PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Tom Brady suffered a setback recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listen - Yet again, you don't know what you are talking about. What setbacks has Brady had? Can you list them? I mean, other than the infection that he had in the MCL immediately after surgery?

Here is what I KNOW. When there have been clips of Brady walking, he's done so without a limp. Having had ACL surgery, I know that this means he's getting full extension. That is the 2nd biggest issue with the knee behind it being structurally sound. Here is what else I know. Brady is doing passing drills. That was PER HIM on the Toronto news just last week.

Do you want to know what one of the setbacks could have been? A bit of swelling in the knee. But guess what. That happens from time to time. Its nothing MAJOR. Nothing serious. It just means that Brady over-did something one day or that the body just said, "Hey, I need a rest". It could also have been him not completing a full set of reps... And, again, that could have been from different issues. Another set back could be the amount of flexion that Brady is getting. But flexion isn't nearly as important as extension.

NONE of it is anything to be worried about.

I am fairly certain that all your rhetoric is based on nothing. I am fairly certain that you've never had an ACL injury so you aren't talking from experience. I have had ACL surgery so I am speaking from experience. Instead of taking the attitude that "the sky is falling", why bother speculating as to what it means? Especially when you don't have even 10% of the whole story? Or is that too much to ask of you?

Just because you had an ACL injury is not the same as what Brady had. He is reporting what he heard and it's being blown out of preportion.

What setbacks has Brady had?

Do you want to know what one of the setbacks could have been? I am fairly certain that all your rhetoric is based on nothing. I am fairly certain that you've never had an ACL injury so you aren't talking from experience. I have had ACL surgery so I am speaking from experience. Instead of taking the attitude that "the sky is falling", why bother speculating as to what it means? Especially when you don't have even 10% of the whole story? Or is that too much to ask of you?

(1) If you read my posts instead of the quotes people have on me you would hear that i said i dont know of any setbcks. all i posted was what i heard and speculated on that.

(2) im pretty certain that i have had double, if not triple the athletic experience, ability and knowledge than you ever had. I have suffered major injuries, none to my ACL. HOWEVER, having played on a college football team for 4 years, I know quite a few people who have had ACL injuries. I do know of one experience where one of my good friends was rehabbing, and doing light hang cleans, which im sure you dont even know what are, the presssure caused a major setback.

now, im not saying Brady suffered a major setback, but that Francessa reported that. To get on my post reporting this news, shows you are some sort of nitwit with nothing better to do. you dont even read my posts and comment on pieces of quotes people copy and paste then subsequently comment on. how do you have any idea of what i am saying? then you go and comment on it?????? i will gladly have a conversation, a friendly one. but time after time you have proven to be incapable of such a thing. you wrote me a private email telling me that i am a loser. how so? because i disagree with you and stood up to the fact that you continuously call people idiots? you didnt respond. to me, if i write something to someone, i will read what they wrote, and respond. you did not. so, this just shows me you are incapable of sitting down and having a conversation with someone who disagrees with you because there is not enough intellectual background to have a constructive argumentative conversation . but of course you will never see this post so, if someone wants, cut and paste it for him

Re: Rumor: Tom Brady Suffered a Setback recently

Even if he has had a setback, we still don't know how significant it is. A minor/moderate setback doesn't by any mean guarantee that he won't be ready for training camp.

I played two years Pro....CFL I know but pro level so please do not pull I am a super football player (who never had a ACL injury) over anybody you do not know his background.

You have jumped all over every Cassel thread not to trade him and now you are posting a thread on unsubstantiated evidence which you got ripped apart for. It was not you being the messanger that burns half of our asses it is when you said "It is clear to me now, that there is no way we are letting Cassel walk. I said it a few weeks ago and got ripped apart, but if this is true, it is obvious Cassel will be on our roster."

That is what he had the problem with you repeatedly in every thread bringing this up and now you are starting threads about it. Get over it Cassel is going to be traded;)

Last edited:
Listen. You've been getting "killed" because of your dumb arse, nonsensical speculation.

if you werent such a simpleton you would understand the context of what i said. everything is speculation. but, certain things help you infer how things will play out.

you continually resort to name calling, a lot of times at people whom have their opinion. its absurd. this is a patriots fansite. not all fans think alike. you on the other hand are convinced you are in the Patriots Front Office's Inner Circle. ill leave you alone because you probably have some sort of mental incapacity.

(1) If you read my posts instead of the quotes people have on me you would hear that i said i dont know of any setbcks. all i posted was what i heard and speculated on that.

(2) im pretty certain that i have had double, if not triple the athletic experience, ability and knowledge than you ever had. I have suffered major injuries, none to my ACL. HOWEVER, having played on a college football team for 4 years, I know quite a few people who have had ACL injuries. I do know of one experience where one of my good friends was rehabbing, and doing light hang cleans, which im sure you dont even know what are, the presssure caused a major setback.

now, im not saying Brady suffered a major setback, but that Francessa reported that. To get on my post reporting this news, shows you are some sort of nitwit with nothing better to do. you dont even read my posts and comment on pieces of quotes people copy and paste then subsequently comment on. how do you have any idea of what i am saying? then you go and comment on it?????? i will gladly have a conversation, a friendly one. but time after time you have proven to be incapable of such a thing. you wrote me a private email telling me that i am a loser. how so? because i disagree with you and stood up to the fact that you continuously call people idiots? you didnt respond. to me, if i write something to someone, i will read what they wrote, and respond. you did not. so, this just shows me you are incapable of sitting down and having a conversation with someone who disagrees with you because there is not enough intellectual background to have a constructive argumentative conversation . but of course you will never see this post so, if someone wants, cut and paste it for him

Mods - This Brady situation is going to reach epic proportions in the next few weeks to months - The arguments, name calling and disparaging comments from members of this board will continue to escalate.

There has GOT to be a Thread dedicated to Brady Rumors - Sticky it or whatever you feel necessary - but this is about blow up.

Enough with all the negative comments - Everyone here wants Tom to get better and play, however it's obviously a source of HIGH emotion and is sparking stupid fights between members.

I played two years Pro....CFL I know but pro level so please do not pull I am a super football player (who never had a ACL injury) over anybody you do not know his background.

You have jumped all over every Cassel thread not to trade him and now you are posting a thread on unsubstantiated evidence which you got ripped apart for. It was not you being the messanger that burns half of our asses it is when you said "It is clear to me now, that there is no way we are letting Cassel walk. I said it a few weeks ago and got ripped apart, but if this is true, it is obvious Cassel will be on our roster."

That is what he had the problem with you repeatedly in every thread bringing this up and now you are starting threads about it. Get over it Cassel is going to be traded;)

that is your opinion. I am not going to tell you that you are an idiot like other people tell others around here. i respect your opinion. you do not have to look at what i wrote, or believe it. i am just writing what i see.

if true, which i wrote, it is clear that we cannot trade cassel. i am absolutely amazed that most people dont agree. but i dont get on people for that.

in terms of me saying i played college football, i wrote that only because of what that PatsNazi wrote about how he tore his ACL and knows more than me. ive seen first hand for 4 years what effects torn ACL's have and what can happen in their aftermath. he will not undermine me by saying he knows more based on his own personal experience with 1 injury.

I listen to the FAN everyday, and heard the same thing.

Mike doesn't break many stories, but when he does he is usually right on. He was the first one who knew that Rex Ryan was the favorite to be the Jets coach and he was right, so who knows.

I am trying to call in to but the phones are busy. If someone else wants to try 718-937-6666.

that is your opinion. I am not going to tell you that you are an idiot like other people tell others around here. i respect your opinion. you do not have to look at what i wrote, or believe it. i am just writing what i see.

if true, which i wrote, it is clear that we cannot trade cassel. i am absolutely amazed that most people dont agree. but i dont get on people for that.

in terms of me saying i played college football, i wrote that only because of what that PatsNazi wrote about how he tore his ACL and knows more than me. ive seen first hand for 4 years what effects torn ACL's have and what can happen in their aftermath. he will not undermine me by saying he knows more based on his own personal experience with 1 injury.

Billdog - Take a deep breath - Everything is speculation. Everybody's BODY is different and reacts differently, if we can all agree on that - Then we can let this latest "Rumor" fall where it should - In the realm of total speculation, no matter the source - Unnamed sources are now the gold standard in Brady reporting, and I find that sickening.

Last edited:
Re: Rumor: Tom Brady Suffered a Setback recently

you are missing the point. the point is brady is obviously not getting healthy as fast as we thought. he is suffering more setbacks than we would like. you cannot trade a QB who was as successful as Cassel for draft picks. your line of thinking is absurd. you need QBs to win in this league. and as much as Oconnell might be good, he is an unknown quantity. if this report is true, theres no way we even consider trading cassell. its all speculation on both our parts, but the reasoning i am using is clearly much stronger than yours

You need to back off the ledge...He will be fine!

OK let's tone it down. The OP reported what he heard on the radio, which has been varified by another person.

But the OP did go a little over by giving an stong opinion that there is no way we can trade Cassel because of what he just heard for 30 seconds. I can understand that some may not like that opinion.

This is not a report or and opinion that many of us want to hear, but their is no need to start name calling. The NY radio guy is not a person that many of us respect, but he may have something or not. Let's see if any follow ups to this surface in the coming hours.

As some have posted "it's going to be a long off season". To me it all ready has been. Can't wait for the real FA period and draft to get going.

Billdog - Take a deep breath - Everything is speculation. Everybody's BODY is different and reacts differently, if we can all agree on that - Then we can let this latest "Rumor" fall where it should - In the realm of total speculation, no matter the source - Unnamed sources are now the gold standard in Brady reporting, and I find that sickening.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING THE WHOLE TIME. i dont understand! i just reported what i heard because i thought people would want. instead people start calling me an "arse" or whatever else. i always say everything is speculation and in the original post i wrote that i didnt know how true it was. people dont read posts and read little snip its and comment on everything

We can agree to disagree on the Cassel issue :)

I played football so no hard feelings ya know....short memory:D:D I played Defense that is why we disagree about Cassel;)

Last edited:
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING THE WHOLE TIME. i dont understand! i just reported what i heard because i thought people would want. instead people start calling me an "arse" or whatever else. i always say everything is speculation and in the original post i wrote that i didnt know how true it was. people dont read posts and read little snip its and comment on everything

You didn't just report what you heard. You reported what you heard, then continued on to say that this meant that, just as you'd said weeks back, it was a 100% lock that Cassel would be on the Pats' roster next season. Big difference, and one that I'm going to assume you can figure out for yourself. If not, then there's no point in saying anything else to you anyways.

OK let's tone it down. The OP reported what he heard on the radio, which has been varified by another person.

But the OP did go a little over by giving an stong opinion that there is no way we can trade Cassel because of what he just heard for 30 seconds. I can understand that some may not like that opinion.

This is not a report or and opinion that many of us want to hear, but their is no need to start name calling. The NY radio guy is not a person that many of us respect, but he may have something or not. Let's see if any follow ups to this surface in the coming hours.

As some have posted "it's going to be a long off season". To me it all ready has been. Can't wait for the real FA period and draft to get going.

Or Cassel gets traded......sorry I had to!!:):)

You didn't just report what you heard. You reported what you heard, then continued on to say that this meant that, just as you'd said weeks back, it was a 100% lock that Cassel would be on the Pats' roster next season. Big difference, and one that I'm going to assume you can figure out for yourself. If not, then there's no point in saying anything else to you anyways.

show me in quotes where i said, "it was a 100% lock that Cassel would be on the roster."

to save yourself time, it is not there. i did say, that if this is true that he suffered a setback, we are definitely keeping Cassel. i will stick by my original belief that we will keep him regardless. but for gods sake, save the name calling for jets fans

here is exactly what i said. this is from my original post

I said it a few weeks ago and got ripped apart, but if this is true, it is obvious Cassel will be on our roster.

show me in quotes where i said, "it was a 100% lock that Cassel would be on the roster."

to save yourself time, it is not there. i did say, that if this is true that he suffered a setback, we are definitely keeping Cassel. i will stick by my original belief that we will keep him regardless. but for gods sake, save the name calling for jets fans

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/98/210507-we-not-trading-cassel.html

Near the end of the first post....of another thread about Cassel which was moved. I gotta run just though I would keep this honest:)

I listen to the FAN everyday, and heard the same thing.

Mike doesn't break many stories, but when he does he is usually right on. He was the first one who knew that Rex Ryan was the favorite to be the Jets coach and he was right, so who knows.

I am trying to call in to but the phones are busy. If someone else wants to try 718-937-6666.

A NY radio personality breaking a Jets story is far different than a NY personality breaking a Patriots story. Francesca is friends with Friends of Bill, but I doubt he is connected directly in the Pats' organization since he has said a lot of bad things about Belichick and the Pats' organization. -If you said Francesca broke Pioli going to the Chiefs or McDaniels going to the Broncos, then I would hold more creedence with his success rate of breaking stories not related to non-NY teams.

here is exactly what i said. this is from my original post

I said it a few weeks ago and got ripped apart, but if this is true, it is obvious Cassel will be on our roster.

No it's not. If Tom Brady were out for ALL of 2009 it wouldn't be obvious Cassel would remain on the roster. The team may have a higher opinion of Kevin O'Connell for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back