PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: MJD to be traded to the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don_the_patfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Erik Scalavino ‏@E_Scal 22m

RT @NFLDraftBites: #Jaguars dealing MJD to #Patriots possible in next few days. Jags wanted 3rd, will settle on 4th/player (Jake Bequette?)

I don't see this happening because i don't exactly see RB as a need. I see DL as a need.

If it did happen...could be a great addition as long as his foot is fully healed

He'd be insurance in case Vereen can't come back effectively. He's what you hope Vereen develops into, a bowling ball who can catch.

MJD for Bequette? Hahahahahaha!!!! If MJD were in a coffin, the Jags would still be getting screwed on that one.

You guys actually believe this "rumor" as any validity?

Even if we got him for cheap, the Pats wouldn't use him since they don't commit to or quickly abandon the run.

That guy has like a 1000 followers...

I'll just copy and paste what I said in another thread...

I don't get it. I really don't. As a straight up runner, Ridley is more effective at this point in his career than MJD. The only way that would make sense is if they wanted an upgrade as far as a pass catching RB, but even then they put Vereen on IR, designated to return. If that trade happens, it will be a real head scratcher. Give me Nicks or Little, a fatbody DT, and/or a coverage LB. Of course, Gonzalez would be nice as well.

This makes less than zero sense, especially with Vereen due back as soon as he is eligible.

MJD for Bequette? Hahahahahaha!!!! If MJD were in a coffin, the Jags would still be getting screwed on that one.

Laughing out loud. :rocker:

Another RB for them not to run the ball with!

If there's any validity to this, would be a waste of a pick IMO. If you're mortgaging the future, do it for a real need like DT/LB/interior OL

This would make no sense at all, then again, this is the Patriots, and he is an often injured offensive player, so maybe it does make sense. He'd fit right in with Gronk, Amendola, Vereen and half of our O-Line.

I know MJD is a big name and many would be praising the move for this fact alone (good to see that reasonable posters on here are not though).

I mean, how would this move make sense?

As others pointed out, we're in favor of a trade, but for a position of need.

Yeah no thanks, rather see Ridley carrying the ball, and Vereen is on track to be back shortly.

FWIW, he'd be more of a replacement for Washington than anything else.

Still think it's unlikely.

isn't his remaining contract fairly huge. Don't see it. at all.

file this under wishful thinking for someone in the media.

FWIW, he'd be more of a replacement for Washington than anything else.

Still think it's unlikely.

How so? MJD is more of a bruiser and Leon is a speedster who is primarily a kickoff returner at this point. Not sure MJD has ever returned kickoffs or at least not in the past 5 years.

Definitely not needed. That would be a complete waste. If a trade happens look to DT, LB. Just use Ridley; he's just as good at this point (and the Patriots all-time leader in yards/carry now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back