Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ryan budget

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Aug 11, 2012.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Well Obama is promising more of the same from the last 4 years. Trillion dollar + as far as the eye can see. Obama budget didn't get 1 vote from dems this year H Redi hasn't passed a budget through the Senate since BO was elected.

Ryan has mad a specific proposal that would move to a balanced budget adn reform entitlements, which IMO has to happen. So we can have a solvent country or become Greece.

This is now an election with a clear choice in philosophy which is good.

Here is the outline of the Ryan budget:

http://budget.house.gov/uploadedfiles/pathtoprosperity2013.pdf
  2. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

Indeed. I think this is a conversation Democrats would love to have. To wit:

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/106029/ryan-romney-vp-budget-cuts-medicare-medicaid-voucher-tax-cut

I have no problem with ideas to reform entitlements. This is something that will eventually need to happen. What I do have a problem with is charlatans like Ryan saying we should massively cut taxes for the wealthy and keep ramping up military spending, while inflicting all sorts of pain on everyone else. In that sense, he's the perfect poster child for today's GOP. And once everyone gets beyond the fact that he looks nice, he'll be a significant liability to Romney, make no mistake about it.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  3. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

What are Obama's specific proposals to reform entitlements a link providing details would be helpful?

I am not aware of any specific proposals to reform SS and Medicare beyond the status quo.
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

5. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

No one is arguing for the status quo. Just because someone presents a plan, that doesn't make said plan serious or worthwhile. I know you have very little ability to think on your own so you'll just parrot what Heritage or Hot Air tells you, but when Ryan comes out and says we should shift health care costs onto seniors, drastically cut all government services, expand the military, and give the rich another tax break...well, you have to be a special breed of ideologue to defend that vision with a straight face. And this coming from a guy who, during the Bush years, seldom found spending he wouldn't support.

Ryan's plan isn't practicable. It's an ideological blueprint for movement conservatism. Thankfully, a majority of America doesn't want to live in Ryan's word, aka Atlas Shrugged.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Does Obama have a plan?

If so where is it?

All I see is attacks on anything other than the status quo.
  7. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

Let me google that for you.

Glad to help.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

IOW nothing OK, thanks for clarifying.
  9. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

Nope, it's out there, and you could find it if you were actually interested in looking for it. But you're not, so you won't.

Can't even muster up a basic defense of Ryan's plan, huh?
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Well I tried Enetitlement Reform Obama and got nothing. Actually I got link to Obama attacking the Ryan plan...

Guess you couldn't find anything either.

Funny I could find the Ryan plan and a Libertarian and Conservative critique rather easily.
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Catholic Bishops say Ryan Budget fails moral test... keep building them weapons folks, pretty soon we are just gonna blow ourselves to kingdom come..

An interesting aside the bible says that we should care for the poor over 2000 times, never once does it say or imply to care for the rich..

Catholic Bishops Say Ryan Budget Fails Moral Test
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Honestly, bluntly, 13, I don't know if Obama has a plan for reform or not - I do know that I kind of admire him for having the intelligence and the foresight not to waste his time preparing one since the House Republicans have already vowed, publicly, to block anything he presents simply because they want him to fail.

Add that to the fact there can be no real discussion of budget cutting without an accompanying talk of a revenue increase and since the Republicans have already vetoed tht idea courtesy of Grover Norquist - I mean. honestly, why should he bother?
  13. patsinthesnow

patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +336 / 11 / -1

#87 Jersey

A very interesting part of the budget is making the tax code into two brackets, 10% and 25%, but doesn't specify what the cutoffs will be. If it is 10% for anyone making less than a 100,000 , that is a huge tax cut for the middle class (15%) and would be win. If its 25% for anyone more than like 35k than it is super BS.

Why isnt this clear or am I missing something?
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

He isn't honest enough to put forward a specific plan that can be examined. Ryan put a specific plan on the table knowing that the dems would take they shots and lie about it. he also know the H Reid would allow it to be brought to the Senate Floor.

So Ryan has an honesty and political courage Obama hasn't displayed.
  15. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah -- Obama's budgets that failed to garner a single vote on either side. LOL what a joke.
  16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Well wait, now I'm confused. I thought 13 was insisting he'd never submitted a budget. How could a non-submitted budget fail to gather a vote?
  17. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

I'm sure 13 meant a serious budget like I easily interpreted it.

But Hopey changey the Clown submitted budgets that even his hard left thought was just another hand buzzer gag.Thats friggin wacked out the Clown is. Slaps the American people across the face but throwing out a joke budget.

If this nut job ever gets a second term. I'll wager anyone that he or his suckups in HHS or the Jarret crew will have to "explore" the possibility of tapping people IRA's 401ks and pensions to keep his Marxist dreams of my bastard maker going.
    I'm telling you right now. Get ready for it.
  18. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

If your definition of reform is "to get rid of," then sure. Ryan's in a world of his own.

If your definition of reform is to "make fiscally solvent," there's plenty out there.
  19. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

I wasn't aware we were discussing budgets? Thanks for your irrelevant contribution.

By the way, speaking of jokes: remember earlier today when you compared Romney to Reagan? And remember when I said you, as a teabagger, were no different from your garden variety Republican? Looks like I was on point.
  20. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +170 / 35 / -13

#32 Jersey

Because Obama will not touch entitlements with a 10 foot pole before the election because he needs those votes. And because Obama wants the Republicans to raise taxes to pay for his last 4 years of fail.

Obama is the one who promised millions of jobs and lower unemployment under 8%. And, cutting the deficit in half. The only one responsible for Obamas failures is Obama. He had 2 year of a Dem controlled House and Senate to do whatever he wanted. Instead he wasted the opportunity on his legacy health care law then lost his axx in the 2010 election after folks saw what a train wreck he is as POTUS.

Change is coming in 2012.