PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Tom Brady suffered a setback recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumor: Tom Brady Suffered a Setback recently

So, for the moment, I think I'll assume that billdog misheard what was said. Perhaps there was a "what if?" sort of thing being asked by Francessa, or something like that. By no means am I saying that billdog is deliberately posting bad information, or even that the information is wrong. I'm simply saying that there's been no sign of this anywhere that I've seen.

i did not mishear what was said. i know so because he went on for about 30 seconds about it. i told you all, think what you want. i never said it was true, i was just trying to get you all the most up-to-date information. but, dont be surprised if reports surface that Brady recently suffered a setbaack

Billdog, I have no doubt as to what you heard. However, let's first consider the source; Francesca is (a) a Jets fan, and (b) a sports talk radio host. Sports talk radio is not about truth; it's about controversy and ratings.

i agree with this for sure. however, he did not devote an entire segment to him. he just said he heard earlier in the day that he was told this about Brady. it was about 30secs to 1 minute at most. because of this, i can infer he wasnt doing it to be sensational or for ratings.

i did not mishear what was said. i know so because he went on for about 30 seconds about it. i told you all, think what you want. i never said it was true, i was just trying to get you all the most up-to-date information. but, dont be surprised if reports surface that Brady recently suffered a setbaack

Well, I assume Francesca has his show streamed after the fact like a lot of the WFAN guys do. I guess at some point we can get the exact audio of what he said and judge for ourselves.

Don't be surprised if nothing comes of this either though.

Francessa has co owned racehorses with Bill PArcells, he is pretty well connected and not prone to sensationalism.

I hope he is wrong on this.

And how would that have any bearing on having information on Brady's health status.

Not to mention that a "set back" when re-habbing is that he wasn't able to do a full set of reps in rehab. That happens. Sometimes the body just has to take a break for a few days. This is much ado about nothing. Which is typical of a post by Billdog.

i agree with this for sure. however, he did not devote an entire segment to him. he just said he heard earlier in the day that he was told this about Brady. it was about 30secs to 1 minute at most. because of this, i can infer he wasnt doing it to be sensational or for ratings.

If it was only 30 seconds to 1 minute, than whatever setback there is, it isn't even worthy of being a story. Tom Brady having a real setback would be a major offseason story, so I think there is some miscommunication going on here, or Francessa is behind things in terms of the positive Brady news that came about in the past week. He wouldn't so flippantly drop important news regarding one of the games best players.

Don't be surprised if nothing comes of this either though.

i agree. i wouldnt be surprised. im telling you i just posted what i heard. i thought youd all like to know

Countdown to TC.....................................................:yeeha:

To OP: THANK YOU for including the word "Rumor" in your title. This is gonna be one long-as* offseason.:violent:

And how would that have any bearing on having information on Brady's health status.

Not to mention that a "set back" when re-habbing is that he wasn't able to do a full set of reps in rehab. That happens. Sometimes the body just has to take a break for a few days. This is much ado about nothing. Which is typical of a post by Billdog.

I do agree a set back is a very ambigious term. Setbacks can be very minor and require a day or two of rest and happen regularly in these types of injuries up to he retore his ACL. I also agree with BradyManny2344 that if Francesca thought it was significant news, he would spend more than 30 seconds on it.

im just posting what i heard. you guys can take it for what its worth, but i know what i heard. i hope its incorrect. i want more than anything to have Brady to come back. but if he suffered a setback, i am certain we have no option but to keep Cassel. I personally think that even if there was no setback we should keep him, but if there is another injury, then we will

I heard this also and posted it in the trade Cassel thread, glad i didn't start a new post because it seems some here feel the need to start slinging their crap opinions around like they are anymore valid then this rumor.

I do know that Francesa while i know some hate him here is very entrenched within the NFL, much more so then anyone at weei. Francesa sounded disappointed while reading it and said without question no matter what you think of the patriots losing Brady is a huge loss for all fans of the NFL.

Regardless continuing to hear negative things about Brady's rehab is disturbing.

DaBruinz, dont use my name in vain. you have no clue about me, so dont comment on my posts until you are man enough to take me off block and have a normal conversation. i posted what i heard. believe what you want, i could care less.

I heard this also ....
I do know that Francesa while i know some hate him here is very entrenched within the NFL, much more so then anyone at weei. Francesa sounded disappointed while reading it and said without question no matter what you think of the patriots losing Brady is a huge loss for all fans of the NFL.

Regardless continuing to hear negative things about Brady's rehab is disturbing.

JESUS BIGDOG, where have you been!!!! if you came by a few minutes earlier i wouldnt have 20 people killin me. haha. i know he said it, people are nonsensical around here sometimes

the rotowire report is from 2/1, thats 3 days ago. Francessa seemed to think it happen in the past few days.

Look even closer. Rotowire does not "report" anything, they collect from local papers. In this case they're simply linking to the 1/28 Gasper piece in the Globe. I.e., irrelevant.

My thoughts, for what little they're worth...

A. Mike Francesa is a very prominent and well-connected sports reporter. He may well be completely wrong about this, but I don't think you can blithely dismiss him as "just a biased Jets fan" when he claims to be reporting news.

B. The part that rings false to me, as tanked_as_usual said, is the claim that he got the info from Brady's doctors. That would be a violation of federal law, and it makes me question the whole deal.

Hasn't Brady been in Mexico on vacation? Is this set back tequila related? Because if it is - I have had similar setbacks and they generally work themselves out in a couple of days...

JESUS BIGDOG, where have you been!!!! if you came by a few minutes earlier i wouldnt have 20 people killin me. haha. i know he said it, people are nonsensical around here sometimes

Sorry didnt think people would label someone as the devil for posting this info:banned::p. Some people here really need to take a chill pill and calm down.

Hasn't Brady been in Mexico on vacation? Is this set back tequila related? Because if it is - I have had similar setbacks and they generally work themselves out in a couple of days...

LOL! Yeah, typically the past two weeks are dead periods for players, coaches, and players. I can almost guarantee you that Gillette was a ghost town last week before the Super Bowl. Most of the coaching staff were probably in Tampa and the rest were taking the week off. I tend to doubt Brady has been rehabbing for the last week or two. Granted he could have reported back to Gillette on Monday, but he was most assuridly taking the week off last week.

billdog3484 said:
you are missing the point. the point is brady is obviously not getting healthy as fast as we thought. he is suffering more setbacks than we would like. you cannot trade a QB who was as successful as Cassel for draft picks. your line of thinking is absurd. you need QBs to win in this league. and as much as Oconnell might be good, he is an unknown quantity. if this report is true, theres no way we even consider trading cassell. its all speculation on both our parts, but the reasoning i am using is clearly much stronger than yours

Listen - Yet again, you don't know what you are talking about. What setbacks has Brady had? Can you list them? I mean, other than the infection that he had in the MCL immediately after surgery?

Here is what I KNOW. When there have been clips of Brady walking, he's done so without a limp. Having had ACL surgery, I know that this means he's getting full extension. That is the 2nd biggest issue with the knee behind it being structurally sound. Here is what else I know. Brady is doing passing drills. That was PER HIM on the Toronto news just last week.

Do you want to know what one of the setbacks could have been? A bit of swelling in the knee. But guess what. That happens from time to time. Its nothing MAJOR. Nothing serious. It just means that Brady over-did something one day or that the body just said, "Hey, I need a rest". It could also have been him not completing a full set of reps... And, again, that could have been from different issues. Another set back could be the amount of flexion that Brady is getting. But flexion isn't nearly as important as extension.

NONE of it is anything to be worried about.

I am fairly certain that all your rhetoric is based on nothing. I am fairly certain that you've never had an ACL injury so you aren't talking from experience. I have had ACL surgery so I am speaking from experience. Instead of taking the attitude that "the sky is falling", why bother speculating as to what it means? Especially when you don't have even 10% of the whole story? Or is that too much to ask of you?

Last edited:

I heard this also and posted it in the trade Cassel thread, glad i didn't start a new post because it seems some here feel the need to start slinging their crap opinions around like they are anymore valid then this rumor.

That's just it. You aren't hearing negative things about Brady's rehab from the people who matter. Francesca is a nobody and I don't care who he is blowing on any given day, he's not gonna have info on Brady's health.

[B said:
billdog3484[/B] ]JESUS BIGDOG, where have you been!!!! if you came by a few minutes earlier i wouldnt have 20 people killin me. haha. i know he said it, people are nonsensical around here sometimes

Listen. You've been getting "killed" because of your dumb arse, nonsensical speculation. NOT because of the rumor you posted. And it is a RUMOR. NOT FACT.

Here, let me refresh your memory on your speculation..

billdog3484 said:
It is clear to me now, that there is no way we are letting Cassel walk. I said it a few weeks ago and got ripped apart, but if this is true, it is obvious Cassel will be on our roster.

That is the speculation that YOU posted. The Chicken Little BS. You got ripped apart because you've got no true basis for the garbage you are posting. No facts. Just garbage.

Last edited:

Sorry didnt think people would label someone as the devil for posting this info:banned::p. Some people here really need to take a chill pill and calm down.

Unfortunately, one of those people is the OP. He's the one who is acting like this is the end of Brady. He's the one boasting the speculation and acting as if its true.

Instead of just saying: "If this is true that Brady has suffered a major setback that requires surgery, then its unlikely the Pats will let Cassel walk." Of course, since Francesca didn't even allude to what the "set back" was, making even that sort of speculation is really dumb and it shows a lack of knowledge about the sort of injury it is and what happens during rehab.

The problem is that the OP tried to make himself look smart and defend his previous rants on Cassel and Brady with this unsubstantiated rumor. All he did was take away from what little integrity he might have had.

Goodness - This is why I asked that we combine a thread for Brady and his knee - This constant garbage from people outside the Patriot organization is going to reach an epic level very soon.

Is Brady behind, is he ahead, is he on time - Looks like everyone has their own opinion and source.....none of which I find anymore reliable than the previous.

You take from this what you want, someone in NY - with credentials that can be argued and argued - is the latest to give us a sound bite about a reclusive QB and an unnamed source. It's crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots