PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Pats seeking to trade RB Jeff Demps for draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure! If he does nothing for 2 years, we can get a 2nd for him, like we're getting for Mallett.

Yes because a kick returner and occasional scat back falls right in line with many GM's top rated QB in the 2011 draft?

Sure! If he does nothing for 2 years, we can get a 2nd for him, like we're getting for Mallett.

So what's the difference between someone's 7th and a FA player ...

Oh that's huge ...

If Demps is no more than a relay racer he can make much more money in the NFL.

Last edited:

Oh that's huge ...

Exactly people are blinded by Alfonzo Dennard not realizing the circumstances which allowed that and the fact it's highly unlikely when a starter comes out of the 7th round.

Then you are assuming the "idiot " other GMs don't know about the track issue now???

Why again are they idiots? Have they traded for him now? What have other GMs done to be desrved to be called idiots right now...Are they idiots because you think they might trade for him?
Please give me another lesson in critical thinking.....

Other than being the most successful coach in football for over 10 years what has Belichick done to be called an idiot?

Or is this simply more projection?

Oh that's huge ...

If Demps is no more than a relay racer he can make much more money in the NFL.

OK so the other 31 teams should just give us their 7th then? :confused:

Demps took Kraft for $500K last season to fund his track career. I believe that Deus posted what track guys of various accomplishments make. Not good.

There is difference, but the difference isn't necessarily in the quality of the player. A seventh rounder is someone the team chooses to take a chance on. An UDFA is a player who might have offers from many teams. In many ways, a UDFA is in much better a position than a 7th rounder.

Dennard is a fine example; also Edelman. We used 7th's. Maybe we would have gotten these players if we didn't draft them, maybe not.

So, 7th's aren't greatly valuable, but they do have value. I would note that most of the compensatory picks are made just before and just after the 7th round, so these picks are certainly considered valuable by some.

Oh that's huge ...

Demps took Kraft for $500K last season to fund his track career. I believe that Deus posted what track guys of various accomplishments make. Not good.

I agree my theory is that his agent basically told him to sign an NFL contract to get paid the type of bank he'd never make in track and then just put off playing for as long as possible.

There is difference, but the difference isn't necessarily in the quality of the player. A seventh rounder is someone the team chooses to take a chance on. An UDFA is a player who might have offers from many teams. In many ways, a UDFA is in much better a position than a 7th rounder.

Dennard is a fine example; also Edelman. We used 7th's. Maybe we would have gotten these players if we didn't draft them, maybe not.

So, 7th's aren't greatly valuable, but they do have value. I would note that most of the compensatory picks are made just before and just after the 7th round, so these picks are certainly considered valuable by some.

I'd rather keep Demps ... we can still trade for a 7th next year if need be.

Vontaze Burfict actually had a bigger impact then Dennard and he was a UDFA because of similar circumstances. Edelman is a 43-53 player on any NFL team not noteworthy. Really unless its a 5th or higher the likely hood of drafting a roster level player is in the 10% range.

IMHO, Demps is NOT going to get the opportunity to report when he wants.

Let me be clearer. I don't want us to use or potentially use a roster spot on a player who wants a part-time football career.

I'd rather keep Demps ... we can still trade for a 7th next year if need be.

eh, its krafts money I doubt he's losing any sleeo over it. demps was going to play last year before his injury so dunno about that he was never going to play conspiracy. for all we know kraft could get try to get the $ back.

Please change the tread title to Demps to the Browns for the #6 pick.

Eh, trading Demps for a 7th would be pointless. I'd rather just keep him.

I'd rather have another shot at getting a Brandon Deaderick/Alfonso Dennard/Julian Edelman. Ever since the Pats signed Washington, it's been pretty clear that Demps doesn't have a future here. The Pats don't mess around with guys who aren't committed to football.

I'd rather have another shot at getting a Brandon Deaderick/Alfonso Dennard/Julian Edelman. Ever since the Pats signed Washington, it's been pretty clear that Demps doesn't have a future here. The Pats don't mess around with guys who aren't committed to football.

But what if you get another Ebert, Weston, Robinson, Welch, Williams, Richard? And then Demps shows up and has a Cribbs type impact when he first arrived in the NFL? I understand wanting the studs but its also worth noting that for every Deaderick we found in the 7th we found a Love in UDFA and we can still do that with Demps.

IMHO, Demps is NOT going to get the opportunity to report when he wants.

Let me be clearer. I don't want us to use or potentially use a roster spot on a player who wants a part-time football career.

Obviously I don't care what you want.

and even more obviouser, I don't care that you don't care that I cared enough to not care about this caring thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back