Rumor: Stallworth hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This sports writer says:

"A friend of a friend — which admittedly isn’t the best way to pass on information — said Thursday that running back Laurence Maroney (somewhat expected) and Stallworth (completely unexpected) won’t be ready to go due to injury. "

http://www.telegram.com/article/20070722/NEWS/707220640/1009/SPORTS
(towards end of article )

Had not heard a thing about Stallworth. Hope he's wrong.

let's hope that the friend of a friend is wrong

MY mothers uncles, brothers cousin said Stallworth is fine. :D

I guess in the big picture it's small potatoes when injuries are reported on NFL players in July, but I really don't like it when blogging ediquete is confused with sports journalism. It's annoying.

This sports writer says:

"A friend of a friend — which admittedly isn’t the best way to pass on information — said Thursday that running back Laurence Maroney (somewhat expected) and Stallworth (completely unexpected) won’t be ready to go due to injury. "

http://www.telegram.com/article/20070722/NEWS/707220640/1009/SPORTS
(towards end of article )

Had not heard a thing about Stallworth. Hope he's wrong.

Does that sportswriter live in a retirement community for loonies in Arizona? :D

Does that sportswriter live in a retirement community for loonies in Arizona? :D
Yeah, his sisters cousins nephew heard about it through a friend. :D

Wasn't Stallworth missing from the last minicamp (which contradicts the article) and we just assumed he was excused for some personal reason ? Maybe he'd tweaked something back then.

Wasn't Stallworth missing from the last minicamp (which contradicts the article) and we just assumed he was excused for some personal reason ? Maybe he'd tweaked something back then.

I believe he was missing from the "voluntary" passing camp. He was on the field during the mandatory mini-camp.

HE was excused because he had a prior commitment.

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything about Stallworth being injured, and even if Maroney still had some lingering effects from his shoulder surgery (don't know that he actually does) he'd still be at training camp and at least taking part in running drills. I'm not trusting this writer (whom I've never read before) and I'm especially not trusting a friend of a friend of his.....what a joke.

Last edited:
I still wouldn't dismiss this entirely. It's obviously nothing to write home about but I remember when "my roommate's cousin's paperboy said that Chad Jackson toar his ACL in the Colts game and the Pats are keeping it hush" turned out to be true. In either case, here's hoping Dante is happy and healthy.

Let's hope its not true - I'd love to see these guys be in top timing form with Brady as soon as possible... but unless its a career threatening injury (doubtful) this isn't going to change much on the depth chart... it just means that other players lower on the depth chart are going to get more of an opportunity to show what they can do in camp.

Assuming its a minor injury the thought htat someone's going to beat out Stallworth for a spot on the team isn't realistic, so this does little to change the roster competition given what many feel is the deepest WR corps in the league

he said he had personal matters to take care of but he showed up eventually

I believe he was missing from the "voluntary" passing camp. He was on the field during the mandatory mini-camp.
Absolutely correct...And just because he was on the field for mini camp doesn't mean he may NOT start on PUP in camp. No biggie at all as many Patriot's start that way.

Sports reporters for the Telegram have been consistently solid on the Pats beat from my reading, I see no reason to doubt Rich Garven who did a fine job of pointing out the weakness in his source while still reporting "news" of interest to his readers:
But will all the pieces of the puzzle be available when camp opens Friday? A friend of a friend — which admittedly isn’t the best way to pass on information — said Thursday that running back Laurence Maroney (somewhat expected) and Stallworth (completely unexpected) won’t be ready to go due to injury.
-----
Stallworth has a history of balky hamstrings. He missed four games with the Eagles last season and has only gone the full 16 twice in his five-year career. But he was a full participant at minicamp, so if he is banged up it’s apparently a recent development.
Garven notes this information was gathered on Thursday, we might presume he tried to confirm it before the Sunday publication, either way, he was fair to his readers by qualifying the report. I guess we'll just have to wait until the 27th to know for sure. I saw only one possible error in the piece when Garven reported Asante's tattoo was "Get Paid" (as was rumored/reported around here for months) vice what Asante claimed in his ESPN interview ("Get Rich With This"). Perhaps Rich has seen the tattoo in the locker room, one hopes he wasn't using hearsay for that item.

While it's always good to have everyone healthy .... should it be the case that Stallworth is hurt then it's no biggie. Just so long as Moss stays healthy. A healthy Moss catching balls from Brady, opening up the underneath for Welker, the seams for Watson, and keeping defenses on their back heals so that Maroney can make them pay, is what's most important for this Pats offense this season.

How did he get hurt?Helping Assante lift the paperwork for his grievance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes