Run attempts vs. pass attempts %

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score

(so far this year)

Run attempts -- 318

(I did not include Vinny Testaverde kneel down which in the stats showed as a rushing attempt, nor did I include Brady's kneel downs and scrambles -- as they weren't designed offensive plays). I did include WR reverses as rushing attempts.

Passing attempts -- 367

So that means of 685 plays (318 + 367), we threw 54% of the time, and ran 46% of the time.

Rushing attempts -- 401
Passing attempts -- 564

So that means of 965 plays (401 + 564), we threw 59% of the time, and ran 41% of the time.

Rushing attempts -- 476
Passing attempts -- 485

So that means of 961 plays (476 + 485), we threw 51% of the time, and ran 49% of the time.

Rushing attempts -- 428
Passing attempts -- 537

So that means of 965 plays (428 + 537), we threw 56% of the time, and ran 44% of the time.

Last edited:
You stats are a little misleading, different team require different tactics. Against Minnesota, pass was the best option, against the Colts I think they should run first, second and throw in a run with the pass just to keep them off guard. Until the Colts prove you can't run against them, getting into a shoot-out is a bad idea. Baltimore, just the opposite, short pass, swing pass, run to keep them honest, deep pass. So some games you'd have more passas and others you'd have more runs

Last edited:
I think you meant to say 'we threw 54% and ran 46% for 2006'. :D

My gut reaction is that it is disappointing that we are not 50-50 this year with two solid RBs as well as a struggling pass attack.

Sure would have enjoyed running against the Colts. They stuffed Maroney, but Dillon could have been more involved, and Faulk less. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we will decide to be more balanced down the stretch. In my opinion, anyway.

Right you are ... its the other way around, we threw 54% and ran 46%. I edited the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back