PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Running Back Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry johnson was just cut. Don't know what the deal is, attitude or what, but when I saw him play this year he was still running hard.

If this guy has changed his attitude, he could be a good Antowain Smith type for us.

Larry johnson was just cut. Don't know what the deal is, attitude or what, but when I saw him play this year he was still running hard.

If this guy has changed his attitude, he could be a good Antowain Smith type for us.

that may work in Madden, but I'd rather stick with the guys who have been through the offseason program and don't have a troubled past.

Larry Johnson is the kind of back, that could flourish with a good team in a good environment I have always liked him as a solid RB. Dont know what, actually, happened to him.

I'm not saying he's the answer, but I'd love to see the Pats take a flyer on Larry Johnson. He's exaclty the type of big, downhill runner the team needs right now imo. He would be a reclamation project for sure, but then again, so was Corey Dillon. :bricks:

I'm not saying he's the answer, but I'd love to see the Pats take a flyer on Larry Johnson. He's exaclty the type of big, downhill runner the team needs right now imo. He would be a reclamation project for sure, but then again, so was Corey Dillon. :bricks:

Dillon appeared to have more left in the tank at that point in his career than Johnson does today. Blame Sperm Edwards for running his wheels off.

IMHO, if anyone lines up in the backfield it will be Hernandez, not Edelman.

Only if the coaches feel sure about his blocking. As of today, I don't know if they do.

He's not available according to the folks in Buffalo.

I'd rather have McGahee..

How do you feel about Brandon Jacobs, and what would be the max you would trade to get him?

How do you feel about Brandon Jacobs, and what would be the max you would trade to get him?

I take it you haven't watched Brandon Jacobs lately...

You're not impressed by a guy who throws his helmet into the crowd out of frustration? I fully expect him to "fap" on the sideline when he scores a TD.

Geez... you're a tough one Kontra ;).

IMHO, if anyone lines up in the backfield it will be Hernandez, not Edelman.

This was my first reaction. He's been OK blocking on the line, blitz pick-up is unknown, but you would think he could get it. He's always open, so he must have some quicks. Kind of reminds me of Andy Johnson (?) FB, 3rd down guy in the 80's.

He's not available according to the folks in Buffalo.

I'd rather have McGahee..

I've wanted the Patriots to get McGahee since the year he got drafted by the Bills. He would be the best RB this team has had since Dillon in his prime.

Unfortunately I'm sure the Ravens know this and would rather keep him.

I think Lynch would be the best on-field option, but I think:

1) He would cost more the BB would likely want to pay, although with some extra early picks it could happen

2) His off-field history is not clean...or even cleanish.

3) Would the Bills trade him within the division?

We could also see Thomas Clayton come back since he should know the offense...but he'd be providing depth on 1st and 2nd downs and let Sammy focus on third.

The Steelers don't seem to be using Mewelde Moore that much, so maybe he could be had, or the Bears' Garrett Wolfe.

As I said in another thread, if he can be had for something reasonable, I think Willis McGahee could be useful. 109 carries for 544 yards last year shows he can play in a committee. Can run with power between the tackles and get tough yardage. My friends who are Ravens fans say his blocking is underrated but I'm not convinced.

The Ravens are Super Bowl contenders.

How in the name of God can you imagine that they'd trade McGahee??

The Ravens are Super Bowl contenders.

How in the name of God can you imagine that they'd trade McGahee??

But the Ravens lost last week and are 1-1. Isn't their season over just like the Pats' is?

Let me see...

* Morris can't catch...

* Green can't run...

* Taylor can't last...

Yup.

Woodhead is a long shot...But I would say he is currently our best shot.

Pretty scary.

In other words: We should've had Faulk's replacement on the roster and mastering the job at least a YEAR ago. :mad:

Dillon appeared to have more left in the tank at that point in his career than Johnson does today.

Blame Sperm Edwards for running his wheels off.

Yep.

416 Carries.

What an A Hole. :mad:

Woodhead is the only guy like Faulk - can run, good hands, jitterbug and can possibly block due to his stout lower body. Remember that Woodhead has been in the NFL 2 years already - this is his third year - so maybe the light is coming on.

The only guy that we have that can replace Faulk partially is Woodhead, but who knows how long before he can prove that he can block.

Sweet post.

He was injured last year, so maybe he's just starting to come around. Add to that the story that he wants out of the NYG, and maybe he can be had on the cheap (late-round pick).

He was injured last year, so maybe he's just starting to come around. Add to that the story that he wants out of the NYG, and maybe he can be had on the cheap (late-round pick).

I really wouldn't take him for anything more than a 7th. He looks just like a big running back who has had his legs targeted far too many times for tackles nowadays. Isn't even really that good on short yardage situations. He could be a good lead blocker, though.

The Steelers don't seem to be using Mewelde Moore that much, so maybe he could be had, or the Bears' Garrett Wolfe.

I really liked Mewelde Moore before the 2004 draft, and had hoped that Bill would've used his early 4th-rounder on him (my 2nd choice was Michael Turner). I think that he would be an outstanding replacement for Faulk; I just don't see the Squealers ever trading him to us, however, at least not without a severe over-payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes