Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rupert Murdoch is the Problem in America

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Feb 1, 2011.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Yup ... this is the conclusion of Bill Keller NYT executive editor

Keller on Murdoch - On Media - POLITICO.com

Now if only Americans could think for themselves of what a wonderful country it would be right Louis?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

God Bless Rupert Murdoch for throwing a Fox monkey wrench in the works. Do I buy everything I see on his network? Ummm no. Do I love the counterbalance for the eurocentric progressive press that nbc, especially, but cbs and disney too, present? Hells yeah!!!

And Judge Napolitano and Stossel are dead nuts on. Watch them and learn.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

Most have an angle or agenda when it comes to the news. For the most part anyway. The key is to get the proper balance, as well as to educate yourself on the issue(s), and then make a judgement for yourself. I laugh when people who have been slanting news for decades point a finger at Fox as being the problem. As if it's they, and only they, who pimp a certain perspective when reporting. The only thing the existence of FOX has done is level the playing field.

4. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +794 / 6 / -9

Not really. Fox is unique as a "media" outlet, as it essentially advances and directly promotes the interests of the Republican party. There is no analogue for a similar outlet that relentlessly promotes the interests of the Democratic party.

If you're looking for GOP talking points, than Fox News is a terrific source. If you care about educating yourself on issues and current events, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  5. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

To narrow America's problems (even media problems) to Rupert Murdoch is a joke. But then again, it's just an editorial.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

For years we had to sit each night and listen to Brokaw, Jennings, Rather and Cronkite, what they fed us was all we knew now we hear everything, now we know all the little things the Cronkite crowd didn't want to tell us and that has driven the Left Wing Media and it's followers insane.

Internet
    Drudge
    Cable News
    FOX NEWS
    Talk Radio
    Freedom Of The Press
    Freedom Of Speech (for everybody)
    All of the above has ended the days of The Left Wing Media controlling our lives and our thoughts, that scares the sh!t out of Loonville.

:bricks:

7. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

I haven't read the whole thing -- b/c I'm not sure there's any point -- but in the intial post he was cited as saying "to some extent" -- that means the Murdoch isn't the problem, he's part of it.

That's debatable, too, but it's very different and at least more reasonable.

8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Chris Matthews
    Ed Schultz
    Lawrence O'Donnell
    Rachael Maddow

You're kidding, those are all DNC operatives.

9. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +794 / 6 / -9

Nah.

If you ever watched their programming, you'd know better.

10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

So you think they're down the middle?

11. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey I got some Ocean Front property in Arizona, I would love too sell you!

Fear is not learning, If I know one thing that is that all of them lie(NBC,ABC,CNN,FOX,CBS) to push their agenda.....

All of them are ran by the same people, rich and powerful.....the same people that run our country......strange aye???

The sheep flock in heards to Fox, cause if there is one thing in life that has stood the test of time, its FEAR! and people eat it up like a fat kid loves cake:rocker:

Your thanking God because you like other liars??? lol this is why we have a problems in USA.... All of them suck and I don't watch any of them, that's the right thing to do! You know how you can tell the lairs?? if they have something to gain(books,TV Ratings), 95% of the time they are liying, little food for thought for ya!

Now watch, every night everyone of them try to plug their book at then end of their show! Why???? Why does bill o'reilly every night tell us he's #1 in ratings??? WAKE THE **** UP!

The left is just as bad....their a little more subtle about it though. If your going to lie atleast be good at it and not so blunt like Fox.

12. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +794 / 6 / -9

Of course not, but they've all been vociferous in their criticisms of Obama and the Democrats.

13. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Oh, they're too far to the right for you? Look, I can admit I look at things through right leaning eyes but I can't for a minute look at those guys as anything but anti-republican. Which one of them do you think doesn't vote democrat the vast majority of the time?

14. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

I think he's saying that they're not mere "DNC operatives" given that they regularly criticize Obama and the Dems.

(Just because you don't fall in line with one party doesn't mean you must be on the other side -- e.g., too far to the right)

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

Dems criticizing dems, or pubs criticizing pubs, while still pimping the political agenda of their "side" isn't an example of impartiality though. If they were criticizing a position, while agreeing with the opposing party, then sure, I'd buy what some of you are selling. That's really not the case though. When a pol/party passes a legislation that embodies their agenda, and some in the press "criticize" it because it didn't embody more of their agenda, it's not impartial. For example, if I say "people criticized BOOOSH on Iraq in Fox" what good is that statement if the criticism was about troop levels, as opposed to the wisdom of invasion as a whole? So diehard leftists/rightists anchors on a station criticizing a lefty/righty pol for not being left/right enough, isn't really the type of criticism that points to unbiased, non agenda driven, impartial reporting.

16. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

I don't think anybody claimed they're impartial.

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

Point being?

18. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

? exactly what I said

19. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I love Fox for their counterpoint. Its not that I agree to anything in particular that any of their commentators say. I just love that they are out there saying it. Its an embrace of the first ammendment. They have the guts to go out there every day and piss all over NBC, the New York Times, and the other media. That is the definition of fair and balanced. Not what they say, but the fact they say it in opposition to the progressive traditional media.

I do faithfully watch the Judge every night at 8.:p

Fox Business. Judge Napolitano. Freedom Watch. :D

O'Reilly is a neocon and out of touch. Change the channel and learn.

20. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +280 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Social Scientist Sees Bias Within