Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rush Limbaugh on football... again

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Pujo, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

"The media, the sports media, has got social concerns that they are first and foremost interested in, and they're dumping on this guy -- Rex Grossman -- for one reason, folks, and that's because he is a white quarterback." -Rush Limbaugh on his radio show, Feb 5.

Must be the same reason the media just HATES Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, remember when they were all calling for Rohan Davey to replace Brady? Wait... did that happen?

And of course they're not dumping on poor Grossman because his game consists of blindly throwing the ball and hoping his receiver can grab it before the DB does.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  2. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think that's quite possibly the dumbest thing he's ever said. It's not because he's white- it's because he sucks.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Nominate this guy for a peace prize....someone, ANYONE!
  4. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Why post this? All the fat bastard does is want attention.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And I'm sure he's patting himself on the back because people at the PatsFans political forum are talking about him. What Rush doesn't know can't swell his ego. ;)
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Rush is a maroon.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah, and I do appreciate that even a lot of the rightwing posters on this board know that. I guess it's how even most liberals know that Bill Maher is an idiot.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Maher is the biggest fraud of them all, or at least close. Maher claims to be a "Libertarian" which is laughable. Imagine Rush saying he was too. That would be funny.
  9. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

I'm wondering if he meant to suggest that if Grossman was black, he wouldn't be getting the same amount and severity of criticism. To say he is being dumped on BECAUSE he is white doesn't make any sense.
  10. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well sure, to him Grossman is as good as Michael Vick, but the media loves Michael Vick because he's black.

Rush claims discrimination against blacks is a figment of their imagination, it's discrimination against whites that's prevelant in society.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I don't like Rush, but after reading the above, maybe we'd need to see what context his words were said in.
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

LIMBAUGH: And before we go to the break here, folks, I've got to get something off my chest. You know, the game was the game. And the game was what it was. But I - I can't handle anymore press criticism of Rex Grossman. They're writing his name W-R-E-C-K-S. They're just -- worst quarterback ever to play in the Super Bowl. And it's been like this since the Green Bay game -- actually since the Arizona game, a little crescendo of it in the Green Bay game, the last game of the season for the Bears. And it's just unrelenting! It's just -- they're focusing on this guy like they don't focus on anybody! And I tell you, I know what it is. The media, the sports media, has got social concerns that they are first and foremost interested in, and they're dumping on this guy -- Rex Grossman -- for one reason, folks, and that's because he is a white quarterback. ...
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

And that's it? He didn't say anything else after that? Did he explain what he meant? I can't beleive he stopped there and nobody called in and asked him about it.
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

BTW, Grossman was bad, but no one was worse than Kerry Collins. Nobody.
  15. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

He went to break after that and then didn't come back to the topic during that show.

The next day he said he was just joking.
  16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Rich Gannon?
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Yeah, he was joking. More like he's a joke. People like Rush, although capable of making valid points, as they have no care for being PC, do more to hurt politics than they do to help it. That goes for Bill Maher, Ann Coulter, and the like.
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

As you all know, I don't know anything about Football, my favorite sports for all of my life were Drinking & Wrestling With Women, so don't ridicule me or laugh at me when I ask this and I am serious, "Are There Any Cambodian Quaterbacks In Professional Football"?
  19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That isn't exactly entirely what he said. What he said - and has been saying for several years now - is that the mainstream media gives a free pass to black QBs. He never said the criticism of Grossman was unwarrented; rather his opinion on Grossman is that if he were black, he wouldn't be getting anywhere near as much criticism as he has been. Conversely, 3 years ago, his statements on McNabb were that McNabb gets much less criticism than he deserves because he is black.

That's what he feels, feel free to agree or disagree. Just try not to misrepresent what was said.
  20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

his stance on this is 100% racist. I'm so glad this guy represents the Right wing.