PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Running Back Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish that Maroney was not traded?

Different kind of back, different skill set. Wouldn't have mattered. The only concern is lack of depth: Maroney couldn't step into Faulk's role.

The aformentioned Mewelde Moore, who unfortunately is not available, would have been a more desirable replacement.

BTW why are you bumping every thread you see? Take it easy.

Last edited:
Woodhead is the only guy like Faulk - can run, good hands, jitterbug and can possibly block due to his stout lower body. Remember that Woodhead has been in the NFL 2 years already - this is his third year - so maybe the light is coming on.

I think the plan was to bring in Danny Woodhead and let him learn the system and develop with Kevin Falk as a great mentor. Unfortunately, it looks like with the injury he will be thrown into the fire much earlier than the ideal plan. It will be hard. He is extremely intelligent so let's hope he is a very quick study in learning the plays and getting into a brand new offense. I've seen him block effectively on some blitzers that looked like they should just kill him when they hit him and didn't. I think he has worked very hard on that part of the game. Wishing him the very best of luck.

Hello All.. First time poster so take it easy on me..

Need some help..

Which RB do you think is going to get more carries/yards this week against the Bills... F.Taylor of BGE?

I'm thinking Taylor's toe may limit him, but I don't want to sit F.Taylor if he is gonna be the starting back.

Please Help.

in my opinion Lawfirm will get the bulk.....

expect more TE passing situations..... Pats will air it out a lot... even despite the Bills Secondary.:cool:

Need some help..

Which RB do you think is going to get more carries/yards this week against the Bills... F.Taylor of BGE?

I'm thinking Taylor's toe may limit him, but I don't want to sit F.Taylor if he is gonna be the starting back.

Please Help.

Fred Taylor will get more yards.

Need some help..

Please Help.

Taylor was on WEEI and said that he felt pretty good, so let's hope that means that he'll be healthy for the game.

No running game is why the offense is si predictable in the second half. the best weapon you can get for Brady and the defense is a running game.

I think BJGE got a lot of carries the 1st two games partly because he was being rewarded for his work ethic (sounds like he worked hard in TC even though he came in 5th on the depth chart), and partly because BB was trying to limit Morris's carries due to age and wanted him to be fresh later in the season.

Morris is best suited to take over Faulk's role (and should IMO), so I think we'll be seeing basically a two man RBBC with Fred Taylor and BJGE :eek:
Although how gret would it be if Woodhead could become the fast, elusive homerun threat that we are sorely missing now?

Last edited:
Wish that Maroney was not traded?
Would have made ZERO difference other than another RB on the roster

Its not like he has made a difference in any games the past 4 years,why would it be different now?

Maroney moves up the roster this weekend vs. the Colts as 2nd in line behind Buckhalter since Knowshon Moreno is out.

Last edited:
There will be lot of threads on the health and aviolability of either Taylor or Morris before lots of games.

Taylor was on WEEI and said that he felt pretty good, so let's hope that means that he'll be healthy for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down