Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rumsfeld resigns

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

...according to CNN, MSNBC, FOX, and the AP

Bob Gates, former head of the CIA and current president of Texas A&M University, has be tapped as new Secretary of Defense.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Man....

This is like Christmas!

So.....Does he get a medal of Freedom?

3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I had a hunch that's what the big 1:00 PM announcement would be... I don't see what the point is though... that's what's called fixing the barn door after the horses have all escaped...

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

Well. it's about time. I felt he should have gone a long time ago. Had GW had sense he'd have canned him months ago and saved himself some base voters. Instead he was his stubborn old self and cost himself the Senate (I think the House was good as gone for the most part). Rummy was a Cold War dinosaur and should have left right after the fall of Baghdad.

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its getting difficult to not be giddy here. This is better than when Ashcroft resigned.

Ding dong the wicked witch is dead!!!!

6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is the nail in the neo-con coffin. Now will someone please kick that Bill Kristol to the curb with the trash where he belongs. Cheney, a hanger on at this point, has now been delegated the next whipping boy.

People, it doesn't get any better than this. Democracy is a wonderful thing.

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

speaking of Bill Kristol.....

did anyone catch him on FOX 'news' last night during the results show? You could see the sinking look in his face as the numbers were coming in.

His dream of the New American century just turned into a nightmare.

and I like the term Neo-con Coffin.....lets shorten it to "Neo-Coffin"

8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I can't resist!
    I'm breaking in for a bit here. How y'all been?

This is all very serious when you think about it:

So Bush has this war that he suckered us all into going along with.

Rummy was the genius behind the game-plan of the battle execution and post war policy of reconstruction, nation-building, whatever...

Rummy supposedly submitted his resignation a number of times but the moron refused it, saying he was the man he trusted who could run the ops in the Pentagon and in Iraq. That's what he told us at home, the guys on the front, our "enemies", the Iraqis, the rest of the government, and the entire world.

So what does this all mean? Here are some possibilities:
    1. Bush knew Rummy wasn?t the man for the job all along and that Bush was covering for a friend of the family.
    2. The idiot thought Rummy was doing a great job, but as of this morning he suddenly wasn?t.
    3. Rummy actually was doing a great job all along, but he suddenly came down with a mental disorder (last night).
    4. The ?Great Decider? is faking that he?s the leader of the greatest country to ever exist on the planet and doesn?t have a clue, but he thinks we?re all dumber than he is and so we won?t figure out that he?s full of Shiite.
    5. It was all an innocent mistake ? an error in judgment, if you will. Let?s move on.
    6. George W. Bush has seen the error of his ways and will be issuing an apology to the American people, ordering an immediate withdrawal, and submitting his resignation any day now.

Either way, it?s treasonous to a wide range of degrees. He better hope his people can pull the Virginia election out of their arses or the White House will be drowning in subpoenas.

9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wistah...welcome back! Best to you and your family.

I am hearing that Rummy was really Cheney's guy. Forget which show I heard that on today. This time, Bush finally broke with Cheney. For that I commend him.

The other thing that you have to consider here though is that Rummy was getting heat from within the military itself. The pressure from within was really well past that threshold. Its a shame that it took so long for this change to occur considering how much blood and treasure were lost in the interim.

ahah...Fineman http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15627055/site/newsweek/

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

Had the GOP held the House & Senate, Rummy would still have a job. The reason why Rummy was canned is simple. With the House in Dem hands, and the committee's to be run by them, they would have had Rummy on the stand and it would have gotten ugly. So the GOP felt it was better to move on. There is some talk that the GOP and the Dems have an agreement where if Rummy resigned the Dems wouldn't grill him on Iraq & such. We'll see come early 2007 if this is indeed the case.

Lots of hate in here for Bill Kristol. Where I don't agree with him on some issues, I do find him intelligent and to the point. When he speaks I like to listen. I tend to like individuals who are blunt, to the point, and not afraid to speak there mind. Whether you like what he says or not is another matter, but I like people like that because I know what there postions are.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +992 / 2 / -9

Rumsfeld is gone, good, nothing is forever.

Does anybody in America or in Washington, or in Auntie Pelosi's Vineyard know what the "Democrats Plan For Iraq Is" what is their solution (remember many of the lying bastards voted for the war)

What do they intend to do about TERRORISM, will our Airports be guarded, will we stop "looking in sneakers" will we stop offending Arabs by looking in their bags, will we stop watching our enemy because he has a beard.

Will the Muslim Terrorists now put their "Beheading Knives" and their "Bombs" away and get on their Donkeys and go home just because the "Democrats Now Rule The War"

How Will The Democrats Handle The Muslim Fanatic Savage, does anyone know?

What Is Auntie Pelosi's Plan To End The War, Does Anybody Know?

12. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Hate to break it to you buddy, but the President, the Neo Coffins, and the Republicans don't have a plan to end the war....that they started.

"auntie" Pelosi...has no power to stop a war, she can only stop funding (not gunna happen). The Democrats have no power of any policy in Iraq, GWB still does.

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +839 / 7 / -3

[​IMG]