PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumors of Pats interest in TE Desmond Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just eliminate the TE position from this team and be done with it. Seriously, every single guy we get either can't block or can't catch. Let's just stick an extra freakin' O-line guy in and focus on getting wide receivers and basing our offense on that.

I must admit i'd be satisified with alge, good protection and we don't utilise many routes for te's in any case.

We don't need to spend a high pick or lots of money on a te, not a priority right now.

We have other more pressing gaps and needs.

I'll say it again, move Aiken to the position, simples

Belichick is going to out Belichick'em all on this one.

He's going to draft an OT in round 2 and either Kaczur or Vollmer or the new guy

will occupy the TE blocking duties 3 tackles on the field with 1 checking in as

receiver eligible ... maybe catch a 3-5 yard dink or dunk here and there.;););)

Seriously ... why use a TE to block and not catch when a real tackle can do it better.

Last edited:
I just don't want to take a TE early in the draft after letting a perfectly capable Watson go. I am not saying we should have paid Watson what he got, but if we take a Gresham (not going to happen) we will have to pay more than what Ben got for a slightly abpve-average TE prospect, in my eyes. I am not a big Clark guy, but I don't see many superior options at the moment, nor do I want to invest a pick in Olsen, who isn't a legitimate TE at the line of scrimmage.
If they take a TE early in the draft, the Patriots officially have their priorities messed up.

If they take a TE early in the draft, the Patriots officially have their priorities messed up.

Well I hope Belichick reads your post before he makes a selection.

Just to point this out, this was not a link to a rumor... It was just a suggestion!

A pats fan called in about Olson.. Kirwan said the pats have no use for him because he doesn't fit their system and would cost to much.. No cost benefit.. and during the conversation Clarks name came up.. Thats it.. Pat K said the pats probably could have get him for a 6th or 7th..

This is not a rumor..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back