Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ryan assembling championship-caliber Jets defense; New England's revamped offense

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

2. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Ryan assembling championship-caliber Jets defense;New England's revamped offense

Just by reading the title, I think we should be nervous. Especially with their young stable of awesome quarterbacks.
  3. jman924

jman924 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Ryan assembling championship-caliber Jets defense;New England's revamped offense

:D
    Maybe Clemons will ask Seymour not to snap him in two this year.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

And their most recent 1st round pick.. Vernon..
  5. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +713 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Once again folks, I bring you the 2009 Off Season Champions...the NY Jets!
    Perrenial winners of this coveted award.
  6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You know, he's right.
  7. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

This is just too funny
  8. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

You mean the AFC Off Season Champs.

THey have to play the Redskins for the World Off-Season Championship, and the Redskins are tough every March.
  9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

I love how "moving on after Mangina is proven to suck extremely hard" turned into "building on the solid foundation Eric Mangini left behind..."
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  10. DNR

DNR Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's like clockwork.

Every year the same euphoric expectations...immediately followed by the inevitable crash and burn.

It never gets old though :)
  11. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Don't forget Kris Jenkins from last season . . . that is until teams figured out you don't need to run at big defensive linemen - make them chase you and they are somewhat less effective.

Bart Scott is a good pickup, but Lito was riding the pine last year so I suspect he would not be considered an elite CB as those CBs tend to start as a top 2 CB on a roster.

Sock this article away as a gross hyperbole the author gets to explain or apologize for at the end of next season.
  12. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

As usual...the offseason one week after Free Agency always has the superbowl picks there and.....well it's nice press..you know the football idiots have something to write about
  13. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +736 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

The Patriots signed a tight end and that proves the team is going to scrap the old offense? I guess if they sign a fullback that'll prove that the team is going back to the single wing.
  14. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

>>>>
    Although Brady was only sacked 21 times during the 2007 regular season, the Giants made four sacks in their upset Super Bowl victory of New England, and teams successfully copied that aggressive game plan last season to slow down the Patriots' offense (Matt Cassel was sacked 47 times in 516 pass attempts in 2008).>>>>>>>

:banned:

I'm sure it had nothing to do with replacing one of the greatest to ever play the game with a guy starting for the first time since high school....They averaged 30+ points the last seven weeks of the season, once Cassel got his sea legs and control of the offense as well as a pocket presence.....
  15. patman12

patman12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

"...I don't know if this division has ever seen a violent defense."

Yeah, ok Bart. :rolleyes:
  16. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

The Jets defense should be great in 2009, but their offense will be terrible.
  17. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I agree the Jets may possibly have a better defense than us, but super bowl my ass. They have no answer on offense, their HC is unproven. NY really has been Redskins north, it's hillarious watching this every offseason at this point.

I wouldn't consider Gholston a bust yet either. If Mayo didn't contribute that much last year, would he be a bust? You people sound ridiculous saying he's terrible after a single season. Gholston has way to much ability IMO to write him off after 1 year. If he doesn't contribute by next year, that's the 3 year window and he just would be considered a bust than.
  18. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

So basically we are going to see the Ravens of the AFC East. Except for the fact that the defense isn't as good and the offense will be just as bad. BTW, what have the Ravens done since 2000?

Pencil them in though! :rolleyes:
  19. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I agree that their defense has improved, but what exactly does Bart mean by a "violent" defense. That's a pretty stupid claim in my opinion because the NFL is a pretty violent game and unless everyone else plays a little soft and he carries a weapon it's the same intensity of everyone else.
  20. Icculus

Icculus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Somebody help me....how many championships did the ravens win with Bart Scott and Jim Leohnard and Rex Ryan as DC? Oh yeah...since their 2000 SB win (which they were not a part of) zero super bowls or appearances, 1AFC championship appearance, and 2 Division Titles. Big Whoop....

I live in Maryland and every year I hear about how great the Ravens are. Just talk....just like the Jest will be this year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.