PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Russ Hochstein Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Russ has filled in more than just adequate at many areas on the team including guard,center and run blocker on some goal line formations.

Tonight Russ showed just how great a depth we have at Right Guard as he kept Brady's blind side well under control and played the position perfectly for the often injured Stephen Neal this year,Billy Yates came in for most of the 2nd half but Russ was great again in the sudden starting role at RG.

Brady probably has nightmares about Aaron Shoebel but Aaron was a no show on the stats side this week and when he did get near Brady he was too late,the offensive line in particular Hochstein early was magnificent and a big high five to #71 on a fine job tonight.

You're absolutely right.
Hochstein could have pouted for losing his starting job. Instead, he's filled in admriably in every position on the O-line when needed.

Awesome job tonight. I was actually worried when Neal was reported to be not playing. I guess that was kind of silly in retrospect.

No sacks, scarcely a "hurry" -- the OL dominated. And you're right, we're very lucky to have a guy like Hochstein to plug in at multiple positions without missing a beat.

Nah...Hochstein stinks....just ask (the aptly named) Warren Sapp:D

Seemed to me that Hochstein was replaced early by Yates. Anyone else notice this? WHen the play counts come out, I expect Yates to have most of the snaps.

Last edited:
Lets make it the whole O Line! They played unreal.

In the first quarter the Bills send the house a couple of times because 'They saw something on film they liked'. Brady just sat there and let them bring in, the linemen gave him time and he just picked them apart.

Yates was also getting so reps. What an effort by the pass protectors, linemen, running backs, TEs. Just awesome.

Russ is a typical Patriot who quietely goes about his business, does what he is asked and when is called upon to step up he does the job. Im sure he could be a starting guard on many other teams in this league but he has bought into the team first mentality. While Brady, Moss and Samuel get all the attention quiet guys like Hochstein, Yates, Gay, Green, etc. have been a part of our success not only this year but in years past. Anyone else notice the Yates/Hochstein combo making the wedge last night? Im sure some backup d-back/linebacker was not looking forward to breaking up that wedge....

Russ is a typical Patriot who quietely goes about his business, does what he is asked and when is called upon to step up he does the job. Im sure he could be a starting guard on many other teams in this league but he has bought into the team first mentality. While Brady, Moss and Samuel get all the attention quiet guys like Hochstein, Yates, Gay, Green, etc. have been a part of our success not only this year but in years past. Anyone else notice the Yates/Hochstein combo making the wedge last night? Im sure some backup d-back/linebacker was not looking forward to breaking up that wedge....

I remember thinking when they signed Green to his contract, gee, they overpaid. Its a mistake.

Thats why I am not running the Pats. :rolleyes:
I thnk he's a bargain now. I hope his foot is okay.

How did Hochstein protect bradys blindside from the RG position?

Billy Yates played more..

Yates, Hochstein - EVERYONE. Helluva job. Attaboys all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back