Welcome to PatsFans.com

Running Back at 28

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by kencc, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kencc

kencc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have felt right along that we would address defense with our 2 first rd picks, but with Bush & Henry having visits I am thinking a young backup for Maroney would be a good pick here . Most every year we have a surprise on draft day, & a lot of fans are disappointed. I know it will come down to best available I think quite a few teams seem to have LB & DB needs & at 28 it may be a reach for who is left on the board.
  2. biffman

biffman Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I will be extremely disappointed with any running back at 28.
  3. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

That would be an extreme reach at #28 and many fans including myself would be disapointed. There won't be any value at running back by the time the Pats pick at #28. If good DB's are available, the Pats won't hesitate to take them.
  4. chowder

chowder Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If Lynch fell to 28, I wouldn't hesitate to take him. I love Henry's size and speed but I don't know why he wasn't more productive in college. Henry strikes me as being a high risk to be one of those workout warriors who fails in the pros but I wouldn't mind taking a risk on him in like round 3 or lower since he has so much upside with his measurables.
  5. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -2

De-fense! De-fense!
  6. kencc

kencc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't get me wrong here I am not recommending it. I also feel defense is our biggest need , just a gut feel. Henry would be a reach Bush a slight reach but they have been known to reach at times, if they like someone.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

That is such a dumb idea that I am fairly certain the Pats will do it, and by a week from now it will be brilliant.

That is, I can not for the life of me see a RB being that valuable; but then again, if you get good value for the pick, the Pats will pick at a position that's stocked to the gills. RB is pretty solid for the Pats -- but then again, that's never the sole determinent of a BB/SP pick.

Who knows? I would be disappointed if this came to pass as well... but then again, that's why they're pulling down the tall cakes.

PFnV
  8. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

I would be extremely pleased to see a Revis, Leonard and Gattis as our 1st day draft picks.
  9. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Bush and Henry are 3rd rounders at best.

..we'll take a RB but not in round 1
  10. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

why Leonard? explain to me what he has that Patrick Pass didnt..what Morris-Faulk-Evans dont have?

He wants to be a runner. At Combine..he tested well besides positional drills where he didnt have the quickness like the other RBs..he didnt look smooth.

as a FB hes not a great blocker..hes undersized since he lost a lot of weight. Forget him at FB. as a RB..he has good hands but so does Faulk..so does Morris..who also brings ST value.
  11. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

BUSH or HENRY at 28? That's laughable.
  12. GoWesleyan

GoWesleyan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd condone Lynch at 24 if he fell, but none of the other non-Petersons in the first.
  13. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -3

I'm confident we'll see a RB selected but not at 28. If they trade down either of the 1st 2 picks I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2nd round pick go to a RB.

Nothing would surprise me anymore though and I won't second guess BB - just as long as BB doesn't use all his top pics on TEs.
  14. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

why? Lynch is similar to Maroney..that doesnt help our offense really having 2 guys with same style. You want 2 guys that bring 2 different skill sets, change of pace..a powerful guy would be nice like Tony Hunt

plus Lynch has had troubles with attitude. Supposivly beat his girlfriend..has/had back problems..a little immature?(took the Cal golf cart and drove it around in cirlces after a victory..funny but a sign of immaturity a bit?)
  15. LA Pats Fan

LA Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I agree in that they will not be considered as first round pick.
    But, If the Patriots Trade down into the second round, and pick up a High 3rd rounder as well, I could see them as possibilites.

This is classic Patriot work - cover all contingencies -

Be Prepared for any situation
  16. Gon_Trevil

Gon_Trevil Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What gives you the feeling that the Pats will use a 1st round pick to draft a backup RB? It's not like they're planning to implement a weird 2 HB set.
  17. GoWesleyan

GoWesleyan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

GI want to make sure we have an awesome running back in the playoffs, and I think Lynch is going to be really good. Two running backs seems to be a good idea (http://www.startribune.com/101/story/948464.html) Ball control, time of possession, a grinding clock killing ground game to complement a potent passing attack.

Kevin Faulk is 31 years old.

I like screens.

If both Maroney and Lynch are equally awesome we could trade one of them at the end of the year for a first (like trading into next year, but using the player in the meantime.)
  18. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Rhodes and Addai were kinda similar. Neither one of those guys are power backs but they're not scat backs either.

No charges were filed.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/01/29/state/n163031S33.DTL

Ellis Hobbs is also a little immature. I still want him on this team.
  19. patriotsdynasty12189

patriotsdynasty12189 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Laurence Maroney Omg Did You Guys Forget We Used A First Rounder Last Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'd be ok with taking Lynch at 24. Not thrilled, but ok with it. I can't see them taking another RB in R1 other than him.

And can I just have a Holy **** moment ....

KEVIN FAULK IS 31???!!!

I had no idea. That being the case, I'd actually be more than fine with Lynch.

Sure, he and Maroney are similar, but think of him as a Faulk replacment. Only hopefully a much better Faulk.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.