PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: MJD to be traded to the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With so many teams geared up to stop the pass the time is ripe for a team to ramp up their running game and take advantage of the scenario. Not much different when we were one of the few teams using the 3-4 ... being excellent at something when most teams are geared up to stop something else is how Belichick has carved out his career.

I would love to see MJD here ... a great running game could add a few years to Tom Brady's career. We don't need Tom slinging 35 passes a game. We could well get by with him throwing 20-25 excellent passes due to a very healthy arm and shoulder. He's not 25 anymore ... a wise team management should reflect what he is not what he used to be.

Seems like we cannot properly use the running backs we have on are roster currently, Ridley is 26TH in carries after a season in which he finished 7TH in rushing yards, 3RD in first downs, and 3RD in touchdowns. If we’re not using the players we already have I can’t really see why we would add to the mix.

I was under the distinct impression that the MJD trade rumors all began with a 'trades that should be made' column that had absolutely zero veracity, and was just something put together for entertainment purposes only by the entertainment and sports programming network.

It seems to me that some in the media are now taking that fictional piece of writing, and re-reporting it as factual. It's really not all that different from what happened earlier this week with the speculation about Favre coming out of retirement to play with the Rams: a bogus rumor spreads like wildfire, just like that exercise that teachers use when one student tells something to the next, the second one tells a third, and so on and then you compare the original statement to the final one - and it's not remotely close to the original.

Favre likely started that rumor himself.

Should we also rename the board the 'Patsfans Official News Board' while we 're at it?

No, but it's clearly not a rumour. Call it speculation, call it a wish, just don't say it's a legitimate rumour.

This isn't the Boston Herald, you can't just make **** up and pass it off as real.

People are free to post ideas and opinions and whatever else, just don't label it as something it isn't. That's all I'm saying, and quite frankly, I'm not quite sure why I have to repeat it. It's pretty obvious...

He led the NFL in 2011 in rushing with no discernible NFL level QB play on the team that year. So why the big drop off from then? Peterson led the NFL in rushing last year with poor qb play and not much of a passing game.

What gives? What makes you think MJD is ever going to play like that again? I fail to see how poor qb play has anything to do with him not rushing the ball well.

How 'bout poor OL and no other discernible O threats, so that opposing D's key only on him?

Last edited:
Um, aren't people forgetting how good Ridley is? Defense or WR would have to be much higher priorities. Even a solid TE would help more. Our running game is suffering because not enough running plays are being called! 18 against the Jests, in a tight, field position game, need I say more?

Ridley doesn't catch balls out of the backfield.

Did he really? Anyone else remember back when jags were good around 05-07 that they were known as that florida team that played like a cold weather team. That was a fun team to watch was always hoping they'd overtake the colts in the division. Loved seeing Jones-Drew and Freddie T dominate the steelers year after year. Jags should go back to the uniforms from those days, maybe it'll bring back that old mentality. Or at least not make them look like the damn fools they do now with the multi colored helmets.

Brady asked him jokingly at the SB to join us when he's a FA and that's what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back