PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Tom Brady suffered a setback recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not seriously asking this, are you? In the post-Tomase/Rather/pretty much every reporter alive era, you're asking what the difference is?

Come on Deus. You dont know the difference between reporting the news first hand and passing it along second hand (LIKE I DID)? I posted this thread as a rumor. a rumor, a rumor, a rumor. RIGHT? I said someone else stated this (Francessa). NOT ME. I never said it was true. I said what I heard and passed it along, just like rotoworld, just like rotowire. I did not write the article and cite "MY SOURCE" or "AN UNNAMED SOURCE" like that tomase. i told you mike francessa said it. people backed it up that he said it. what do you want from me more than that? im sorry i dont sit listening to the radio with it recording.

based on that information, I made a conclusion which I personally came to. which i said "it is clear to ME."

Come on Deus. You dont know the difference between reporting the news first hand and passing it along second hand (LIKE I DID)? I posted this thread as a rumor. a rumor, a rumor, a rumor. RIGHT? I said someone else stated this (Francessa). NOT ME. I never said it was true. I said what I heard and passed it along, just like rotoworld, just like rotowire. I did not write the article and cite "MY SOURCE" or "AN UNNAMED SOURCE" like that tomase. i told you mike francessa said it. people backed it up that he said it. what do you want from me more than that? im sorry i dont sit listening to the radio with it recording.

based on that information, I made a conclusion which I personally came to. which i said "it is clear to ME."

1.) Stop defending your conclusion as if it was validly part of the news post. In my opinion, It shouldn't have been posted in the same post as the information because of your prior position on this, but it's not something that needs defending. Other than that, I couldn't care less about it, other than to suggest to you, once again, that you ignore people who don't agree with you if, for whatever reason, you can't/won't handle the debate.

2.) Simple questions were asked, and you and your defenders have transformed them into 'attacks'. Asking for a second source is not an attack. Wondering if you mis-heard the comment isn't an attack. You posted something that had ZERO support for an extended period of time. Stop acting like a little child because people wanted more.

"Not doubting you, just looking for some context."

"A little troubling, but I'm not going to worry about it until a real source corroborates it. Who would have told Francesca? Brady's doctors? Doubtful."

"So, for the moment, I think I'll assume that billdog misheard what was said. Perhaps there was a "what if?" sort of thing being asked by Francessa, or something like that. By no means am I saying that billdog is deliberately posting bad information, or even that the information is wrong. I'm simply saying that there's been no sign of this anywhere that I've seen."

etc....

Last edited:
1.) Stop defending your conclusion as if it was validly part of the news post. In my opinion, It shouldn't have been posted in the same post as the information because of your prior position on this, but it's not something that needs defending. Other than that, I couldn't care less about it, other than to suggest to you, once again, that you ignore people who don't agree with you if, for whatever reason, you can't/won't handle the debate.

2.) Simple questions were asked, and you and your defenders have transformed them into 'attacks'. Asking for a second source is not an attack. Wondering if you mis-heard the comment isn't an attack. You posted something that had ZERO support for an extended period of time. Stop acting like a little child because people wanted more.

"Not doubting you, just looking for some context."

"A little troubling, but I'm not going to worry about it until a real source corroborates it. Who would have told Francesca? Brady's doctors? Doubtful."

"So, for the moment, I think I'll assume that billdog misheard what was said. Perhaps there was a "what if?" sort of thing being asked by Francessa, or something like that. By no means am I saying that billdog is deliberately posting bad information, or even that the information is wrong. I'm simply saying that there's been no sign of this anywhere that I've seen."

etc....

(1) in response to your #1. please show me the rules stating that 2 related, yet different topics, cannot go in the same thread.

(2) i never would have said i was attacked until i was called (a) stupid, (b) dumb, AND (3) ignorant all in the same post. AND in other posts, a liar and an exaggerator.

the problem I had with people asking for a second source is that I have said numerous times here that I dont have one. i told you what I heard

And finally, I DID NOT MISHEAR WHAT WAS SAID. This i am certain of.

if you guys dont want to believe it i dont care. 3 or 4 people have confirmed this, so believe what you want, but de Nile aint just a river in Africa

and the quotes you posted were the good posts. these are not similar to many others.

gisele says toms knee feels better than his shoulder and that you can count on his shoulder finding its way back to the weekly injury report

(1) in response to your #1. please show me the rules stating that 2 related, yet different topics, cannot go in the same thread.

Again, READ the posts you respond to: "it's not something that needs defending". I was telling you to stop defending it because you have no need to do so.

(2) i never would have said i was attacked until i was called (a) stupid, (b) dumb, AND (3) ignorant all in the same post. AND in other posts, a liar and an exaggerator.

the problem I had with people asking for a second source is that I have said numerous times here that I dont have one. i told you what I heard

if you guys dont want to believe it i dont care. 3 or 4 people have confirmed this, so believe what you want, but de Nile aint just a river in Africa

and the quotes you posted were the good posts. these are not similar to many others.

Dude, I don't give a rat's ass about the "mishear" thing. I gave my explanation for it quite clearly, and I made it abundantly clear that I was taking that stance due to a lack of any supporting evidence at the time. It was not a dig at you in any way. I did, in fact, go out of my way in that post to make it clear that I wasn't doubting your sincerity.

As for the rest, I've already made my suggestions to you.

Last edited:
I find myself aligned with Snarkives for once.....for the love of God, PLEASE make it stop...

Regarding #2, you were not called stupid, dumb and ignorant in the same post in this thread. Here is the post I believe you are referring to.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ered-setback-recently-page10.html#post1274336

What was called stupid and ignorant was your posts. Smart people can make stupid and ignorant posts. That doesn't make them stupid and ignorant as a whole entity.

Also, in that same post you were called a liar because you claimed that I called you a loser in a PM. That is a bold-faced LIE on your part. I never did that. I called you a hypocrite. And unless Oxford and Webster's created a new synonym where loser = hypocrite, its was pure fabrication on your part.

You are hardly a person who should be talking about denial since you seem to be in denial about your own actions. You claim you don't lie, yet you have done so on several occasions. And have been caught doing so. You have been caught blantantly exaggerating what others have said. Yet you deny that as well.

What a surprise, Douche caught in another bitter argument with another poster because of his abrasive, half rational style

You are hardly a person who should be talking about denial since you seem to be in denial about your own actions. You claim you don't lie, yet you have done so on several occasions. And have been caught doing so. You have been caught blantantly exaggerating what others have said. Yet you deny that as well.

please find a post where i lied. i would love to see it. Please go into my profile and review all of my posts. i have never lied. i would bet anything on it. i dont do it in life and I CERTAINLY AM NOT going to do it on a message board. i dont post on here to be sensational. so again, for the second or third time I have asked you to do so. PLEASE FIND ANYTHING THAT WOULD EVEN COME CLOSE TO A LIE BY ME.....PLEASE!!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT STOP LOOKING UNTIL YOU FIND IT!!!! you will be gone from posting for a looooong time my friend

.....I'm going with the idea that the rumour is total BS.. do you think Tom would be golfing in CA if he had a staph infection? The paparazzi site that starts with a T... has pictures of Tom golfing on Sunday...
Tom Brady Putts - TMZ.com

What a surprise, Douche caught in another bitter argument with another poster because of his abrasive, half rational style

haha yah hes out of control.

Sorry people but the pissing match continues so I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes