Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rush Limbaugh attacked Michael J. Fox

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Oct 26, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

Rush is a goon. He's a party stooge. I just can't listen to idiots like Rush who blindly support one party regardless of the specific issue and criticize any opposition. Rush is a goon.

As for Fox, I saw his ad, pretty touchy. I know little about the amendment he is supporting, but it was tough to watch him bobbing as he talked. Anyhow, I was moved by it, although I no nothing about the issue. It seems that the issue is controvertial since a number of pro athletes and actors quickly posted an ad to counter Fox's. To me, for famous people to quickly counter a suffering, likeable man like Fox, says that maybe there is more there (with the issue) than the public was being led to believe.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't see what the big deal is. If you put yourself in the public forum by doing a political ad then you get reaction from both sides. Deal with it. If he didn't want to be attacked he shouldn't have made the ad. His choice. He was free to make the ad, others are free to comment on it. I've never seen the ad, I have no interest in some guy being on TV unable to control himself.
  5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +283 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Regarding the issue, we in CA approved some monster multi Billion dollar Embronic Stem Cell research thing last year. Let's go, if this is really the cure all let's start seeing some actual results.
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +283 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I've never seen you either but I think I have a pretty good idea . . .
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Michael Fox is a big boy he knew what he was doing, if Michael wants to dance he has to pay the fiddler, politics is a nasty business.

(The democrats are using him just as they use Cindy Sheehan, they try to play the Sympathy Role)

Limbaugh was stupid, he jumped right into the "Sore Losers Trap" this new breed of democrat are a rotten bunch of bastards and they will do anything to win and destroy Bush.

Wake up Micahel, Skank Pelosi and her gang of haters are using you.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

[​IMG]

:D

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

ANYONE who thinks what he said had any validity is a hater.

However....he is probably the expert on knowing when someone is taking medication or not.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I'd be more in favor of voting for stem cell research after watching M. Fox and knowing others who have fallen to this devastating desease, then to listen to a right-wing christian (Kurt Warner) talk about science.
  12. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

There is a difference between Michael J. Fox and Kurt Warner.

Michael J. Fox has the disease while Kurt Warner does not.

That is also the difference between Cindy Sheehan and Sean Hannity.

Cindy Sheehan lost her son in Iraq while Sean Hannity's children are alive.

It is easy to give an opinion if your life or the life of your children is not at stake.

What I would like to find out is what will Kurt Warner's reaction be if one of his children has an incurable cancer or is afflicted with Lou Gehrig disease.

13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Kurt Warner really is a gigantic bozo; but there is one good thing about him talking. Nobody can ever say that Sean Penn is the biggest celebro-moron in existence.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

What I'm really glad about is that Kurt Warner was pissed off that we have to wait 15 years for a cure! Thanks Kurt for being patient.

Thats way too long....why should we even bother researching cures for deadly diseases...if its going to take almost 2 decades!

on the real:
    I still think, to this day, that Willie McG knocked a few screws loose during the Pats superbowl victory.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If you think in terms of his career, it really is a long time. Its like 7 Warner careers altogether.
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

Thats what's wrong with this country. People see an ad and then make up their mind about an issue. Do you know the ins and outs of both arguements? Do you know what the amendment would mean exactly? Or are you acting on impulse, on an immidiate emotional tug? People need to educate themselves before making up their minds and voting. When I saw the MJ Fox ad I truly felt bad. It does tug at the heart. The next day when I read about, and saw the counter ad, I was interested in why fellow celebrities would be so quick to argue to the contrary. It made me want to learn more, and not cast an ignorant vote. I still don't know what the ramifications are of the amendment. All I know is that I would learn about them before I voted either way.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

My brother has Multiple Sclerosis. He's a disabled vet to boot. My brother opposes stem cell research. Does that mean that everyone shouldn't vote for stem cell research?

See, whereas I understand, and truly feel for those who suffer, the answer isn't as simple as it seems. Just as I may be pro-life, I don't want people to show a shop-vac'd fetus and say this is abortion in the hopes it's outlawed. People need to learn all the facts, all the angles, and then they need to make up their mind. I want people to make informed, intelligent decisions. I'm relatively ignorant to the issue of Stem Cell research. Everytime I think I've got it down, some new study or politician makes a claim that confuses me. There clearly are ethical questions that need to be considered, but the potential benefits should also not be ignored.
  18. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Its like this: if you have no idea wtf you are talking about on a subject, it might be wise to avoid opening a debate on it. You are free to do so, but then you are also free to make an absolute idiot out of yourself.

Now, how many blastocysts were discarded today that may have saved lives if the chuckleheads weren't so anti-science? Probably 10,000 or more in fertility clinics all across the nation.

Quick Kurt, its time for you to go out and save all those babies before its too late!! Start petitioning to have in vitro fertilization banned permanently.

See how far that gets you.
  19. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What if it is your brother's child who has multiple sclerosis?

Would that change his mind?

20. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

a noticeable pattern by the Republican party when they are in trouble:

A) attack a guy with Parkinsons
    B) Put on a racist ad in Tennessee
    C) start rallying the troops on Same -sex marriage issue again, a winner in 2004.

like the true bully's they are. I wouldnt count on a Democratic victory just yet, as we learned in 1988 and 2004 they will say and do anything to find the worst common denominator in americans and tap into that to win elections, and it usually works.