PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan: "Belichick won coaching battle again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
From press conference.

Got to admit, don't often hear a winning coach say he got outcoached...

Last edited:
Props to Rex and his team, going to indy and NE and winning is hell of an accomplishment.

He wasn't being genuine, but he's earned the right to say whatever he wants. If the Pats have a problem with it, then they should have showed up in their home stadium.

Yeah probably say he outcoached himself or something classy like that. I can only hope that they suffer a humiliating defeat.

Rex Ryan won the coaching battle and it wasn't even close today.

He wasn't being sarcastic, he said (paraphrasing)

"Thank god it didn't come down to the coaching again because Belichick won again, it was the players who won today"

You can tell when he's being obviously sarcastic but he was being genuine.

Last edited:
Wow, he would say that. Rex is such a loser.

The AFC championship should be won with about 14 points for the winning team....this is going to be a defensive struggle with 2 teams that have championship defenses,unlike the patchwork below level defense we had today.

He wasn't being sarcastic, he said (paraphrasing)

"Thank god it didn't come down to the coaching again because Belichick won again, it was the players who won today"

You can tell when he's being obviously sarcastic but he was being genuine.

Makes sense. He took the loss on himself and the win on his players.

Rex Ryan is clearly the best head coach in the NFL right now.

He's playing the team up on purpose, just like when he took responsibility for 45-3 and took it off their shoulders with the "It's personal between me and BB" thing. His approach has worked to perfection this week as much as I hate to say. No way did BB outcoach anybody today.

Last edited:
From press conference.

Got to admit, don't often hear a winning coach say he got outcoached...

easy to say, and do when u win and feel good, whats classy is bill belichick shaking his and and complimenting him after the tuffest loss ever and knowin ur team is better than the thuggy jets, thats respectable and admirable, i could do anything for the world rite after i hit the lottery but would struggle to help others when my life when to the shat hole, i hope u understand that..rex is a good coach, his players r dumbasses.

If he sounded genuine, then he's lying through his teeth. The Jets pretty clearly outcoached and outplayed us today.

How are we loosers? We beat you fair and square.

I don't know what "loosers" means.

As far as the Jets being losers, only 2 teams have never made it to the SB in the 42 years since the merger (expansion teams excluded).

One team is the Lions, want to guess what the other team is? One win does not turn a loser franchise into a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes