Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ryan Clark...

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by RPCity, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPCity

RPCity Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Same guy who laid the dirty hit on Welker a few weeks ago puts the same type of hit on Willis McGahee in today's AFC Championship game. I'm sure you all saw it...so I don't need to explain it. Only difference is that McGahee had the ball. He still hasn't gotten up.

Don't tell me he didn't lead with his helmet. The helmet to helmet was the first thing to make contact. I hope McGahee's ok.
  2. Warren94

Warren94 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I find it hard to believe it was a clean hit and is anyone else sick of Jim Nantz?
  3. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +85 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Same here. Good luck Willis.
  4. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

We can fantasize that Goodall will actually take action this time. Clark ducking his head at least saved himself from a broken neck by twisting sideways for the hit.
  5. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +276 / 18 / -43

#50 Jersey

Ryan Clark needs to be suspended. That was CLEARLY a head hunting move by Clark. Nantz is an idiot for saying that Clark didn't lead with the helmet.. He sure as hell did.

BTW, I did notice a league official in a trench coat down on the field while McGahee was being worked on.
  6. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

I saw it and the Welker hit was the first thing that jumped into my head. The hit on McGahee was the 3rd helmet to helmet hit I saw a Steeler lay on a Raven tonight. Everytime the Raven needed help off the field.

I'm sorry but it makes no sense to me that you will protect a QB from a hand to the helmet but won't fine players like Clark for repeated hits like the one he laid on McGahee tonight. :mad:
  7. stevedogc

stevedogc Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That was a very vicious hit and I would say it was dirty. They just showed the hit again in slow-mo and you can clearly see Clark tuck his arms into his body, lowering his head and lunging at McGahee.
  8. barrett092

barrett092 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I will be rooting HARD for the Cardinals to beat the living **** out of these bully steelers.

Clark should be suspended indefinitely if Goddell had any balls.
  9. SammyBlueCat

SammyBlueCat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Looked dirty to me.
  10. fumbrunner

fumbrunner Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

He also led with his helmet on a low hit on Mcgahee's knee earlier in the game. He is a dirty player, plain and simple. On the hit where Mcgahee got hurt, there was no attempt to tackle, no wrapping up the player, just a hit where he left his feet and launched himself with his helmet.
  11. WhoaDirty

WhoaDirty Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

He's looks like he is leading with his shoulder, but he is clearly aiming for the player's head on his hits. I don't know why the league allows headhunting like that.

Sweed lead with his helmet on kick back block when he hit the Ravens DB too.
  12. jays52

jays52 Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0

#91 Jersey

A lot of those Steelers have been leading with their heads or directly targeting the helmets all season. Especially the DB's. Seems like they're being coached up. Clark definately stands out, though. I'm really suprised they didn't retaliate in any way. That was always one of the perks of playing defense. Someone on O get's lit up dirty like that, they better not be trying the crossing routes next series...

Not to sound like too much of a fan-boy, but I can't wait to get a crack at that team next season with a healthy defense and 12 under center again.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  13. WelshPat

WelshPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think the Welker hit was dirty, but this Mcgahee one i had no problem with. He does try and go in with his shoulder if you watch the replay, and mcgahee had the ball unlike welker.

This was just one of those unlucky things, they were both running full speed across the middle, bad things are gonna happen.

But still, go cards

And totally off topic but has anyone noticed how boring steelers games are?? I like defense but jeeze this team has no spark on offense at ALL
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  14. Cartwright

Cartwright Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There are probably 5+ hits per game, any professional game, where a guy leads with his helmet. I guess I don't understand the rule, or WHY you would do it. Clark intentionally leading with the helmet is just stupid, as he obviously runs the risk of severe injury as well. Guy should be suspended for SB.
  15. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

looked like a great hit to me, led with the shoulder

that's football
    well played clark!
  16. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yes I am. Just curious, why are you sick of him? Nantz has annoyed me since he took over for Greg Gumbel in '04. I wish Gumbel was still the #1 team with Phil Simms.
  17. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +276 / 18 / -43

#50 Jersey

WHAT? God. I always knew that Chargers fans were dumb, but this takes the cake. He didn't lead with his shoulder. To have led with his shoulder, Clark would have had to hit McGahee in the side. He didn't. It's clear as day that Clark hit McGahee front on and that he led with his helmet. Clark purposely aimed for McGahee's head.

That's NOT well-played football and its pure ignorance for you to say that it is.
  18. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

I have watched a lot of Steeler games this year (and last) and do not find Clark to be unsportsmanlike in his play. I think he is a normal sized NFL safety how puts his body into hits when possible. A hit like that is what may have made Keller (NYJ overtime 3rd and 15) fall backwards instead to forwards. I'd welcome that kind of physicality to our D.
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/208802-i-want-teams-fear-our-defense.html

I think we are a little more sensitive to it as Pats fans because of the Welker hit. Technically, I don't think either hit was illegal - not the nicest approach, but legal. If he played for the Pats, I'd like Clark. In fact, Rodney is one of my favorite players and he has made a living off similar plays throughout his career. Despite what I (we) think of him, league surveys consistently find Rodney to be a 'cheap' player.
  19. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

clark led with the shoulder

it's clear as day lol

[​IMG]

i mean look at it, he's leading with his shoulder, it's obvious

i think you're just letting your hatred for the guy cloud your sensibilities
  20. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

that hit just screams "welcome to football, *****"

i LOVE it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.