Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rush Limbaugh, comments on women.. offensive????

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 2, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

All over the Net this AM, not sure how he gets away with it, or maybe it reflects his demographic(white males over 40 who are sexually frustrated and in dead end marriages).. but not too many folks can say what he says and get away with it. Maybe Dick Cheney, GWB or Donald will come on next week and talk about it more... or even better yet Tom Tancredo.. without regard here is the qoute from his podcast.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200612010005

LIMBAUGH: My cat -- here's how you can get fooled. My cat comes to me when she wants to be fed. I have learned this. I accept it for what it is. Many people in my position would think my cat's coming to me because she loves me. Well, she likes me, and she is attached, but she comes to me when she wants to be fed. And after I feed her -- guess what -- she's off to wherever she wants to be in the house, until the next time she gets hungry. She's smart enough to know she can't feed herself. She's actually a very smart cat. She gets loved. She gets adoration. She gets petted. She gets fed. And she doesn't have to do anything for it, which is why I say this cat's taught me more about women, than anything my whole life.
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think the more important question is why are you so concerned with the sexual frustrations of a white male over 40...? That says more about you than it does about him.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Imagine some of the things Billy Blue Dress says about women when he's hanging out with Jessie Jackoff. :singing: :singing:
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well he ain't learned much that's for sure. The fat toad's been married and divorced three or four times now. Maybe he needs to pay more attention to this cat.
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

I wonder if this will bring the feminists out from under their rocks, they have been in hiding for some unknown reason, where the hell are they?
    :bricks:
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

No comments on what Rush had to say, or are you content with your response of attacking the messenger???
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Sounds like Rush has finally found a puzzie he can handle.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  8. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

Seems pretty benign to me. Not many women listen to Limbaugh anyway, do they?
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

A lot of people don't listen to Michael Richards either, does that make what he says OK?? It does not have to do with demographics or listening audience, it is a very stereotypical message from someone who has addiction problems and has been married at least three times now.. and someone who promotes the republican party by having GWB, Cheney and Rumsfield on his show on a regular basis. I guess the appeal to the mid american house wife has lost its luster now that the election is over, eh???
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Listen, I'm not a Rush fan, but who cares? What did he say that is so bad? Ever listen to WEEI? Dang dude, get over it. If some chic is on the radio and says all men want is sex....... who cares?

Men are compared to donkeys, apes, and dogs all the time. Dang, we're so PC in this country it's ridiculous.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Limbaugh should see my neighbors wifes ass when she's flopping around in the mud cleaning clams. :singing: she looks like a f-cking water buffalo.
  12. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who cares what Rush says? He's a political commentator who thrives on ratings and what drives ratings?

Spare us your righteous indignation and simply turn off the mighty wurlitzer for a change.
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

If you have to ask that question you wouldn't understand, comparing a woman to taking care of a cat is patently offensive.. BTW I listen to EEI all of the time, but not during the 6-10 slot or during the late PM slot.

You need to put this into context, Rush is used by GWB, DC and the top dogs in the Republican Party to promote their message.. in fact all of them plus many others have appeared on their show to promote what they believe in. To say this is ok with me, as all it does is disenfranchise more women voters against the GOP... keep pissing off their voting base, the more times the better.
  14. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If GJ should 'spare us his righteous indignation' why shouldn't you spare us yours?
  15. Lichtenstein

Lichtenstein Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why come to a football forum to point out men offend women. We all know that. The glaring difference is when clinton sexually haresses an unpaid college intern it's somehow not offensive to women!! Go figure.
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Says who??? Not that it makes any difference, but I think Monica graduated.
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I agree more with Real World on this. While it may be offensive to women, many media references to men are offensive to me as a man - especially all those kid shows that depict dada or men as bumbling idiots who care about nothing other than drinking beer and watching sports ... well, OK, that's all I care about today, but...

Point is, we all need to lighten up. I know plenty of women who enjoy living high on the hog - if you'd pardon the expression- at the cost of their man's labor, as long as the guy gets sex, beer and sports, everyone's happy. In every stereotype, there's a certain amount of truth
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Nothing Clinton did was offensive to women, it wasn't just Monica the grinning lip biting bastard left a whole trail of abused women behind him, I wonder how Chelsea felt when she learned of what a "whore monger" he was, and still the females swoon and play with themselves when they see the hill billy a$s hole.

Where Was The Feminist Movement When Billy Blue Dress Pinned Kathleen Wiley Up Against The Wall And Started To Feel Her Up While Her Husband Was On His Death Bed, Then He Had Her Cat Killed To Shut Her Up.

The Feminists Lost All Their Credibility When Jerk Off Billy Came Along.

Rush Limbaugh, well now, thats another story, how dare he say anything bad about women, hang him.

Ann Coulter is going to give a speech, like hell she is, we won't tolerate that, get the pies out comrades.
    :rocker: "yup"
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Dude, I got one word for you, SHEEPLE. If you don't like what Rush said, don't listen. What he said was perfectly ok. You only care because you hate Rush. Why do you hate Rush? Cuz he is not a Democrat. If Al Franken said the same thing, you'd have been laughing all afternoon.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I just think we're becoming overly PC in this country. I think some of the "tongue in cheek" comments made on TV, or radio, are being twisted into some kind of evil diatribe. We need to relax is all. When a guy like Rush Limbaugh says something like he did, should we be surprised? Is it good that he said that? No. But does he have every right to say it? Absolutely. Like Wistah said, should I be offended by any of the beer companies commercials? Should women? Those commercials are worse than what Ruch said. Thing is, who cares? Now if a person of importance said them, and said them seriously, then I'd be concerned.