Welcome to PatsFans.com

Russian Methane

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...e-releases-deadly-greenhouse-gas-6276134.html
    ============================================================
    "Earlier we found torch-like structures like this but they were only tens of metres in diameter. This is the first time that we've found continuous, powerful and impressive seeping structures, more than 1,000 metres in diameter. It's amazing," Dr Semiletov said. "I was most impressed by the sheer scale and high density of the plumes. Over a relatively small area we found more than 100, but over a wider area there should be thousands of them."

I'm sure FOX can create (cough) FIND an e-mail from someone who went to science-school that will 'debunk' this...

"We carried out checks at about 115 stationary points and discovered methane fields of a fantastic scale – I think on a scale not seen before. Some plumes were a kilometre or more wide and the emissions went directly into the atmosphere – the concentration was a hundred times higher than normal."
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

What about the "Hockey Stick"???
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +305 / 3 / -13

OMG!! :eek:

No biggie...we can just freeze the sh1t back up. I always knew Russian sh1t stinks more than our sh1t!

More seriously...I hate reading stuff like this because it gives me that "end times" feeling. I read about 2/3's of the article, but I know very little about the science of chemical reactions in our atmosphere to debate on the topic.

I could take some classes and learn about it...but I'd prolly end up depressed.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011