Some of Mike Francessa's best knowledge boasts

1 Bill Belichick loves the jets, will never leave- Dec 99

2 Bill Belichick is quiting football after 07- May 07

3 Arizona is the worst team ever in the playoffs- Jan -08

4 Arizona is a greatest team ever - Jan 08

5 Jim Fassel will be the next coach of the rams- jan 08

6 Russ Grimm will be the next coach of the jets- jan 08

7 Bill Cowher is going to interview for the jets job- jan 08

Mike Francessa has been god awful since he lost mad dog- He is just plain annoying to listen to , and unfortunitly I dont listen to Espn radio , i have to listen to him , since i dont live in ma

Well this sure flushes his credibility down the toilet.
I feel much better now.:)
Thank you Sean pa patriot.

Well this sure flushes his credibility down the toilet.
I feel much better now.:)
Thank you Sean pa patriot.

His credibility is fine. He's been on the air in New York since the 80's and has survived.

hence the unchanged title of this thread: rumor

Well if you're basing what you said on a rumor, then what you said about Cassel is also a rumor. Right?

BTW...I had a setback last week too. It was caused by a half bottle of Scotch and I don't mean the first half! I still made it to work on Monday.

Last edited:
Again, Belichick is going to evaluate his short term and long term benefits of keeping Cassel. He isn't just making decisions for four to six weeks of the 2009 season. If Belichick feels that there is a possibility of Brady missing up to six games but should be back before mid-season, he may feel that he can build the team up this offseason (he has done it before just look at the 2007 offseason where he rebuilt the entire receiving corp and added Adalius Thomas on defense) and weather the storm for a month with either O'Connell or a veteran.

Maybe Belichick doesn't think Cassel is as good as he looked last year and he could take a step backwards after other teams have had an entire offseason to look at his game films. He may determine it is better to trade him while he is a hot commodity.

I can think of plenty of reasons why Belichick MAY decide to trade Cassel no matter the uncertainty of Brady's rehab. To say that Belichick will "obviously" do something in regards to Cassel is a little silly since none of us know if what Francesca said is true or even if it is true how bad the setback may be.

good post. i agree about a lot of it. to me it is obvious they will keep cassel. maybe i am wrong. i never said i was right. this is my opinion. tough to replace franchise caliber QBs though

Stop beating a dead horse. It is certain that Cassel will be on the roster only if/when BB makes that call. Neither you or I have any clue what BB's thinking is here. I had Cassel gone from my 53 man roster projection.That shows why I post on a message board and BB makes millions.

It may be obvious to you but it's not to many. I don't think you have any better insider information than I did when projected he would be cut.

this is my opinion. i dont understand why everyone think that i think my opinion is what is actually going to happen.

No, that's the whole point. Clearly you have no idea what the word setback means, which is exactly what DaBruinz's point was. I can think of many potential setbacks that would not keep him from being ready for the season. That's why your commentary following the initial report is pure conjecture that you're presenting as ironclad fact, and THAT is why you're getting ripped apart.

nobody rips me apart. they try to, actually. i probably should have clarified that. i have come to the realization that people on this board really need to look and the mirror for a reality check. its funny though. ive been gone for about 4 or so hours and i come back and there is a battle royale going on.

peopel are entitled to their opinion and until people stop attacking other people's opinoins i will continue to call them out. . and just to clarify. when i originally came up with that about 1 month ago or so, I noted that I compared him to the from Seinfeld, not an actually . So, if there is any problem with that, I apologized then, and I will do so again, just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, according to the box your post was in the time you posted this was...

post_new.gif
Today, 01:00 PM ...

Go figure...

definitely not, i was in my car outside court when i heard it. i posted it around 3pm. might want to recheck that

nobody rips me apart. they try to, actually. i probably should have clarified that. i have come to the realization that people on this board really need to look and the mirror for a reality check. its funny though. ive been gone for about 4 or so hours and i come back and there is a battle royale going on.

peopel are entitled to their opinion and until people stop attacking other people's opinoins i will continue to call them out. and just to clarify. when i originally came up with that about 1 month ago or so, I noted that I compared him to the from Seinfeld, not an actually i. So, if there is any problem with that, I apologized then, and I will do so again, just let me know.

Just a couple of things:

1.) When one person has a different opinion from another, and they are discussing those opinions, the opinions will be attacked. It's human nature, and it's what debates and these message boards are about.

2.) When you make a claim without a link, and it supports an unpopular or minority argument you've been making, you either need to find evidence to support that claim or expect to be called out on it. It doesn't mean that you're wrong, but it does mean that not everyone is going to accept it just on your say so.

3.) While there are, no doubt, people on here and other boards that need a reality check, many of us are just sports fans who come here for information and discussion.

4.) Not everybody posts rainbows and sunshine. I don't suffer foolish posts all that well, and DaBruinz doesn't pull many punches when dealing with posts he finds foolish, just to name two examples. He and I have had a back-and-forth more than once, but it's just a part of dealing with a diverse group of people over the internet. I would suggest to you that, if you simply don't wish to tolerate that sort of posting, you can always use the ignore function. I personally use it mostly on trolls from other teams and clear them once those trolls get banned, but I've got a scant handful of Patriots fans from this board on that list as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

i would never hit ignore. i love hearing what everyone has to say. i though, unlike a lot of people, respect people's opinions and try my hardest not to attack

This thread has gotten pretty ridiculous. Unless Brady injured his knee again during workouts then I don't possibly see how he could have suffered a setback. This is not on any of the news networks either. Come to think of it, this is the ONLY place I have heard it (since I don't listen to Francessa). I'll take the reports that Brady's knee is doing just fine over his reporting... especially after reading that list that Sean Pa Patriot just posted.

This thread has gotten pretty ridiculous. Unless Brady injured his knee again during workouts then I don't possibly see how he could have suffered a setback. This is not on any of the news networks either. Come to think of it, this is the ONLY place I have heard it (since I don't listen to Francessa). I'll take the reports that Brady's knee is doing just fine over his reporting... especially after reading that list that Sean Pa Patriot just posted.

If you think this is ridiculous, imagine what will happen if he isn't franchised by 12:01. :stars2:

If you think this is ridiculous, imagine what will happen if he isn't franchised by 12:01. :stars2:

Oh man, Frezo, just when I was thinking of going to bed, I can't bear it now. There will be threads, I know it... hehe

I'm going to chip in...

I like Mike Francesa. I have been listening to the FAN since I was a little kid with my Dad, and I always enjoyed hearing him and Dog. Without Russo he's not as good, but Chris on hiss own would probably annoy me, too...they were great together, and stupid to break up.

Mike most likely heard this from somebody third or fourth hand, and repeated it to see what kind of coverage he would get, which turned out to be minimal. I didn't hear him say it personally, but I don't think the OP has a reason to say "Hey, guess what I heard" and make some crazy story up. But, that being said, consider the source. It's the Fan...going there and expecting great Patriots insight is like buying the New York Times when you want to know what is happening in LA, or buying the NY Post when you want actual news. I personally have never heard Mike say anything bad about the Pats or BB...I remember thinking he was pretty even handed about Spygate and everything else in last year's Big Season Of Bullsh!t. Granted, I don't listen to his 5 1/2 hours every day, but I always hear him talking every day for at least a half hour or so.

Plus, "setback" is such a vague term, and probably intentionally. As someone else mentioned, setback could be his knee swelling the first time he tried to throw a deep ball, so being told to ice it an extra 20 minutes a day and not try throwing a deep one again for a couple of weeks.

And finally, a "setback" doesn't mean we HAVE to keep Cassel. We HAVE to do whatever BB deems necessary, and whatever he thinks is the right course of action is A OK by me. It is just like when TFB went down and we had 100's of armchair HC of the NEP's, babbling about signing Culpepper, putting in O'Connell and Chad Jackson, and how BB can't coach blah blah blah. BB said Matt Cassel is our QB, Matt Cassel was our QB, and we were all pleasantly suprised by it. (Before it starts, please spare me the "We didn't make the playoffs" argument...it had nothing to do with his play and you know it)

So, anyway, as JSn pointed out in another post, tomorrow is the first day to franchise someone, and I imagine alot of our questions will be answered by dinner time Thursday.

Here's to a healthy Tom Brady, a good situation coming out of this for Matt Cassel AND the Patriots, and a happy message board.

(I realize the last one will never happen)

Oh man, Frezo, just when I was thinking of going to bed, I can't bear it now. There will be threads, I know it... hehe

I'll spare you the suspense. The first message will look like this.
"Told ja so. I predikted this in Novembah."

I'll spare you the suspense. The first message will look like this.
"Told ja so. I predikted this in Novembah."

hehe - thanks. Now I can sleep.

I guessing Reiss, Cassel, A Belichick are all sound asleep (presumably in separate locations) and we won't hear a thing til tomorrow.

peopel are entitled to their opinion and until people stop attacking other people's opinoins i will continue to call them out. Hence I call DaBruinz DaPatsNazi. and just to clarify. when i originally came up with that about 1 month ago or so, I noted that I compared him to the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld, not an actually German Nazi. So, if there is any problem with that, I apologized then, and I will do so again, just let me know.

Right, and that's absolutely fine, but when your opinion is that you're certain of something (there's no way that Cassel is traded) that nobody can be at all certain of, and there's a lot of evidence to the contrary, andyour opinion can only be supported by flimsy, unverified evidence, you have to expect that people are going to call you on it. That's exactly what happened.

Last edited:
For those who doubt Mike did say this, you can visit mikefrancesa.com.

I posted a question about what Mike said about Brady, but didn't get many replies. Nobody seemed to care. They were caught up with the Torre book. I attached the thread.

Its actually a hillarious message board dedicated to the show, and surprisingly most on the board hate Mike.

2/4/09: Jingle'D Up: Torre Aftahmath, wahl to wahl baseball - Dog days of Winter - Page 10 - The Unauthorized WFAN & Political Talk Radio Message Board Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back