PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Clark...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Rodney Harrison make a heck of career for himself making Hits like that? Hypocrites.:rolleyes: I said before before when Ryan Clark cleaned up on Wes Welker only if we had a Safety that Hits like that.:cool:

Last edited:
Yep, I missed the play live but that clearly shows

Sure....from a video shot entirely from behind. You can't tell a thing.

Take a look at this one. The helmet makes first contact. I don't know how to do the fancy html video-in-posts like that....but the link should work all the same.

YouTube - Willis McGahee gets jacked up by Ryan Clark 2009 AFC Championship Steelers Ravens

he led with the helmet. That's the kind of hits the league really needs to come down on and send a message. Doubt anything will happen here though.

Take a look at this one. The helmet makes first contact. I don't know how to do the fancy html video-in-posts like that....but the link should work all the same.

YouTube - Willis McGahee gets jacked up by Ryan Clark 2009 AFC Championship Steelers Ravens

He appears to lead with the shoulder, but the collision happens at a bit on an angle - so the helmets are the first point of contact.

If Merriweather makes this hit, the board would explode with excitement because "we finally found a hard hitting safety."

Last edited:

The initial contact was helmet to helmet, however he was attempting to lay a clean hit on him. He clearly was trying to lead with the shoulder, while still keeping his head on the correct side across the ball carrier (form tackle wise). Had he tried to get his head to the other side of the ball carrier he would have violated a cardinal rule of tackling. Leading with your head behind the forward direction of the ball carrier almost always results in a missed tackle.

Explain to me what he should have done different to better protect McGahee? They way that he put his head down and to the left (in an attempt to lead with his right shoulder) actually put him at the greater risk. I thought for sure that he broke his own neck when they first went down. Had he purely led with his head (face forward), he would have destroyed McGahee even worse, at no risk to himself.

regardless of whether the play was 'clean' or 'good football.' (which I don't think it was) something needs to be done to him before he more seriously (depending on Willis' injuries..) hurts somebody. That hit was NASTY. If it was the first tme he's done it, it'd be different, but it's not.

He made no attempt to wrap him up, and he launched at him. That seems to be his method of tackling I guess. If the league chooses to except it, then whoever plays the Steelers knows what they are allowed to get away with themselves. Hopefully Bill's paying attention.

I hope Ryan Clark leaves the Superbowl on a stretcher. It would only be justice.

Tomlin clearly teaches this, Limas Sweed did this earlier in the game. The Hines Ward "headbutt" earlier in the year.

I hope Ryan Clark leaves the Superbowl on a stretcher. It would only be justice.

Tomlin clearly teaches this, Limas Sweed did this earlier in the game. The Hines Ward "headbutt" earlier in the year.

Now, I KNOW you Pat's fans hate Pittsburgh, and ya know...the feelings are mutual from most Steeler fans. So I can live with that. I also know, that due to your hatred of the Steelers, you'll look for ANYTHING to ***** and whine about, which by the way is kinda pathetic. I also know that most Pat's fans, whether they would admit it or not, are jealous of the Steelers superior defense. So, I guess this thread makes perfect sense based on all of that. Suprisingly, there are a few of you on this thread who see things clearly, without clouded judgement, and KNOW the game of football. The hit was clean. There will be no punishment. So, you all can quit talking about that now. He attempted to lead with his right shoulder, although Willis kinda "turned into the hit", which resulted in the helmets colliding. Was it a "viscious" hit? Absolutely, but that's the game a football, and the defender's objective is to STOP the ball-carrier, not gently direct him to the ground.

With all that being said PatsFanInEagleLand....you are a DISGRACE to football fans everywhere, and really just a sad, pathetic human being. WISHING players to be carted off the field?! Really? It takes a certain level of ignorance just to THINK something like that, but a whole other level to POST it publicly. Unbelievable. I suppose we all should expect this from you, since your a Pats fan (who HATES all things Steelers) and living in "Eagle's land", which has the most ridiculous, hateful fans in the country. Stick to booing Santa dude. It's still pathetic, but at least you're not actually hoping for physical harm to athletes.

Didn't Rodney Harrison make a heck of career for himself making Hits like that? Hypocrites.:rolleyes: I said before before when Ryan Clark cleaned up on Wes Welker only if we had a Safety that Hits like that.:cool:

Negative, he is known as a dirty player for always getting a shot in, no matter when the whistle is blown. Hits after a player down is why rodney isn't liked around the league. Not for trying to cripple players with shots to the head.

Now, I KNOW you Pat's fans hate Pittsburgh, and ya know...the feelings are mutual from most Steeler fans. So I can live with that. I also know, that due to your hatred of the Steelers, you'll look for ANYTHING to ***** and whine about, which by the way is kinda pathetic. I also know that most Pat's fans, whether they would admit it or not, are jealous of the Steelers superior defense. So, I guess this thread makes perfect sense based on all of that. Suprisingly, there are a few of you on this thread who see things clearly, without clouded judgement, and KNOW the game of football. The hit was clean. There will be no punishment. So, you all can quit talking about that now. He attempted to lead with his right shoulder, although Willis kinda "turned into the hit", which resulted in the helmets colliding. Was it a "viscious" hit? Absolutely, but that's the game a football, and the defender's objective is to STOP the ball-carrier, not gently direct him to the ground.

With all that being said PatsFanInEagleLand....you are a DISGRACE to football fans everywhere, and really just a sad, pathetic human being. WISHING players to be carted off the field?! Really? It takes a certain level of ignorance just to THINK something like that, but a whole other level to POST it publicly. Unbelievable. I suppose we all should expect this from you, since your a Pats fan (who HATES all things Steelers) and living in "Eagle's land", which has the most ridiculous, hateful fans in the country. Stick to booing Santa dude. It's still pathetic, but at least you're not actually hoping for physical harm to athletes.

'Your' safety deliberately led with his helmet, went helmet-on-helmet with an opposing player, and caused the guy to be carted off the field. You can ballwash the guy all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a dirty player. Acting as if it's about jealousy is just stupid.

'Your' safety deliberately led with his helmet, went helmet-on-helmet with an opposing player, and caused the guy to be carted off the field. You can ballwash the guy all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a dirty player. Acting as if it's about jealousy is just stupid.

Acting as if all of your whining about the Steeler's defense ISN'T about jealousy is just stupid. You know damn well if Clark were a Patriot, you'd be the first one saying the hit was clean (which it was). I'm not ball-washing by any means. In fact, I agree that the hit on Welker was ridiculous, and he deserved punishment. It was stupis and unnecessary. But, THIS hit wasn't the same. I mean, I get it. Pats fans are still sore about that Welker hit, so they wanna criminalize every hard hit he makes now. I can see that, from a fan's prospetive. But honestly, I initially thought the thread was kinda "funny", certainly NOT because McGahee got hurt, but because Pats fans are already crying about it. To me, it crossed the line when someone starts calling for Clark to be "carted off the field" in the Super Bowl. I would have gladly just lurked on this thread and took it for what it's worth, but when people say stupid stuff like PatsFanInEagleLand did, I think they need to be called out. So I did. I know I'll take some crap for it, and whatever....have at it. BUT, do you think remarks like his are a good representation of all of you, as Pats fans? I hope not.

Acting as if all of your whining about the Steeler's defense ISN'T about jealousy is just stupid. You know damn well if Clark were a Patriot, you'd be the first one saying the hit was clean (which it was). I'm not ball-washing by any means. In fact, I agree that the hit on Welker was ridiculous, and he deserved punishment. It was stupis and unnecessary. But, THIS hit wasn't the same. I mean, I get it. Pats fans are still sore about that Welker hit, so they wanna criminalize every hard hit he makes now. I can see that, from a fan's prospetive. But honestly, I initially thought the thread was kinda "funny", certainly NOT because McGahee got hurt, but because Pats fans are already crying about it. To me, it crossed the line when someone starts calling for Clark to be "carted off the field" in the Super Bowl. I would have gladly just lurked on this thread and took it for what it's worth, but when people say stupid stuff like PatsFanInEagleLand did, I think they need to be called out. So I did. I know I'll take some crap for it, and whatever....have at it. BUT, do you think remarks like his are a good representation of all of you, as Pats fans? I hope not.

The Welker hit has nothing to do with the hit last night. Last night, the replay clearly showed him go helmet to helmet. As for jealousy, why the hell would I be jealous of the Steelers? I'm a Patriots fan, which means that the team I cheer for has won 3 Super Bowls this decade, has been to 4 in that time, and would probably have been to, and won, another this season if Brady hadn't gone down.

As for his remarks, actually, I hope that Clark is suspended for the Super Bowl. That's what his actions merit.

McGahee was carted off the field because of a dirty hit, yeah I feel he deserves the same thing he dished out. Let the punishment fit the crime. It is obvious they are taught this by their coach, I hope he gets what is coming to him to, Barry Switzer, Jr is a thug and his players are dirty.

The Welker hit has nothing to do with the hit last night. Last night, the replay clearly showed him go helmet to helmet. As for jealousy, why the hell would I be jealous of the Steelers? I'm a Patriots fan, which means that the team I cheer for has won 3 Super Bowls this decade, has been to 4 in that time, and would probably have been to, and won, another this season if Brady hadn't gone down.

As for his remarks, actually, I hope that Clark is suspended for the Super Bowl. That's what his actions merit.

Concerning the hit, I guess we'll just agree to disagree. Yes, their helmets collided, but there's a difference between a hit in which helmets collide, and LEADING with the helmet. He turned his body and attempted to lead with the right shoulder. Should there be punishment everytime two player's helmets collide? Because that would be every play.

I don't think you're jealous of the Steelers, just their defense. You don't wish the Pat's defense was as good as Pittsburgh's (#1)?? I love the Steelers, but I wish their offense were more like the Pats. That's not saying I'm a Pats fan or jealous of the TEAM. I just know a good thing when I see it, and wish the same for my team.

As far as the comments made by PatsFanInEagleLand....they were pathetic. Plain and simple. No other way to describe it. Saying that you hope a player gets SUSPENDED for a game isn't even close to the same thing, and obviously I don't have a problem with that.

To me, it crossed the line when someone starts calling for Clark to be "carted off the field" in the Super Bowl. I would have gladly just lurked on this thread and took it for what it's worth, but when people say stupid stuff like PatsFanInEagleLand did, I think they need to be called out.

All this coming from the same fan base that specifically made a t-shirt celebrating Brady's knee injury. Classy folks you got down there in Steeltown.

If Clark was on the Patriots and laid that hit on a Steeler, you'd be complaining that he was dirty.

Rodney hears it all the time and I haven't seen him drill someone that hard ever.

PFT has a video up, which will probably get taken down by the No Fun League in a few hours.

But while it's up, you can be the judge.

And, BTW, I agree with Florio on two things, and would add one more:
(1) "Clark should be suspended for the Super Bowl. Period."
(2) Someone on the sound crew for the Steelers should be fired (listen to the background of the video after the collision).
(3) The Steelers as a team should be fined for this, too.

McGahee was carted off the field because of a dirty hit, yeah I feel he deserves the same thing he dished out. Let the punishment fit the crime. It is obvious they are taught this by their coach, I hope he gets what is coming to him to, Barry Switzer, Jr is a thug and his players are dirty.

Dude, everytime you post, you just sound more and more pathetic. You can't justify your comments. No use even trying. Bottom line...there is NO circumstance in which it's ok to wish physical injury to a player. But, I suppose you just don't get that concept, so whatever. I'm sure you were super-pissed about the Pollard shirt, right? The guy who made that shirt is scum, but your comments don't make you any better.

All this coming from the same fan base that specifically made a t-shirt celebrating Brady's knee injury. Classy folks you got down there in Steeltown.

If Clark was on the Patriots and laid that hit on a Steeler, you'd be complaining that he was dirty.

Rodney hears it all the time and I haven't seen him drill someone that hard ever.

I'm the LAST guy you'll find sticking up for that bum who made the Pollard shirt. It's a disgrace to the Steeler's fanbase and a pathetic display of ignorance. As a Steelers fan, I wouldn't EVER want to be associated with someone like him. Kinda like PatsInEagleLand's comment.

And just for the record, NO I wouldn't be complaining if that hit were laid on a Steeler. The Steelers hit hard, which is why they're a top-notch defense, so teams SHOULD hit the Steelers hard in return! As long as it's a legal hit, I don't have a problem with it, regardless of who it is. The game of football is a physical, violent game....love it or hate it. Sometimes players get injured, which is unfortunate, but expected in a game like this. So, as they say, don't hate the player, hate the game. As a fan of the GAME, I understand that injuries like this happen.

clark led with the shoulder

it's clear as day lol

2cp2rd1.gif

i mean look at it, he's leading with his shoulder, it's obvious

i think you're just letting your hatred for the guy cloud your sensibilities

i noticed you selected the rear shot where you can't see Clark's helmit hit Willis helmit, nice try though. Next time you might want to post the shot from the other angle that shows the helmit to helmit hit and same being the FIRST contact between the two players and the CONTACT that cause Willis head to snap back . . . this is what happens when people have selective viewing of an incident . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back