PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Tom Brady suffered a setback recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is exactly what i said. this is from my original post

I said it a few weeks ago and got ripped apart, but if this is true, it is obvious Cassel will be on our roster.

Stop beating a dead horse. It is certain that Cassel will be on the roster only if/when BB makes that call. Neither you or I have any clue what BB's thinking is here. I had Cassel gone from my 53 man roster projection.That shows why I post on a message board and BB makes millions.

It may be obvious to you but it's not to many. I don't think you have any better insider information than I did when projected he would be cut.

OK let's tone it down. The OP reported what he heard on the radio, which has been varified by another person.

Actually, for all we know, it was the OPs friend and is just backing up the OP. Its not been verified by any legitimate source. Up to this point, even WFAN doesn't have a link to a stream of the broadcast.

EDIT: I just saw that GMTaxi also posted that he heard it. Doesn't change anything until we have a confirmed source.

But the OP did go a little over by giving an stong opinion that there is no way we can trade Cassel because of what he just heard for 30 seconds. I can understand that some may not like that opinion.

This is not a report or and opinion that many of us want to hear, but their is no need to start name calling. The NY radio guy is not a person that many of us respect, but he may have something or not. Let's see if any follow ups to this surface in the coming hours.

Its not a matter of respecting the guy on WFAN. Its a matter that there have been NO other sources that have confirmed what Billdog said. None. Not even Jets fans. And you know they'd be all over that like flies on a corpse. And in this case, the corpse would be the Pats in effigy from the perspective of the Jets fans.

Last edited:
There's clearly 2 rumors floating around regarding Brady.

1) He is progressing fine and will be ready for week 1.
2) He has had a setback and is in question.

These opinions are based on no apparent fact, and both are being backed up strongly by about the same number of people. From a physics perspective, we have to say that Brady's knee is currently BOTH on schedule to heal AND experiencing setbacks.

Actually, it is very much the same. The rehab is the same. What they look for is the same. The stability. The Flexion. The extension. Thanks for throwing your two sense in. Now, go back and read his post again because he did not JUST report what he heard. He made exaggerated speculation without knowing a damn thing. Or can't you be bothered to read that far before rushing to his defense because the "big bad DaBruinz" is slamming him?

take your meds today bipolar one or do you always speak in third person. In your opinion he stated that. Trying reading the post and not putting your own rhetoric into it. The rehab is not the same for an ACL/MCL. Just because a couch potato like you who posts on this board is a lot different than an athete.

the bottom line is if there is any doubt what so ever about Brady being ready for opening day then the patriots will franchise and keep Cassel.

take your meds today bipolar one or do you always speak in third person. In your opinion he stated that. Trying reading the post and not putting your own rhetoric into it. The rehab is not the same for an ACL/MCL. Just because a couch potato like you who posts on this board is a lot different than an athete.

And what do you know about DaBruinz' current or past history of exercise/sports? Some people who post here have played sports, after all. It happens. Some of us even went beyond Little League.

I know that all he does is attack people for his opinions and he acts like a cry baby when he doesn't get his way.

the bottom line is if there is any doubt what so ever about Brady being ready for opening day then the patriots will franchise and keep Cassel.
That's not the bottom line. We don't know what would happen but I think if Brady were in trouble they'd likely trade Cassel and sign a veteran like Jeff Garcia to compete with O'Connell.

I know that all he does is attack people for his opinions and he acts like a cry baby when he doesn't get his way.

So you decided to insult him yourself...

:confused:

And what do you know about DaBruinz' current or past history of exercise/sports? Some people who post here have played sports, after all. It happens. Some of us even went beyond Little League.

I think DB should read your signature

So what part of "tone it down" don't you guys understand? The personal attacks and name calling is what I'm talking about.

STOP IT!, as Bob Newhart would say.

no-name-calling.jpg

Last edited:
So what part of "tone it down" don't you guys understand? The personal attacks and name calling is what I'm talking about.

STOP IT!, as Bob Newhart would say.

Maybe you should take a step back and realize that you are the one over-reacting here. Or is that too much to ask?

no, the pats arent going to trade their proven backup quarterback if they think brady will not be ready to go. Luckily for us, Brady will be just fine.

The differrence between you and me is that I actually did read his post. You clearly did not. The other difference is that I didn't put any rhetoric in. You'd know that if you'd actually read his post.

Also, the rehab for an ACL with a meniscus tear and an ACL/MCL tear is nearly identical.

As for your other garbage. You can attempt to insult me, but you are so far from the truth that you wouldn't know it if it came up and hit you with a 4x4 post. So, forgive me if I laugh in your face, yet again.

Maybe you should take a step back and realize that you are the one over-reacting here. Or is that too much to ask?

No, I'm not. Not when we get complaints in our email, that takes me away from my busy draft reading.

no-name-calling.jpg

No, I'm not. Not when we get complaints in our email, that takes me away from my busy draft reading.

no-name-calling.jpg

Someone actually called in the 5 - 0 on this thread?

I hope you banned the tattletale.;)

You really have a hard time with the english language? I attack people for my opinions? No. I slam people who post ignorant comments, lies, and major exaggerations. Particularly when there is proof that what they said is garbage.

Act like a cry baby? Hardly.

As Deus Irae pointed out, you don't know a damn thing about me or my athletic ability or experiences. Instead of being making those stupid comments, why don't you man up and keep it focused on the subject? Or are you just an internet bully who has to resort to things that go beyond one's intelligence or lack there of?

I've found that there's no more trustworthy source for credible Patriots news than WFAN in New York.

I've also found that there's no more trustworthy source for credible news about the Democrats than the Republican Party.

no-name-calling.jpg

Sorry, but when a person doesn't get banned for calling someone a NAZI (which happened recently) then its clear nothing that has been said here in this thread falls into the bannable categories.

So, you might want to take it up with Ian.

The differrence between you and me is that I actually did read his post. You clearly did not. The other difference is that I didn't put any rhetoric in. You'd know that if you'd actually read his post.

Also, the rehab for an ACL with a meniscus tear and an ACL/MCL tear is nearly identical.

As for your other garbage. You can attempt to insult me, but you are so far from the truth that you wouldn't know it if it came up and hit you with a 4x4 post. So, forgive me if I laugh in your face, yet again.

Whatever DB. have another handful of cheetos. oh and the rehab "nearly" and exact are two different animals.

go watch a bowl game.... er wait you don't watch any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back