Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rumors about Sarah Palin's Religion Debunked

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ljuneau, Sep 9, 2008.

1. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Just saw Sarah Palin's Pastor on the Gretta show. They don't bash gays, they don't bash Jews, and he stressed that they leave all politics at the door. This is just a simple community church. It sounded just like the church I attend. No speaking in tongues or dancing barefoot in the aisles here folks.

Much different from what has been depicted by the media. Too many people here have been reading DailyKos.

Another nasty rumor debunked.

I'm sure the video will be posted on YouTube soon. Look for Greta Van Sustren (or however you spell her name)

2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I saw the interview and the Pastor seemed credible. There’s a mini-army up there right now though, trying to find anyone that can relate some kind of controversial religious statements or actions that can be used to embarrass Palin. Cripes these people are affraid of her. I say bring it on. Let’s open up this religion stuff to all the candidates. Let's start with Barack:

Barack, do you believe Jesus is the son of God? The trinity?

Barack, do you believe in the virgin birth?

Barack, do you in the rapture?

Barack, do you believe in heaven and hell?

Barack, do you believe Jesus rose from the dead?

Barack, do you believe in miracles?

Barack, do you pray to God?

Barack, do you believe that God hears your prayers?

Barack, do you believe God answers prayers?

Barack, do you believe marriage is spiritual?

Barack, do you believe you have a soul?

So come on media, on your way to try to embarrass Sarah on her religious beliefs , let’s step up to the plate and get Barack’s responses so we examine can get a fair and balanced look at it. I dare you. I have a feeling though Barack will say that's off limits and should be kept out of the campaign. I think he knows that his answers would lose too many votes.

Note: I think it's funny that candidates love to be seen walking out of their churches with bibles under arm, and the media loves to show that. Look religious but don't actually be religious though because they'll tear them apart.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 2 / -9

Things are getting better for Mccain, the Left Wing Liberal Democrat Media are now in the process of delivering a Landslide Victory to Mccain/Palin with a backlash the likes of which have never been seen before in this country.

GOD DAMN AMERICA

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +668 / 7 / -2

There are no religious litmus tests when running for office. Everyone needs to calm down with this stuff.

5. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

That doesn't debunk anything.

Koresh would say the same thing.

6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Don't get me wrong. I agree. I'm just trying to point out that these guys going after Plalin on her religious beliefs better be careful because that opens the door for the same scuitiny for all candidates. I don't think for a minute that Barck would want to have to answer those questions

7. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

For anyone with a whisper of intelligence and fairness, the rumor is debunked.

I understand the media is trying to create a link between Obama's "God hates America" church to Sara Palin's "God loves you" church, but in doing so they'll simply be insulting millions of Christians.

8. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

As I posted in the other thread, the church rumor has been debunked thanks to the church's pastor. In other news, O.J. Simpson is innocent of all charges per his lawyer.