PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Running Up The Score

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "no-mercy" Belichick is a myth.

KC loudly pronounced that they were not yet ready to throw in the towel when they called their timeouts, so . . . a discussion about "running up the score" is utterly irrelevent.

KC loudly pronounced that they were not yet ready to throw in the towel when they called their timeouts, so . . . a discussion about "running up the score" is utterly irrelevent.

...Unless you have a clue.

sweep-the-leg.jpg

Get a box of these....

Clues.jpg

Down by 25+ points in garbage time there wasn't much left for Palko to learn by sending him back out there by using the TO's, except maybe Carter's shoe size.

Thanks coach.

Letter to Scott Pioli:

Fire Todd Haley

Bull. And we beat this to death in '07.

BB himself said: "Would you rather we kick a field goal?" That pretty much sums up his feelings on the matter. If he were laying on the throttle for the full 60 minutes, it is evident he would take the chip-shot field goal before running it on 4th and goal from the 7.

Letter to A-Tip...I ran up the score on your sister....oops...sorry brau..:woohoo:

"Look. We're trying to play situational football, here."

The offense struggled mightily at times, not just tonight, but over the past 4 or 5 games.

How are they going to continue to try and get better, iron out their wrinkles, and adjust to what looks they're getting if they don't continue to play in gametime situations?

Bingo! In this instance it is pragmatism. Vereen is a high draft pick whose potential needs to be determined (his college performance suggests he has significant potential). He has seen no regular season football yet we just allowed Vereen to get his feet wet in a real game situation without exposing the team to possible defeat. Whoever thinks we should forgo that infrequent opportunity for the sake of the opposition's feelings lacks the best interests of the team.

If proper etiquette demands getting off the field and turning out the lights because the game is effectively over, shouldn't it be incumbent on the losing side to not call timeouts late in the game? The Chiefs were using their timeouts late, I assume, because they wanted to get additional time in for Palko. Good for the Chiefs to be thinking long term. Why shouldn't the victor be allowed the same forward thinking logic?

Letter to A-Tip...I ran up the score on your sister....oops...sorry brau..:woohoo:
Sorry but the Kansas City Chefs are not my team. By the way, the Kansas City Chefs dessert du jour was punt return allowed for a touchdown.

Hey...I go a picture of Haley's comet...hang on.....
.OK...found it....

comet.jpg

Hey...I go a picture of Haley's comet...hang on.....
.OK...found it....

comet.jpg
That will certainly assist Todd Haley in his next job .... cleaning public lavatories.

hey I mean if Brady wants to put up 8 tds its not like I care...........I may only have him on my fantasy team ;)

Bull. And we beat this to death in '07.

BB himself said: "Would you rather we kick a field goal?" That pretty much sums up his feelings on the matter. If he were laying on the throttle for the full 60 minutes, it is evident he would take the chip-shot field goal before running it on 4th and goal from the 7.

It's a pretty simple concept, but evidently beyond your processing capacity. :blush:

So I'll spell it out for you:

1 ~ At NO point did I presume to state what Coach Bill's position on this was.

2 ~ I merely stated my OWN position on this.

And I guess I and the rest of us will feel free to open up a philosophical debate any time we like, even if you think that it's "utterly irrelevant." :snob:

I mean: if that's OK with you!! :rofl:

You know who is running up the score? (and his new contract)

Untitled-3.png

:D

The folks over on the Chiefs board are not complaining about this. The talking heads needed something to say after the 2 TD flurry that put the Chiefs away in the third quarter.

Chiefs fans are complaining about scoring 3 points on "the worst defense in the NFL." They went into the game excited about a new QB against the Pats DBs.

Thanks to the Chiefs, the Patriots moved up to 10th in the NFL in points allowed.

Pretty confident that Dennis and Callahan will show some concern, they always do.. they are the leaders of the "yeah but crowd"....

The Chiefs are supposed to stop the Patriots, and the Patriots are supposed to play to the whistle.. much ado about nothing.

Seeing Vereen out there in real time, was a good thing..

Bingo! In this instance it is pragmatism. Vereen is a high draft pick whose potential needs to be determined (his college performance suggests he has significant potential). He has seen no regular season football yet we just allowed Vereen to get his feet wet in a real game situation without exposing the team to possible defeat. Whoever thinks we should forgo that infrequent opportunity for the sake of the opposition's feelings lacks the best interests of the team.

If proper etiquette demands getting off the field and turning out the lights because the game is effectively over, shouldn't it be incumbent on the losing side to not call timeouts late in the game? The Chiefs were using their timeouts late, I assume, because they wanted to get additional time in for Palko. Good for the Chiefs to be thinking long term. Why shouldn't the victor be allowed the same forward thinking logic?

BB wanted to get Vereen and Price some reps, hard cheese.

FWIW, I had to work :(, so I heard the end of it on the radio.

Anyhow: Boomer was talking about this, and he said (paraphrasing) that the Chiefs brought it on themselves by calling timeouts.

It's true - they used all their timeouts. Why should we kneel and give them the ball back?

On keeping players in: I think it was MoLewisRocks who pointed out last night that the final drive was essentially an opportunity to get in some padded practice time — which is so restricted by the new CBA.

For the wide margin of victory the offense wasn't particularly crisp last night, so I can see they were working on things. And adding in Vereen, Cannon and Price with essentially the 1s helped give a much better sense of how they'd work with Brady and Co. Hated to see Light go down but football players gotta play football.

This is essentially what I'd like to see the rest of the year with this "league's easiest schedule." Get a nice lead then practice some situational stuff that will make you stronger in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back