Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rush Limbaugh still retains fluid, but will not carry the water for the GOP...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Nov 9, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Found this quote interesting, not sure if he is directing it toward the scandals that racked the GOP or if it was towards Donald Rumsfield.. nonetheless very interesting comments from the flagbearer of the right. The important thing is he feels liberated.. whatever that all means. He differentiates between conservatism and what the Republican Party represents.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_110806/content/rush_on_a_roll.guest.html

RUSH: Snerdley said, "Well give me an example of what you're talking about." Okay, let me give you an example. (I'm not going to mention any names.) I've been sticking my neck out to defend people who won't defend themselves and in the process of sticking my neck out, I get it cut off by other people who disavow what I'm doing and saying -- and yet if I didn't stick my neck out these people would have gotten swamped and defeated by far bigger margins than they did! I bring a lot of passion to my belief in conservatism, and my belief that liberalism is harmful to individuals in this country, that it leads them to lives of misery and unfulfilled potential.

Those beliefs drive me, and I believe that we are the good guys, and when the people on my side, the good guys, don't have the guts to defend themselves as strongly as I'm willing to defend them, then you get to the point where, what's the point? I'm not running in their races. I'm not asking for votes. I'm not on the ballots. I'm not getting their votes. That is up to them. All I'm saying is it's a little liberating now, once I see the direction we're headed and I look at the reaction to everybody in our movement after this loss. They can take it the way they want to take it, and I'm not going to defend whatever way they go just because they're on my side if I don't believe in the method they're using or the direction they're taking. It's that simple.
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

He is strating to figure out that he has been played a fool by the so called "Neo-cons" who are not conservative at all.

If a drug addicted racist like Rush can figure it out, why can't the rest of you people who still defend this administration? Whats it gunna take?
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +609 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Rush is so full of crap he stinks. I used to listen to Rush regularly during the Clinton years .... luckily saved by sports radio. Rush is really more of an anti-liberal than anything. He likes to think he is a conservative....and in many ways he is. But he hitched his wagon to the Bush people to keep his radio show alive ..... he isn't fooling anyone anymore.

A real conservative, in today's politics will embrace a democratic conservative over a republican conservative. Rush bashes all the democrats which exposes him for the hypocritical fool that he is.

Don't believe it anyone ... he's afraid he's going to have to get off the drugs if his radio show falters....and he will lose attention...he is re-inventing himself.

Rush is actually a very intelligent man.....he can sniff out crap as good as anyone. He should do a service for America now that he has gone full circle. run the show as a moderate, get interviews from both sides of the Aisle, expose corruption (and he can do it with all his contacts). That should be the new Limbaugh show.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Rush is a fraud. If he was so concerned about the GOP being consevative then he should have been a man and said it years ago. I feel no pity for any party stooge that personally disagrees with what is going on, yet, betrays his own principles in favor of said party. Rush can sometimes make some valid points, but overall he is a fraud and a party stooge. All of a sudden the GOP gets biitch slapped, and Rush says he wasn't a big fan anyway. HA! Gimme a break. The sooner people, and politicians, put aside party for principle, we'll be on a better path. The problem is, only a select few are man enough to do so. We'll see what these newly elected "conservative democrats" do. I pray that they move their hijacked party back to its original beliefs and away from the liberal lunacy of the past decade. I have my doubts. My fear is that the liberal loons will win out, and party will dictate principles.
  5. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The next time I care about what Rush says will be the first time.