the Steelers are able to do. That said, the Clark hit was dirty and there is no way to argue against this. It's not "just football". McGahee was completely exposed. Completely defenseless. Regardless of what bodypart he lead with, Clark clearly aims for the head. That is the definition of a dirty, chippy play. Men who can pop don't aim for the heads of defenseless recievers, they hit them in the chest, take their wind and be done with it. Message still sent, player has the wind knocked out of him, but he is not injured. Further, hits like that can steal a man's livelyhood. Think about what that means to a guy like McGahee. Grew up in poverty, overcame that knee injury to become a millionare, then has his profession stolen from him not because of normal wear and tear, but because of a hit delivered with the intent to injure.

Players who deliver good hits don't need to be a punk like Clark. How often do you see 43 doing that? Nah, you see him sticking the crap out of players who see him coming. Clean, respectful, agressive hard hitter. Clark is a punk, and he'll get his.

Oh, and jc, you ever play a down of football in your life chief? If you did, you'd know about the honor code and the responsibility to hit as hard as possible as clean as possible. Trying to injure a defenseless opponent is as chippy and b*tchy as it gets. It warrants immediate retaliation, and I'm real suprised his knees haven't been attacked yet.

Last edited:
Pats fans complaining about a "dirty" hit from a safety. That's rich.

Didn't Rodney Harrison make a heck of career for himself making Hits like that? Hypocrites.:rolleyes: I said before before when Ryan Clark cleaned up on Wes Welker only if we had a Safety that Hits like that.:cool:

Exactly (although I won't go so far as to call everyone a hypocrite)! Football was built on hits like that. If he doesn't get fined for that, I really don't care. The only difference with the Welker hit was that Welker didn't have the ball. McGahee did and Clark's job as a safety is to dislodge the ball from the ball carrier. Mission accomplished. I would love to see Ryan Clark back there with BM.

Exactly (although I won't go so far as to call everyone a hypocrite)! Football was built on hits like that. If he doesn't get fined for that, I really don't care. The only difference with the Welker hit was that Welker didn't have the ball. McGahee did and Clark's job as a safety is to dislodge the ball from the ball carrier. Mission accomplished. I would love to see Ryan Clark back there with BM.

I like players that play on the edge but I draw the line on head hunters. Of course if you think McGahee had the ball in his helmet or moved so that Clark is being faulted for that, please, set me straight.

Concerning the hit, I guess we'll just agree to disagree. Yes, their helmets collided, but there's a difference between a hit in which helmets collide, and LEADING with the helmet. He turned his body and attempted to lead with the right shoulder. Should there be punishment everytime two player's helmets collide? Because that would be every play.

He led with his helmet. He's a dirty player.

I don't think you're jealous of the Steelers, just their defense. You don't wish the Pat's defense was as good as Pittsburgh's (#1)?? I love the Steelers, but I wish their offense were more like the Pats. That's not saying I'm a Pats fan or jealous of the TEAM. I just know a good thing when I see it, and wish the same for my team.

Again, why the hell would I be jealous of the Steelers' defense? The Patriots have been ranked at 8,4 and 2 in the past 3 seasons, and the Steelers have been 1,2 and 11. It's been a dead wash.

As far as the comments made by PatsFanInEagleLand....they were pathetic. Plain and simple. No other way to describe it. Saying that you hope a player gets SUSPENDED for a game isn't even close to the same thing, and obviously I don't have a problem with that.

I never wish real injury on a player, although I'm not above hoping that an already existing injury lingers for a week or so. Clark should be suspended. He should be warned that if he continues to play as dirty as he does, and another player gets a serious injury or serious situation such as we saw, he will be permanently banned from the game with no possibility of ever being reinstated.

In a game where all incentive to tackle sanely, humanely and intelligently has been removed by the introduction of highly effective protective gear, it's got to be made crystal clear that the one area that must be protected for all players is the neck and above. If Clark can't learn how to tackle without leading with his helmet and trying to take off the head of his opponent, he should be booted out of the league.

I like players that play on the edge but I draw the line on head hunters. Of course if you think McGahee had the ball in his helmet or moved so that Clark is being faulted for that, please, set me straight.

Read my message and please quote where I said the hit wasn't dirty. The hit didn't look dirty. It looked FILTHY. He's the kind of player that instills fear in a receiver's heart. So yes, while the hit was dirty, I am still allowed to say that I wish he rocked a Flying Elvis on his helmet.

Read my message and please quote where I said the hit wasn't dirty. The hit didn't look dirty. It looked FILTHY. He's the kind of player that instills fear in a receiver's heart. So yes, while the hit was dirty, I am still allowed to say that I wish he rocked a Flying Elvis on his helmet.

Fine, you want a POS scumbag.....I'd rather have the guy who plays on the edge that knows how to tackle within the rules of the game. If he's a little late to the pile from time to time like RH, okay. But name the plays where someone was carted off the field on a "dirty" RH play.....

Football's not built on hits like that (Clark)....but that's my Old School opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back