Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rupert Murdoch Endorses Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, May 10, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/10/nyregion/10hillary.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

[​IMG]

What's in a Murdoch-Clinton Alliance?

By ANNE E. KORNBLUT
    Published: May 10, 2006

WASHINGTON, May 9 — Strengthening a pragmatic rapprochement, Rupert Murdoch has agreed to give a fund-raiser this summer for Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, the latest sign of cooperation between the conservative media mogul and the Democratic lawmaker who has often been a prime target of his newspaper and television outlets.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

All you "Left Wingers" don't ever trust this women (Hillary) she blows with the wind.
    Hillary is for Hillary, she jumps back and forth over the fence depending on where she thinks she will get a little support.

Liberals that think Hillary is going to stand by them had better think again.

She has no loyalty, she would be a very dangerous person to have the power of being the President, she would sell America down the drain in a heartbeat if she thought it would be to her advantage.

HILLARY IS LOYAL ONLY TO HILLARY.

WE DON'T WANT HER, YOU CAN HAVE HER :rocker:
  3. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Murdoch backs winners. It's as simple as that. He often switches his support in the UK between Labour and Conservative, depending on who he thinks is going to win. I have to say that, from everything I have read, he is wrong to back her if he thinks she is going to win.
  4. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I am not sure about that.

Remember, all she need is just to convince 50,000 folks from Ohio to change their votes and she is the President of the United States.

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -26

Along with getting rid of the Diebold machines, the Florida GOP connection the Dems could win, I don't like Hillary though...
  6. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

That's true of most politicians. And by most, I'm talking north of 80%. While I'm not a big fan of Hillary, were she to get the nomination, I'd most likely vote for her. I can't say that the likely GOP candidates are appealing to me. If by some chance Jeb Bush is the next president, I will be moving to Canada. I can't abide another 8 years of a Bush monarchy. If he gets the chance to do to the country what he's done to Florida, it's all over for Democracy as we know it.
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +396 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I heard that promise from dozens of Democrats in 2004 if W won and guess what . . . they're all still here.
  8. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

My wife wasn't on board then. She regrets it now.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I agree on this one, Jeb Bush turns my stomach and yes the great majority of Politicians are filthy untrustworthy back stabbing swine.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2005
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +396 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Well I don't think a Bush can win in 2008 so you're making a safe bet. I think the Republican nominee will have a solid chance though.
  11. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I agree on both counts. In fact, I suspect the non-Bush Republican will win. Fear is a powerful motivational tool, and I think the majority of Americans can still be persuaded by buzz words like "9/11", "A-Q", and "taxes".
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

The Republican nominee will have a chance, a very good one, even with polls against this President the American people DO NOT want a Kerry/Gore/Hillary or any other "weak mushy liberal" America is at war and will be for a long time.
    The war is the most important factor this country faces today and a Far Left Liberal cannot be trusted to fight a war, they don't have the courage or will to fight, all they are good at is PANDERING AND WHINING.

The Republicans are going to have to find a good one though or they very well could lose it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2005
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

So I guess a voter just can't disagree with what democrats stand for? So someone has to be in fear to vote for a republican? What if you believe in cutting spending, lowering taxes, social security reform and strong defense. Now we no the current republican admin hasn't done half of that, but you know for a fact that a democrat will not not do 3 out of those 4(I am not going say that they wouldn't have a strong defense). We have different opinions on how the government should run, and we will vote accordingly, but surely not out of fear.
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +396 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Yeah, Taxes isn't just a buzz word. It's actually money they're taking from us. Some people around here seem to forget that.
  15. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

what ever happened to the terror alerts , no use for them now.
  16. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I'm not suggesting all voters, I'm suggesting enough voters to give the edge to the Republicans. It happened last time. I forgot to add "Gay Marriage" to the buzzwords.

Are you suggesting that it's NOT Republican strategy to try to make voters believe that if a Democrat is elected, A-Q will attack again? Dick Cheney said those exact words. Or if a Democrat is elected we'll have gay men parading arm in arm from Austin to Cleveland? There were pamplets distributed with the voter information in West Virginia saying exactly that.

Yes, of course some people, tens of millions, believe that Republicans represent the better model of government. But those people don't decide the election, they'll vote for the Republican candidate every time.

I will agree that a Democrat will not lower taxes or cut services. Nor should they. They tend to look a bit into the future and realize that spending 20 billion dollars a month with no offsetting income is ridiculous. Most high schoolers can see that. Alan Greenspan saw that. "I'm firmly against the tax-and-spend model, but I'm even more firmly against the don't-tax-and-spend model. that's silly" (disclaimer, quote may not be 100% accurate, but it's darn close)

I guess in your view, the financing of wars isn't considered government spending. How can you be in favor of continuing the war AND cutting spending?
    Last edited: May 11, 2006
  17. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

So what, many people are against gay marriage and don't need a politician or some interest group to tell them why. Why did it pass by a pretty decent majority, even in states that Kerry won(Oregon)?

In my opinion this war should be financed with Iraqi oil.
  18. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Because it's not a partisan issue. There are many democratic politicians against gay marriage and many republicans who don't care one way or the other. Do you believe that if Kerry won the election, the U.S. would be overrun by gay couples parading around any more than they do now? It's a scare tactic.

But it's not. In fact, not only are WE paying for the war, we have to pay more for crude for that honor. We don't own the Iraqi oil. It was supposed to pay for the post-war reconstruction. We'll see.

Since this war is being fought for OUR benefit (stop terrorism), why shouldn't it be funded by the US taxpayer? Why should somebody else foot the bill for us?
  19. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

So than how does it benefit the republican, as you said in the earlier post?

No but I believe that Kerry would of made gays have more political power and that will eventually lead them to try to convince us next that pedophilia is ok, and than you will get the "closed door argument".
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Many "Far Lefties" already sympathize with the Pedophile.